#5 Snow
1.6k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was the day!

[WanWan: We're going to ski~ Going to ski~ Grandma Guan is making me a fluffy fluffy bed~(⌒ω⌒)]

His humming was deaf to all other than Long Jun but his happy mood couldn't damper this fact.

Scottish fold WanWan was thrilled with this news!

[WanWan: Is my Host finally getting better? WanWan is happy! ('。• ω •。')]

The people inside the house were really loving and caring individuals. They all treat each other as a good friend and live in harmony. Social status isn't a concern inside this house.

He believed that because this was such a warm and cozy place that his host finally warmed up. He remembered the warm sunlight that passes through the glass windows. Ahh~ He misses the sun~ sunbathing~ summer~ (*¯︶¯*)

WanWan often gets treats from the big brothers and sisters in the household. They would even pat WanWan or rub his neck which made him happier more than treats!

Here was WanWan's paradise on earth! WanWan is looking forward to be spoiled more! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

Long Jun didn't even need to read through the popping texts for he could feel the aura of bliss from the tiny cat.

"..."

Today, this cat explained to him a couple of things.

December 11, XXXX

At first he thought it was a coincidence. That the year was exactly the same back when he killed himself. 

[WanWan: You didn't move into another world host!]

But this was the reality.

[WanWan: Here is still the same world you live in but now, you're living inside someone else, in a different body and a different life!]

"I see. . ." In the end, he couldn't escape. From this world.

Is that so. . .

[WanWan: Host ฅ(^・ω・^ฅ)?]

 Long Jun didn't bother to talk and started to pack. He was stuck between thinking and packing so it took him a long time to finish. WanWan didn't want to fall asleep waiting and decided to lure the people for treats with his simple tricks.

[WanWan: Hehehe~ No one can refuse my cuteness! (((o(*°▽°*)o)))]

Narcissistic cat.

Long Jun decided to ride the bullet train to get there and not drive. He wasn't traumatized or anything, he really just didn't feel like driving today. He rode the taxi to the station, lowering the windows to look outside.

Lots of people. . . noisy streets. . . traffic. . . 

[WanWan: Isn't the outside beautiful?! Host, this system will really really recommend that you go out and look at beautiful dazzling things more. Look! That tv is gigantic! (✧ω✧) ]

-And this nagging cat.

He had no plans getting close to it. Rather, if only this annoyance would just disappear. It was disturbing for him to know that there was someone, something, who knew the real him. His past, how he lived and survived before he died.

He felt like he was under someone's blackmail. A good thing is that this oddity cannot be heard by anyone else but him. If this thing had the ability to tattle. . .

WanWan shivered from the host's cold stare. Whatever he was currently thinking, WanWan knew it was nothing good.

The trip was smooth and WanWan didn't get bored. The seats he was at was a 4 seated table and a pair of mother and daughter were sitting infront of him. The little girl was attracted to WanWan's fluffy fur and the tiny ears that seemed to disappear. She giggled whenever WanWan would playfully nib on her finger saying 'it tickles' while moving it left and right, carrying the cat with her.

The little girl would speak to him and Long Jian would smile, imitating a gentle neighborhood brother and submit to her tiny requests from time to time. WanWan was happy at this and felt so smart since it was him who tweaked a little to change Long Jun's seats number through the internet.

[WanWan: I have skills ฅ(^・ω・^ฅ) I am awesome.]

After checking in their room, they went straight to the hill with all the attention they could gather. It was common nowadays to see dogs wearing winter clothes around these parts but to see a cat in a skiing spot, a tiny one at that, was rare and eye catching.

The cat was wearing a trendy winter coat and was standing on two legs inside the man's hoodie. It's front paws were gripping on the man's head, pulling out strands of hair ruining his hairstyle. The women wanted to thank this cat for making the sexy mouth-drooling man such a hot seductive mess. Ahh~ Eyecandy! Fangirling~♡

 A 3 people group of girls were sneakily taking photos of him so he walked up to them. "Ladies?"

"W-w-what d-do. . . ah. . ." They never thought he would approach them leaving them flustered and shy.

"I'm sorry, but can you please remove the photos you just took of me? I don't like having my pictures taken." he flashed an troubled smile, shooting arrows straight to their hearts and their knees almost buckled. He dyed his hair back to black which made his charming self unbearably seductive. 

And his voice~ ahh~ eargasm.

"D-d-don't apologize. W-we'll delete! delete it!" their well trained fingers tapped hurriedly on their phones.

