#4 List
1.8k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WanWan was licking his tiny paws when suddenly the door slammed open.

BAAM!

[WanWan: Σ(°△°|||)!!!]

The loud noise made him jump rolling out from the bed, falling onto the cold tiled floor.

[WanWan: Owiee. . . (。╯︵╰。)]

A pretty lady with black long hair in a black female work suit came in with a worried look. She approached the unconscious Long Jun and sighed expressing the shock she received when she heard of the news.

Song Feifei threw her bag onto the couch letting her stiff arms dangle to it's side. Since their family had tons of money, she moved her brother to a V.I.P room when she received the call. Due to work she couldn't leave in the middle of the meeting and it took some time for her to tell her boss about the situation.

[WanWan: w(°o°)w! Really a pretty sister!]

WanWan was awed and walked out underneath the bed rubbing himself onto Feifei's feet.

"Is this the cat?" She heard about the resolute cat who was guarding his unconscious little brother the entire way. Feifei was fond of animals and hearing about how brave this little cutie was, Feifei picked WanWan up lovingly rubbing his neck making him purr in pleasure.

[WanWan: Ahh~ so good! pretty sister is so nice! (≧▽≦)]

Song Feifei was also enjoying this moment but was interrupted when her phone rang. The call number was her Boss.

"Yes Boss?"

You can leave for 3 days. Be sure to be back after.

"R-really?! Thank you!" her tone of voice rose from excitement.

Mmn.

She pumped the air with her fist in celebration and it was then that Long jun finally woke up.

Ah. Song Feifei wasn't overreacting. Her Boss rarely let's her off the hook so having a 3 day break was a miracle.

Long Jun woke up with a light headache.

 He didn't move and spaced out, busy staring at the ceiling.

Im still alive. . . .

Occupied with his thoughts that he failed to notice Song Jun's sister who was staring at him a bit fearful.

That lifeless, dead look. . . it really was disturbing.

Song Feifei quickly gathered her composure to act like normal. She stood up and moved closer with a slightly angry look.

"You little! You scared the hell out of me!" she complained grabbing him by the ear.

!!!

This sudden pain startled him reflexively slapping that hand away with force.

[WanWan: Host! That's your sister! SISTER!]

WanWan jumped up grabbing his shirt with his teeth before flailing his little arms in the air. Look here! look at me!

This worked and with a glanced he read through the text only visible to him.

A quick change and he was already smiling looking a bit sad, gently grabbing his sister's injured hand tenderly rubbing it.

"Im sorry Sis, you startled me." he frowned feeling guilty.

Feifei flinched for a bit before suddenly opening her arms for a tight hug!

"Thank goodness! You lucky little bastard! Good thing it was only a concussion!"

Being constricted all of a sudden made him uncomfortable but that gentle smile didn't fade. He even hugged warmly patting his sister's back.

[WanWan: Jun! Don't smile! Don't do that! WanWan is sad! WanWan doesn't like it!!! (・'ω'・)]

WanWan acted aggressively and squeezed in between trying to push them away from each other but didn't think it through and was then  suffocated between a flat and soft round chest.

Feifei saw this and broke away picking the tiny cutie up.

"Ey. poor kitty. Are you okay?" She coaxed tenderly rubbing him with her fingers.

[WanWan: Pretty Sister! WanWan is fine! WanWan is super strong!(ノ' з ')ノ] happy, he mewled.

"Aww~ Jun'er, when did you take this little cutie in?"

Long Jun stared at the the cat system in her arms. His smile was still there but his eyes dimmed a little.

"It's not mine."

[WanWan: !!! Σ(°ロ°)] Rejected.

WanWan started mewling sadly, squirming out of Feifei's arms to snuggle on Long Jun's stomach.

[WanWan: Host you meanie! Big! Big! Meanie! Hmph! You don't want WanWan but WanWan won't let you go! ヽ( 'д'*)ノ]

In the eyes of dear Feifei, WanWan was totally into her younger brother even openly asking for love and attention.

"Awww~♡ So freaking cute! Jun'er we'll take it in! Think up of a name ok!"

[WanWan" Waah! Pretty sister is really so nice! So nice! (',,•ω•,,)♡]

WanWan started fawning over Feifei since she was really helping him big time.

"Smart cat! Seems like it understood me! Hand!"

WanWan was never a mood killer and entertained her giving his paw.

"Wow! Jun'er! This cat really is smart!" Her eyes widened in surprise and her love for little WanWan shot up.

"Roll? Jump? Play dead?"

The smart WanWan didn't disappoint and indulged her. Praise me! WanWan is a good cat!

The bright gleam in his eyes and that adorable smile struck an arrow in Feifei's heart!

"The doctor said if nothing is wrong then you'll be released by tomorrow. The car won't be back till next week. Stay home for now ok?"

"Ok. I'll listen to you." he energetically nodded, acting a bit excited.

Feifei wanted to say something else but she couldn't find the right words to say it and played with WanWan to pass time.

Long Jun was the same and stared at them. In the inside, he was on observing Song Feifei in detail. Figuring out her personality, habits, even the way she played with her hair when thinking.

It was natural for him to do so since this was how got along with people in the past. Faking and adapting to their liking.

If they ask for attention, he'll give them the attention they want.

If they want him to feel sad, he'll try to feel sad.

"Jun'er" she broke the silence. " Why did you stay on the villa without telling me?"

[WanWan: Σ(°△°|||)!!!]

"I just wanted some free time for myself. I didn't want to bother you." A blatant lie.

