IV Chapter 28 – Tired evening
221 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dinner was shared and continued in silence. Izayoi cared for Sora as usual, Seiyu eat solemnly his food Tsunade went on to devour hers and the tension could be touched with bare hands. 

But somehow it was a weirdly solemn moment, one they shared together, all of them as one and the same Clan. Suddenly the doorbell rung and Gene stood up alongside Shisui wordlessly shaking her head to the others. Passing the hallway, she opened the door and stilled. 

She could have spared out more surprises today.

In front of her stood a small figure, black hair neatly combed into a ponytail, blue gray eyes, pale skinned, wearing Shinobi clothes. Behind her a man as massive as the sword he carried on his back, his face was covered in a bandage. He wore a crossed and beaten Kiri headband on him, as did the Child. 

"Are you Yuki? Is this the Yuki Clan ?" The Child asked and she nodded. The voice sounded far more mature than it should, like that of a grown up. 

"And you are?" She asked him and the Child held up a hand, a small needle of Ice forming. "Haku, I am called Haku Yuki and this is Zabusa." 

Tired far too much as to think how they had entered or come to be here, she closed her eyes. "Then come in, we are eating Dinner right now, do you want some too?" 

"We would appreciate it." Zabusa said, his voice rough, like the rest of him. When he moved, she noticed he was limping slightly and there were some tears on his clothes. "We had an interesting encounter a few days ago." He looked at her, barely entered. "You do not happen to know a red haired, golden eyed swordswoman?"

"Anuk." Gene said and smiled at him. "My cousin, I am Genevieve Yuki the current leader of the Yuki, this is my second in command. Shisui Uchiha." 

How Ironic the two of them had already met one of them, she would bet he got that limp from a bout with her if he mentioned her like that. 

"Anuk, so that is her name." He said and shook his head. "The woman is crazy." 

They entered the eating place and he stilled. 

"So this is the Yuki." he asked, and she went to her place Shiusi going to the Kitchen sink bringing along with him a few plates and putting them into the sink before taking out an orange juice. "You are a weird assemble." 

"Well it seems you will soon enough call yourself your own, once we know you to be trustworthy but to be sincere we all had a long day, so eat, and then I suggest everyone goes take a rest. Izayoi, can you get Tsunade later and go prepare the guest rooms." she said, he looked at her and blinked. 

"We only have one guest room." he said and she signed. 

"Then prepare the one we have." then she thought a bit. "And clean out my quarters..."

"No need. I am used to sleeping in the same room as Haku, spare yourself the hassle." Zabusa said and she looked at them. 

"As you wish." He looked at her startled she immediately agreed but she simply roller her shoulders, when the man offered then she would not refuse, she was too tired for politeness today, or even for recognizing it. 
Shortly later, she cleaned up while Izayoi and Tsunade went to clean out the guest room. Sora played around with wooden blocks alongside Seiyu who carefully tried to lift the small pieces of wood with earth jutsus. He said it was to improve his fine control. 

Zabuza and Haku sat at the Table, observing the ongoing with rising curiosity. They were children and the oldest was their local medic, if they truly came here for joining, and it would be her first step on gathering the survivors and rebuilding the Yuki in Konoha, Zabusa would ironically be their oldest Shinobi member now. 

The two guests retired and so did Gene and Shisui after putting Sora to bed and pushing Seiyu to his room. As soon as the door closed behind her, Gene felt dreadfully tired and just wished to collapse where she stood, but not now. 
Suddenly, a Hand was placed over her eyes. 

"Sleep." Shsui grumbled. "Simply go to sleep, you are exhausted." 

She hummed and leaned closer to him. "Sleepover." she asked, mumbling, and suddenly she felt him laughthing. 

"Sure, just don't stab me with that ancient as hell Kunai underneath your pillow."

She grumbled again and agreed, she would not stab him. Maybe tomorrow, but today she was bone deep tired and weary. 

 

10