Chapter 6 Life Is Like A Play
655 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently on Chapter 84 on P.A.T.R.E.O.N on Signing In BTTH

Currently on Chapter 18 on the Patron-Exclusive Novel: Becoming A Heaven Defying God In Douluo Dalu (DDI Fanfic)

Exploding Attributes System In Douluo Dalu is completed there too

Line Break
***

In the Hun Clan’s Imperial Study, in front of the golden nanmu table, a man in a white robe, using light from a moonstone, was intently looking at and reading an ancient scroll in his hand.

In front of the man, stood a child in an aqua blue robe, he was 6 years old. The child was looking unscrupulously at the middle-aged man sitting on the Throne.

It was unknown what material the Throne is made of. Even though he was 5 meters away from the Throne, Hun Han could still feel faint energy from it permeating the surroundings. Under the influence of this energy, Hun Han felt himself become refreshed, it was clear that this Throne is beneficial to the soul. It is hard to imagine what miraculous effects the Throne would bring if someone were to sit and cultivate on it.

The energy emitted by the Throne is very rich. At first glance, it looks like an Immortal Throne and coupled with the white-robed man sitting on it and the surrounding decoration, the Study appeared like an Immortal Scholar’s abode.

However, Hun Han knew that it was exactly the opposite, he knew that the middle-aged man before him was cruel, cautious, ruthless and that he did anything to achieve his goal.

Hun Han looked around the Imperial Study. The layout of the room was based on the supreme number, 99. From these details, he could tell that the ambition of the Hun Clan is not small!

"Hey, that's not right, I have already seen Hun Tian Di, why did I not obtain the reward for the Character Sign In. Could it be that for the Character Sign In to occur, I need to have physical contact with the other party?"

Hun Han was guessing while standing in the Imperial Study.

Currently, Hun Han has seen Hun Tian Di’s face, yet he had not obtained the reward. From that, Hun Han inferred that for the Character Sign In to work, he needs to have physical contact with Hun Tian Di, just like that time with Aunt Qin Lan.

Hun Han was speechless, it was already hard to see Hun Tian Di, how hard would it be to touch him?

However, he had to persevere, all for that reward!

"I heard that you knelt for a day just to see me?"

The room was silent for quite a while before the middle-aged man sitting on the Throne broke it. However, even though Hun Tian Di spoke, his eyes remained on the ancient scroll in his hand.

Hun Han replied: "Yes."

"What great courage, you dare to get others to intercede for you."

Hun Tian Di’s tone was light, he did not appear to be angry, he glanced at Hun Han, and then continued to read the ancient scroll in his hand.

Hun Han looked calm, and said, "Father, is right, you know that better than anyone else."

Hun Tian Di muttered, "Give me an explanation for why you did this."

Hun Han responded indifferently: "Since father already has an answer in his mind, then there is no need for me to explain anything!"

Hun Tian Di said was a fact. After Hun Han knelt outside the temple for a day, among the Hun Clan, many important figures came forward and interceded for him.

This shocked the Hun Clan! After all, in the past 6 years, many people have deliberately alienated and kept a distance from him. Now, for such a trivial matter, many important figures had come forward for him.

This also left not only the Hun Clan but also Hun Han puzzled. Maybe he would know why after he asks Aunt Qin.

"Well, now that you have seen me, you can go!" Hun Tian Di said indifferently without his eyes leaving the book.

Go?

He cannot do this!

He still needs to Sign In with Hun Tian Di to receive his reward!

Upon hearing this, Hun Han knelt, he cried emotionally: "Now that child has seen father, even if he dies tomorrow, he will be happy. Whenever he misses his father, at least he can remember this. It is just that child has been brought up by Aunt Qin since he was born. He has never enjoyed nor embraced his father, child understands that father is the Patriarch of the Hun Clan, and that he is responsible for a lot of things. But child sees lots of other children embracing their father and child wants to do the same! Sometimes child wakes up in the night with a tear-stained pillow, please, at least satisfy child’s wish, let child embrace father!"

Hun Tian Di put down the ancient scroll in his hand, he finally took a proper look at his thirteenth son for the first time.

The two looked at each other, speechless.

After some time, Hun Tian Di’s heart softened. He stood up from his Throne, walked to Hun Han, and opened his arms.

Upon seeing this, Hun Han did not hesitate to do the same and hug him.

"Ding Dong!"

With the physical contact between Hun Han and Hun Tian Di, the System's voice finally rang.

"Congratulations, the Host has physical contact with Hun Tian Di! Do you wish to Sign In?"

"Sign In!" After so much effort, a fool would not Sign In!

"Ding Dong!"

"Congratulations, you have completed Signing In with Hun Tian Di. Obtained item: Teleportation Star Plate!" Teleportation Star Plate: Ranked 9 on the Artifact Ranking. It utilises the power of the stars to move tens of millions of kilometres in an instant.

