IV Chapter 27 – Smalltalk with Seiyu
311 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shisui stood in front of her door waiting, she peeked behind him spotting, once again, another jungle, and momentarily she played with the thought of using Soras excessive wood production as a distraction. 

But then again. 

We really need to talk, about Seiyu, about all of this.

Gearing herself up, she landed next to him, silently. 

"There was once a time you stumbled when stopping at that speed, even slipped." he suddenly said, and she had a weak smile form on her face. 

"I remember, you caught me, almost every time....let us get over that Seiyu issue and then have a good talk." she muttered and suddenly found herself in a hug. 

"Promise me something?" He asked, and she stilled, nodding with a bit of hesitation. "Next time you get put on a mission, even if it is top secret without me, please at least tell me you have one. For all I care, tell me you got a mission and that is it." 

"I planned on doing so, I just had not gotten around it yet when all this mess happened."

"I see." he said and let her go. "Let us have the talk with Seiyu." 

"Yes, speak, Seiyu." she muttered, and the two walked into their conference room which was basically the kitchen. 

Everyone was present. 

Izayoi, sitting in a corner, a book in front of him. Sora cuddled next to him, half asleep. Seiyu on his usual spot, slurping on a cup of coffee. Shisui sat down next to her palace, the one at the helm pf the table. At this moment, Gene suddenly noticed how weird a group they made. 
Behind them in a lab coat Tsunade stumbled in, panda eye bags but visibly satisfied with herself she settled down and sipped her tea. 

"Thank you for coming." Seiyu said his voice very mature, as his demeanor, everyone in the room stilled, he had their full attention. "Not all I will say here is for everyone's ears...but..." 

"Don't Seiyu, we are Clan, even Tsunade, odd as we are as a Clan if we cannot trust each other, who are we to trust." Gene said and closed her eyes, leaning back.

"Alright. It was when I vanished that I discovered that Orochimaru..."Seiyu looked at Tsunade."...was taking children from Orphanages. I was determined to find proof, after all, no one would believe a small unknown Academy student with no talent to speak off. I got captured swiftly, I was thrown together with the other children, the difference being that....people searched for me, namely Tsukiko and Gene. Tsukikos information network in Konoha back then was not as expansive, or detailed as today, but she got close, so close that he despite his growing obsession with whatever he was studying down there on us drew back." 

"He vanished." Shisui noted dryly. "He wants off grid, we received reports multiple times, flirt under the Sandaime then under the Yondaime to my knowledge, but we left him be similar to Tsunade back then due to the fact he never harmed the village." 

"Well, it is idiocy." Seiyu said and trembled. "That man he is a monster and those who consort with him are not much better, one of them is a Sharingan user, but he is not clan Shisui." 

That rose Shisuis attention and Genes as well.

"He is not Clan, he could be a bastard child for all I know, but he uses fighting techniques of the Uchiha Clan itself, so I suggest he left a long time ago or was someone unimportant enough not to be missed." 

"Or he was believed dead, we never stopped looking into the matter, but I always had someone who was believed dead during the last war. I mean, hundreds of Shinobi lost their lives, one or more on a list no would have noticed." 

"Indeed." Seiyu closed his eyes. "You are right, I have not thought about that yet, but they had some kind of black white person with them. I may have been stuck in a tank, but I had not wanted to stop thinking, I could not do so." 

"It is fine, but are you sure he is not Clan?" Shisui asked. "Or at least not anymore." 

"I am certain." Seiyu said silently. "I could not be more certain. You cannot imagine what they did down there, if it had not been for the knowledge that someone was searching I would not have survived, none of us would have, I would have been just another victim, unnamed, unimportant, redundant." 

"You survived Seiyu, that is what counts, but you could have told me long ago that you were back. I was about to give up on it, close to it." She muttered, and he smiled at her weakly. 

"Gene, I did so because it was useful. Tsukiko though found me out. I will continue doing so as well, I figured it is very....surprising how often cripples are ignored, it is the only thing I can do for the Yuki sitting in this chair. I already know I will never be able to walk again in this life." 

"There are other ways." She said, and he shook his head. 

"This is what I want, I want to be a Shinobi. Few know my current state is completely sane, back, or otherwise, possible I could simply fake small moments of clarity to those that were present today. Traditional is impossible this way is, I will become the Yuki-Clans information specialist for Konohan internal affairs." His eyes seemed suddenly back to how they once were, and Gene found it impossible to refute and found herself nodding. If this was what he truly wanted, then he should just do so. 

He should be whoever he wants. But he sure did not put his goals low. 

"Back to the Hyuga. I knew about the uprising, I am sorry, I knew, but I could not betray my brother, not by speaking his secrets. I found about the practice from him, the day he received his slave seal, when he was deemed useful as a child, and when the side and extended families wished to revolt I could not speak about it." This time he sounded back to his grown up self. Internally Gene knew, the Seiyu she had once known was gone, replaced by a more mature, more determined and much harder person. 

"I see. Don't do it again. Your brother's life could have been saved if I had known." 

"I will do it again, he was my twin, whatever he requested I would have done him the favor if it had not harmed the Yuki. I do not particularly care about Konoha, a place that allows the Hyuga to do what they did, and I request please make it stop. Slavery should not be." 

"I will." 

 

 

 

11