Spoiler-free List of Adventures
208 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just a general idea about the various adventures writtten so far, since it's difficult to summarize them all collectively!

Word counts are rounded. Chapters may be broken into 2-3 posts if they are excessively long.

Beginnings (6 chapters, 9,700 words)
Having escaped from the twisted moon-cult, Neoma finds safe haven, and settles down to a very different life, including adopting an orphaned amarog cub. She's run a long way, but is anywhere far enough?

Meetings (11 chapters, 23,500 words)
The forts once built to protect the nearby cities from outside threats have turned to raiding the cities, who encourage the forts to raid rival cities. The heir apparent to the fort Dunnval isn't happy with this or his own role in it, but tries to be responsible. During what should be the final test of his fitness to eventually take over, Tyrel and his half-brother and best friend Madoc encounter a very peculiar amarog, and life suddenly turns onto a completely new track for them and for Tyrel's thrall Kaveri.

Garden (9 chapters, 14,800 words)
The Valley of Umako is a single large, complex, highly varied garden, tended by an all-male semi-religious order created by the earthborn mother, Chimaka, of the very young earthborn who is the Valley. Our heroes expect only a pleasant sightseeing trip, but something is clearly amiss in the Garden, and perhaps they can do what humans can't.

Care (3 chapters, 5,400 words)
The road they're following leads straight into a village devastated by plague. Illness can't affect them, so what can they do but spend a few days helping, to whatever extent they can?

Convictions (13 chapters, 23k words)
The city of Galimont is plagued with violence, and those responsible are getting trivial sentences or are acquitted despite evidence. Clearly, someone with considerable power is protecting them, but the Watch have been forbidden to investigate the magistrates and the other elite. Galimont’s average citizens, and most of all Galimont’s women, live in fear. Though they’re nearing Valeyan’s domain, could our heroes possibly ignore the situation? But what can four outsiders do about it? *This is the only story that needs a trigger warning - the violence targets women especially, and there is one staged 'rape' that is not described in graphic detail. If you're concerned, contact me or skip this one.*

Homecoming (4 chapters, 7,000 words)
Valeyan's domain, at last! (And it only took 65k words to get here!)

Turn (25 chapters, 73k words)
Meet royal cousins Narcissa and Lysandra. Narcissa took a vow long ago never to marry, and devotes her herbalist and healing skills and her considerable influence to the care of her people – most recently, attempting to found public hospitals. Lysandra, by day, is Narcissa’s dutiful and reserved assistant Evander, but by night she can be herself, an outgoing and popular dancer. Someone wants them out of the way, badly.

Conspiracies, assassination attempts, a persistent suitor, big fight scenes with multiple combatants on each side, the first head-on clash between Neoma’s descendants and the group she ran from, a few answers and more questions, a tavern with unusual customers but great entertainment, a transgender central character and her chaste semi-sacred cousin’s all-feminine household, all in a highly civilized nation with an extraordinary number of gods. No wonder this is unquestionably the longest single story yet!

Travelling (3 chapters, 7,400 words)
On the way to the Valley of Umako, now a larger group and no longer owning only what they can carry, our heroes join up with a series of travelling shows and adjust to a life new to all of them.

Return (24 chapters, 68k words)
The town of Ilek is suffering from the effects of flood, a shortage of food, and a plague of mice. Narcissa believes she can help. But the local earthborn is acting oddly, as well, and the pieces don't all fit. Is there more to this than a natural catastrophe and poor planning?

2