"Hahaha! I can move tens of millions of kilometres in a flash. Hmph, if I cannot defeat the enemy, I will just run! Can he stop me?! Haha, yes, yes, all those acting classes were not in vain! "

Hun Han was overjoyed, the reward he obtained matches the status that Hun Tian Di holds, he obtained such a rare yet strange thing!

In the Dou Qi Continent, there are Ranks for weapons, from high to low, they are divided into four Classes, Tian, Di, Xuan and Huang. Each major Class can be subdivided into three smaller levels: high, middle and low. Above these Classes is the famous rank of Artifacts!

Hun Han let go of Hun Tian Di, with a touch of satisfaction on the corner of his mouth. He has obtained an Artifact!

On the other hand, Hun Tian Di looked at Hun Han, he was slightly surprised. As a person with an Emperor Level Soul, he could see the intent in Hun Han’s eyes.

Hun Han, apart from a touch of satisfaction in his eyes, also had a strong touch of complacency. That kind of triumphant gaze appears only after a scheme succeeds.

Uh!

Hun Tian Di was taken aback and stared at Hun Han suspiciously. Even with his wisdom, he could not figure out what scheme his Thirteenth son had concocted.

"You... can go now!" Hun Tian Di's indifferent voice rang again.

"It turns out that my father's embrace is so warm!"

Although he did not like this, Hun Han continued to say emotionally: "Father, to be able to get your embrace today is a long-cherished wish of your child. It is just that… I have a request and I hope that Father will agree to his child’s request."

Upon hearing this, Hun Tian Di asked curiously: "What is it?"

Hun Han answered: "I want to enter the Book Collection Pavilion!"

"No!"

Hun Tian Di refused: "According to the rules left by the ancestors, only children at the age of 6, with a Cultivation Base above 7 Star Dou Zhi Qi, and a Bloodline above Grade 5, are eligible to enter the Book Collection Pavilion. Even I cannot break this rule!"

Humph!

Hun Han sneered inwardly, he looked indifferently up at Hun Tian Di.

Since he was familiar with the plot, Hun Han knew that the Hun Tian Di before him was not someone who went by the rules, nor was he an honest person. In the future, to unify the Dou Qi Continent and defeat the Flame Di, Xiao Yan, he would sacrifice many Hun Clan Clansmen.

To put it bluntly, Hun Tian Di just hates him, and nor does he value him, which is why he does not want to break this rule.

As for Hun Tian Di, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. For some reason, while looking into Hun Han's eyes, he felt the illusion as if he were seen through by Hun Han. As if he was standing naked in front of Hun Han at this moment.

"Father!"

Hun Han was going to do anything to complete that Sign In Mission at the Book Collection Pavilion!

Thus, Hun Han continued to speak emotionally: "Tomorrow, I will obey the rules of the Clan and go to some distant region and govern it for the Clan. If I were the child of some ordinary person, this would not be a problem, but child is the Thirteenth Son of the Hun Clan Patriarch. If I do not have any advanced Dou Qi Methods and Techniques, others will think that father is favouring one over the other and that the tiger father, has begotten a dog son. This will taint father’s great and pure reputation!"

"Bold!"

Hun Tian Di yelled; his Qi leaked out.

Hun Han clasped his fists, he uttered: "I do not dare, everything I do is for father’s sake!"

The room was silent, a breeze flew in.

After a moment of silence, the wind dissipated, and Hun Tian Di said indifferently: "Tomorrow, go to the Book Collection Pavilion with the Grand Elder!"

After hearing this, Hun Han was overjoyed, he was going to complete his Sign In Mission at the Book Collection Pavilion! He clasped his fist and said, "Thank you, father!"

Looking at Hun Tian Di, who was sitting on the Throne again, reading his ancient scroll, Hun Han knelt and knocked his head three times towards Hun Tian Di. After that, he stood up and said to Hun Tian Di: "You... take care!"

This time, Hun Han did not call him ‘Father’, but ‘You’.

No matter how indifferent Hun Tian Di was to Hun Han in the past, Hun Tian Di is ultimately Hun Han's biological father. To meet him, he had kneeled outside the Palace and kowtowed to him, this showed the minimum love between child and father.

And while someone of this world may not care about Hun Han’s treatment, Hun Han himself did. He came from the 21st century and seeing how Hun Tian Di had treated him in the past, then naturally Hun Han will not stick his warm face into a cold ass.

(T/N: ‘stick his warm face into a cold ass’ is slang for an unrequited relationship and love)

For the Hun Clan, a Clan where everyone is indifferent to one another and where familial love does not exist, he, Hun Han is happy to leave this place and not be part of Hun Tian Di’s stepping stone to the Dou Di Realm.

Hun Han pondered, after completing the Sign In Mission, he will elope with Aunt Qin and go to some area and become its City Lord.

However, Hun Han who had left the Imperial Study did not notice that out of the corner of his eye, Hun Tian Di continued staring at Hun Han’s departing back. Only when Hun Han's back disappeared, did words full of tenderness emerge from Hun Tian Di’s mouth: “He is really like you!”

9