"Thank you." He sighed in relief and left.

"Y-you're number!" One of them asked but he pretended to not hear it, mixing through the  busy crowd walking uphill and losing them.

[WanWan: Host! you're really popular! With WanWan, we make a great pair! (*°▽°*)]

"..." No comment.

Arriving on top geared up and ready, he was positioning himself to ski downhill  without caring how the small cat on his head would probably fell. This sight gripped the onlookers hearts, some worried, some amused. How will the cat react?

[WanWan: Host, have you ever went skiing before?]

"..."

[WanWan: Do you know what to do?]

"..." 

[WanWan: H-h-host. why are you not- NYAAAAAAA!!!] 

And down he went.

[WanWan: NYAAAAAAA!!! I'M GONNA DIEE!- eh? ( : ౦ ‸ ౦ : )?]

The cold air made his fur stand and the strong pull made him sink under the hoodie so he would not fall.

Long Jun was skillfully going down in curves, moving to the left and right.  They were wide leaving sinus curve-like trails and his body would lean close to the ground. There was no pause even jumping for a 360 turn impressing the noobies especially when he gathered both poles, leaned on the ground and used a hand to do a worm turn before balancing himself back up.

WanWan was buried in snow that filled the hoodie which made the little guy look like a big snowball with big eyes and tiny pointy nose up close. 

But WanWan didn't care. WanWan was soooo happy!

[WanWan: Yeaaaaah~ Again! Again! Do it again! Host! that turn thingy that you just did do it again! 
(๑ ˃̵͈́∀˂̵͈̀ )ノ))]

He was in a good mood and this drove him to do what WanWan wanted doing leaning back on the ground for another turn piling up more snow on his hoodie in the process.

[WanWan: So much fun! so fun! fun! haha! (≧▽≦)]

They reached the ground and the tiny cat was squirming in his hoodie, kicking away the piled up snow. Some of it got inside is clothes so he took WanWan down letting the tiny cat rest on his elbow as he shook his body to remove the cold feeling on his back.

Skiing was Long Jun's way to relax especially on winter days where the sky was gray and gloomy. He felt like he could fly doing whatever he wanted too. Opening his arms wide and feel the tension of the wind. He liked this feeling.

He felt free.

[WanWan: Can we go back up??? Can we do it again? Huh!? Huh!? 
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ?]

Of course. He planned to.

His second time going back up had twice the attention he had before showing off his tricks. They weren't really hard to do but for the others, it was awesome. 

They went to different skiing locations, some high some low. WanWan almost fell off the hoodie a couple of times when they went to a snow ramp and Long Jun literally flew off.

Afternoon was spent and they started to shiver from the cold and headed back to the hotel room.

[WanWan: HOST! I AM SO HAPPY!!! SO SO SO HAPPY!!!o(>ω<)o]

"..."

He still didn't talk to the cat and had an indifferent face on but he couldn't deny his irregular heartbeat from all that excitement.

[WanWan: Let's go again tomorrow! I promise I'll try to keep the snow away through your clothes so let's go~ please~ (',,•ω•,,)♡]

"..."

[WanWan: Hmph~ can you at least make a sound? I really wanna go ba~]

WanWan was maximizing his charms pulling on Long Jun's leg with big watery eyes, begging for some attention. Long Jun grabbed the cat and left the room with it.

[WanWan: Where are we going?]

The ski resort had a special place to take care of pets which was one of the benefits that made the place popular. The pet caretakers would make sure that they ere groomed, fed and away from the cold keeping them healthy. It's pricey but the was worth it.

"Hello. I'm here to register this cat." He wanted to get rid of it temporarily.

"Please fill this out. Write the cat's name, your name and phone number, address. Please read through it carefully and sign your name here." The receptionist was a lady in her late 30s so although she did found him attractive, that was it.

[WanWan: H-h-host. A-are you leaving WanWan here?! WANWAN DOESN'T WANT TO GO!!! ヽ( 'д'*)ノ]

The cat started squirming aggressively out of his hold so he wouldn't be handed to the strange lady. This made Long Jun regret that he didn't buy a pet carrier to contain the little fighter.

"Oh my. Is it okay."

[WanWan: I'm not okay! Not okay! J-Jun's abandoning me here!!! 
・゚・(。>ω<。)・゚・]

Long Jun couldn't hold the pen which left him no choice but to coax it, patting WanWan's back to calm it down.

"I'll come back for you so be good." He sighed since he really didn't want to.

