CHAPTER 47: Dungeon Exam (III)
247 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few minutes after entering the dungeon, I noticed some signs and understood that this dungeon is D-rank.

The first sign was that the mana density here was more intense than it should have been in an E-rank dungeon.

I noticed the second sign when I encountered a few goblins. A goblin cannot hide in F-rank dungeons, they can only attack directly. In an E-rank dungeon, goblins can hide, but they cannot hide their weapons in their hiding place, their intelligence is only about hiding themselves. In D-rank dungeons, the goblins reach the intelligence to hide themselves with their weapons. In C-rank dungeons, goblins are mixed with their more evolved species, hobgoblins. But in this dungeon, there are no hobgoblins and the goblins were able to hide themselves.

And the last sign was because of a goblin inside the group of goblins I just fought. Because there was a goblin shaman in the goblin group. Goblin shamans spawn in boss rooms of E-rank dungeons or in D-rank dungeons with other goblin groups, and here too the goblin shaman attacked me inside a goblin group, which was the last sign.

Although it's good for me that no one knows right now, I had to get in the favor of Aimee, so I thought I should let her know, so I pulled out my card and called Aimee.

(Hi Jake, what is the problem?)

Aimee answered my call.

"Hello president the situation is that this dungeon is not an E-rank. This is a D-rank dungeon."

(Why are you thinking like that?)

Immediately after, I listed the previous information.

(I understand. Congratulations Jake, you're the first to let us know.)

"So on purpose we were told that the dungeon that is actually D-rank is E-rank, am I right?"

(That's right. Do you understand the reason?)

"I have a few guesses."

(Can you explain?)

"Well, my first idea: The school is preparing us students for what might happen in the dungeon. For example, the evolution of the dungeon or the fact that the information given is wrong (although it is very difficult). My second opinion: This thing is actually a test for me. Will I be able to notice the situation in the dungeon and if I do, will I let you know? My third idea is to have a test for all students. Will they be able to spot the change in the dungeon? Or will they let you know? Or maybe they will take advantage of this situation and attack each other? Or will they run away and abandon each other?

These are my guesses." When I finished my sentence, the other party (Aimee) remained silent.

"President, is everything okay?"

(Ugh... Yes everything is fine. I just didn't expect you to know all the reasons.)

"Hahaha... So I passed the test?"

(Yeah you did. But it's not over yet, you still need to pass the exam by bringing mana cores. Also, if you take someone under your protection on the way, use your card and save them on your card.)

"Ok. I'm out."

(Take care.)

I closed the call and resumed my way.

*KLAANG

*AHHHHH!

"HELP!"

*BOOOOM

I started to hear some noises ahead and started walking towards it.

Soon after, the voices began to get stronger. And as soon as I turned a corner, I was faced with the most ridiculous battle I have ever faced in my life. The E-rank 5 student I saw in front of me once in a while at school couldn't fight against a goblin group. Yes, you heard right, THEY CANNOT FIGHT.

The more I watched, the more ridiculous the fight got.

Curious about the explosions at first, I looked at the mage and I can tell this boy has no aim. He throws random fireballs around. You'd have to be an idiot to throw that many fireballs in a cave-type dungeon. All he does is waste his mana and his teammates try to avoid both the goblins and this boy's fireballs.

Then the girl who was supposed to be a warrior just threw her sword at the goblin. But the girl's throw was as if she was trying not to cut the goblin but to give her sword to the goblin, because she threw it at the goblin as if by the hilt, and of course the goblin took no damage.

The boy, who was supposed to be a tank, made himself a cover with his shield and protected himself with his back to the wall.

The girl in the role of the archer is just trying to do something decent, but because all the pioneers are on their own, she can't distance herself from the goblins.

"Enough! Now what kind of fight is this?" I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to shout.

"Dark Knight!"

"He is Dark Knight!"

"Please help us Dark Knight."

Except for the boy who was hiding behind the shield, they all started calling my name and asking for help.

"There's nothing can be done. I guess I have to help." I said and started walking towards them.

*Mana Zone

*Mana Arrow

Right after that, I used my newly created skill called mana arrows using my mana zone skill. A few arrows of azure mana appeared and began to pierce the goblins one by one.

I don't even need to use my martial arts for these goblins. So I rushed forward and started slashing the goblins with my sword.

*Slash

*Kiiiiieeerrrggg

*Slash

*Slash

.

.

.

.

And after killing a few more goblins, finally all the goblins around were slaughtered. I'm able to locate the mana cores in the goblins I've killed, so I was able to extract the mana cores from all the goblins without any hassle or contamination and put them on my spatial wristband.

"Now we have things to talk about. But first. Hey person hiding behind the shield, aren't you thinking of going out? There's nothing to be afraid of, get out now. If you don't come out, I'll take you out myself."

I waited a while longer, and when there was no movement, I walked towards the boy and grabbed the shield and pulled it. The boy behind him had a completely surprised expression on his face but I didn't care, I grabbed the boy and threw him where his other friends were.

"Cruel."

"Cruel"

"Definitely Cruel."

"Whatever. Now back to our conversation."

4