Song Feifei deeply stared at his little brother. He was hiding something and as his sister, she could easily sense it. Song Feifei frowned and scooted closer lovingly embracing her brother into a tight hug.

"Jun'er, You know that big sis is always here for you right? No matter how small or big, sister is willing to shoulder them for you. Remember, it'll bother me more when you don't say it rather than me knowing it. Sister cares for you."

Her sincere heart was like rays of warm sunlight. Ling Jun's heart jumped from surprise but that was it. Out of her sight, his eyes simply turned darker and he directed it to WanWan who was staring back at them.

WanWan cowered a bit before reminding himself of the words he vowed to commit. He stuck out his fluffy chest and bravely raised his head high battling with the intensity of his gaze.

[WanWan: Scary! s-s-so scary!  b-but WanWan can do it! WanWan is a man! ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ] The small kitty bearing a lion's heart.

The struggle was real and Ling Jun read all about it.

"Sleep some more. I'll be out to buy some food. I don't think the hospital's food would be that tasty. Should I buy your favorite braised pork belly for later?"

"Mmn. I would love too."

"Then take a nap. I'll be back." she turned and left.

[WanWan: Host. Host. WanWan didn't like what you did just now! Why aren't you listening to me! ( ╥ω╥ )]

The indifferent Long Jun continued to ignore him and laid back down turning his back on him for a nap. He was at lost, worried that he would cause trouble and failed to deceive her.

[WanWan: Grandpa Yan said you shouldn't act! Not allowed to act!]

"Shut up." he warned. WanWan was so annoying.

His stern tone stopped him from nagging further and his already droopy ears drooped lower in disappointment.

Grandpa Yan. Grandma Guan. Jade Emperor, please watch over WanWan. he prayed silently.

The day passed quickly and he was already inside his sister's car on the way home. His sister was being extra careful and didnt dare let him drive.

The cold breeze was hitting his cheeks and the smell of grass with a hint of rubber occupied his nose. He held out hand similar to how a dog let its tongue out to feel the wind.

He felt tranquility in his heart.

Arriving to the Song's family home, Long Jun was greeted warmly by the housekeeper and a few workers of the mansion. There was a gardener, a cook, and a few working together in keeping the house clean.

This mansion wan't bought by his parents but his grandparents and maintained since still. The assets of the family came from businesses and pursuit in science.

His older brother. Song Wen, although adopted, took over the business with pure thoughts of helping manage the family and never failed to work hard every day. He never sat on a high chair and look down on people for he remembers the love that was given to him by his adoptive parents.

Their parents were disinterested and didn't want to have anything to do with business so they were happy to pass the baton to the eldest son.

The parents rarely had a chance to come home from biomedical research and medical engineeeing experiments that there were rarely chances for them to come home, however since they were working for a good cause, the children didn't mind and was rather proud to have them.

At the very best, they tried to balance their lives between work and family as much as they could.

"Mom stormed out of her lab and is booking the fastest ticket home. Dad was in a really important phase in his experiment but promised to arrive in three days." Song Feifei told him the happy news.

It was already hard for Long Jun to keep up his smile but the hurdle bar seemed to always raise itself.

Unpacking his stuff away, Long Jun sat on his bed expressing his slight tiredness. With this body and everything that happened, it was too weak to even fight back.

WanWan was never the silent type and jumped on the bed intensely staring at him with his big watery eyes. Can I talk? Can I say something now? Let me speak please! Can I? Yeah?

"What."

[WanWan: Host! Host! Is there something you want to do? Something you want to see? Let's go! Go!]

"No."

[WanWan: There must be something! Please! pleaaase~ Let's go on  a trip! It's one of the things i want to do from the list!] He really wasn't giving up!

"List?"

[WanWan: Yup! Granpa Yan gave me a to-do list that I can do together with you! Ah, it's similar to quests? but it's only for WanWan!]

Written on cutie WanWan's list were these:

*Meet sister - Reward: Grandma Guan's yarn ball

*Take him Home - Reward: Special Catnip from Granpa Zao

*Meet with friends: Exclusive Cat Food made by Grandpa Zao

*Go on a Trip- Reward: Grandma Guan's special fluffy bed

*Find a lover - Reward: Grandma Guan's special cat Tower

*'PAPAPA' - Reward: Invitation to system gathering party.

Grandpa Yan said the list will grow in time so there will be more to look forward in the future!

Long Jun wanted to rest and snuggled himself with the quilt with his back facing WanWan. A lot of things happened and everything was too all of a sudden that it's giving him a headache. He was anxious, he hated it when he doesn't know what was going on.

WanWan heard him breathing evenly and didn't want to wake him up so WanWan sat on his spot thinking.

[WanWan: Grandpa Yan wrote down to look for a lover. . . Agh! WanWan reallly reaaaaally want that cat tower ٩(ˊ〇ˋ*)و]

[WanWan: But what does PAPAPA mean? Papa. . pa? hitting? the sound of hitting?] He cutely tilted his head to the side making it seem like his big furry head was heavy.

[WanWan: Should I ask him? . . .  no, if I ask then he'll know about the list.]

WanWan was so confused that he started rolling around the bed thinking deeply about it.

[WanWan: Ah! Whatever! WanWan will think about it next time!]

He decided and moved closer to Long Jun, snuggling at the other pillow beside him.

[WanWan: Let's nap.( ̄﹃ ̄) ]

If Long Jun was awake. He would probably throw WanWan out of the window.

In his dreams, all he saw was a thick field of white snow.

Snow. . .

He. . . wanted to see them.

(a/n: should be bully-proof but MC is immune

(a/n: should be bully-proof but MC is immune.)

44