[WanWan: R-r-really? you won't leave WanWan here? You'll come back?]

"I will."

[WanWan: Promise?]

"Mmn."

[WanWan: Say promise! ( 'ε' ) ]

"I promise."

This man to cat conversation made the receptionist smile, giggling by how close these pair were. Lady, you have such a good heart.

WanWan hesitantly left his arms and went to the lady. Finally he was able to fill out the form before waving goodbye.

[WanWan: It's okay! Even if i'm away WanWan can still observe from afar!] A screen appeared infront of the cat like a surveillance camera which showed whatever his host was doing.

[WanWan: Mmn. I might be peeping but it's to keep my host safe! T-this is not illegal! ┐(︶▽︶)┌]

The image was as if an invisible drone was flying above his host but not too far. 

With this, WanWan was finally able to relax.

"Haah. . ." He breathed out a heavy sigh. He bought his coffee and sat on the lounge, looking at the people who were still playing with the snow outside. This only made his hands feel itchy so he decided that after he finish his coffee cup he'll go back for a few more spins.

Long Jun took this time to think. Even now, he doesn't know what to do.

Should he just continue living as Song Jun? or should he take this chance and really do something for himself?

In this life he wasn't some bastard, unwanted child. In this life he wasn't bound with responsibilities, not under pressure and could even do what he wanted. He even has a miraculous cat who said was sent here to make sure he'll live a happy life. . .

The passing time was enough for him to somehow cool off from his suicidal thoughts and was considering for a second chance.

But can he really do it?. . .

Can he. . . live a good life? It was good if it was that easy.

At this moment the TV on the wall switched channels and what he saw took his breath away.

"Brother. . ." it was Yu Jiang.

It was just some uninteresting news of how well the Yu International's business was developing. Long Jun had no interest in such things but rather at how his brother looked like on camera.

An expensive suit, a healthy face and slick hair.

"Im glad. . . he's doing well. . ." he mumbled still focused on his brother's image. However the news was short and it disappeared.

This really made it harder for him to decide his life.

Long Jun threw his coffee drink away and rushed out, lining up to get his equipment and get that free feeling back. The sky was dimming and the line was long and busy that it took him a 30 minute wait to gear up again.

Most people were there to return their stuff since a lot off people didn't feel safe skiing at night despite the strong, big lights that illuminated the entire track.

Night finally arrived and there were less than 10 people on the skiing track including Long Jun. The cold was biting hiss king and his nose was clogged but it didn't matter. He spinned, curved, leaned or ski backwards. Just doing whatever made him feel better.

His head was overrun with thought sneaking their way in from time to time which was unpleasant. Taking his tricks higher than a notch to shake them away.

Where should I go?

Should I go home?

What should I do?

Long Jun was barely looking at where he was going and let his body do the job. Jumping off a snow ramp, did a series of turns and landed safely on the ground.

The landing and the slope charged up too much speed that it was too late to turn and he skid through under a chained fence . There was no danger of falling off but the fence dug into his jacket as it stopped on his stomach. His jacket was thick so it didn't stab him but his leg was was wounded making it hard for him to push himself up from the pain.

Luckily it wasn't deep to the point that it needed to be sewed up but it was long tracing from the side of his knee reaching his upper thigh.

"Mmph!" He groaned, pushing the bent fence up, he repeated this multiple times till it got big enough for him to crawl out.  His back started sweating despite the cold and after one more push he started crawling away from it.

"Haah. . . haah. . ." he was so tired. Lying on the snowy ground letting the cold seep through to cool his heated head. He was far from where the others were so it would take time till someone discovers that he's missing unless the nightly patrol starts their rounds.

Snow started to fall.

This caught long Jun's eye and he raised his hand to catch them. His arms felt strained so he brought it down to he side and just stared as they slowly fall as if in slow motion.

A small bit fell onto his eyelid making him blink so he decided to close his eyes.

"I'll just. . . wait here. . . " he as exhausted and thought it was the best time for a nap.

-

"WanWan! Stay still! What's wrong with you!" The pet caretaker was having a hard time with a tiny cat that kept scratching her as it wanted to leave.

[WanWan: BAD! BAD LADY! I NEED TO LEAVE! JUN IS IN DANGER! ]

He finally let his sharp fangs out and bit that hand which made the lady scream in pain. 

[WanWan: JUN! JUN! JUN!] there was a gap enough for WanWan to escape through. His build was small so he easily crawled out and looked for the entrance. His GPS locator was showing him the way but WanWan was scared. It was dinner time and the lobby were filled with people walking in and out of the indoor restaurant as part of the building itself.

[WanWan: Move! Move! Move! AH!] Someone almost stepped on his paw making him jump. All his eyes was on the exit and with a final long jump, he was able to separate himself from the crowd dashing out using his short legs to somehow walk through the thick snow.

At the side of his eyes, the image of Long Jun with his eyes closed as if he fell unconscious was pinned frightening WanWan. He stubbornly plowed through the thick snow while mewling loudy, crying at his desperate attempt.

[WanWan: JUN! JUN! WHAA- YOU! LET ME GO!!!]

 A certain man was about to go back inside the building when he noticed something fluffy and small squirming like a big caterpillar on the snow.

"What's a cat doing here?" The cat looked really familiar and soon as he thought of it, he remembered how there was a guy with a cat on his hoodie who caught his attention earlier as he was skiing. He didn't think anyone else would owe such a small little thing and bring them in such a dangerous place other than him so he concluded this tiny thing was that guy's cat.

[WanWan: BAD BAD HUMAN! BAD! BAD! LET ME GO!!! ARGH!] the cat tried biting through his hand but he was earing protective gloves so it was futile.

The cat suddenly started mewling, waving it's hands at a certain direction.

"Is something there?" The stranger had a hunch and used an arm to hold the cat, the other holding a pole.

"Take me there." 

It was really such a blessing that WanWan was no ordinary cat and understood the man. He wouldn't make a sound whenever theyre at the wrong direction and would start mewling when they are. With such cooperation, the man finally saw a glimpse of a body half buried in snow shocking him. He quickly put the cat on his hoodie and stood beside the body.

He quickly grab the hand and pulled Long Jun up.

"Hey! you're okay?!"

"Huh. . ." Long Jun wasn't fully unconscious and this force pulled him back awake.

The man noticed his bleeding leg and unhooked his boards. The wound wasn't deep but he had nothing to put pressure on it. He also took Long Jun's boards off and took his arms to hook over his shoulders and his own arm to Long Jun's waist.

"Let's walk slowly back up. Lean on me." 

With small steps they started walking back up. WanWan really wanted to jump on his host since his heart was hurting and he wanted some comfort. But after seeing how Long Jun was limping his way up he behaved and stayed yet took this chance to walk on the hooked arm and move into his Host's hoodie.

Everyone else were inside and soon as they spotted the closest bench, the guy put Long Jun down and checked his wounds. It can be tended by normal first aid so Long Jun told him that he shouldn't bother calling an ambulance. What made it hard to move was the bruises that formed on his legs from the impact. 

"Room number." The man asked.

"131" Better say it straight than argue.

Long Jun handed him his keys and they headed to his room. Soon as he sat, the man rummaged through the bathroom for the first aid kit. WanWan jumped out of the hoodie patiently waiting for the man to come back and treat his host. He cannot heal the wound all of a sudden since the stranger was in the room.

[WanWan: Host! Does it hurt?! I'll heal the wound later so endure! endure it okay! (。•́︿•̀。)]

"I need to take off your pants." He didn't know Long Jun so this coming from a stranger might sound bad.

Long Jun unbuckled his belt and reflexively raised his wounded leg making him groan in pain. The man took his hand off and stripped it off of him, gently pulling it away from the wound. His legs were now for the stranger's eye to see and the pair of black boxers that he was wearing.

"The bruises are bad." They were purple and blue.

The man took off his ski glasses and what WanWan saw was an attractive, friendly looking man with who's around Long Jun's age. The man's brows were tight from worry and only focused on treating his wounds.

Long Jun himself felt uncomfortable and also took his glasses and beanie off his head.

After cleaning it out, the man wrapped the bandages around the leg and finally looked up to meet Long Jun's eyes.

"..."

"..."

Long Jun stared back at him without even a single smile on his face. He just went with the flow so right now he was just intently staring at the man kneeling in front of him with interest.

"Ha. . ." The man was struggling to push the words out of his mouth

"..." Long Jun waited patiently for what he wanted to say.

"Damn you're hot."

"..." ?

[WanWan: Hot? isn't it cold?]

It was only then that the man realized what he just said and lightly coughed but then suddenly sported a wide grin.

"Hey. How about I take care of you tonight?"

"..." Long Jun didn't understand what he wanted.

[WanWan: Oh! What a nice guy! B-but if he's around I won't be able to heal Jun. . .(-ω-) ]

Two humans and one cat. They each had different thoughts.

45