#7 Desperate
1.5k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WanWan was dreaming in his sleep where he met his Grandma Guan.

"Grandma Guan. You can take the bed back." He doesn't want it.

"But you really wanted it before. . ."

"I don't deserve it. I couldn't protect Jun on the trip . . ." His head drooped, sinking down his shoulders as he was upset.

"But it was still a trip."

"..." ('•ω•̥') WanWan was upset at himself.

Guanyin was in a pickle. There as never a time where WanWan would ever refuse her rewards. These damn geezers sending WanWan to do their f*cking job. (ꐦ ಠ皿ಠ )

"WanWan. . ." She sweetly called his name but received no response.

"..."

"I won't give you the reward so can you talk to Grandma about how you feel?" She couldn't stand her dear little boy to act so cold! (❁°͈▵°͈)

"Mmn. . . " WanWan's face was twisted trying to hold back his tongue and deal with his own problems like a man. He knew he could rely on Grandma Guan but since his goal was to become the stronger friend he didn't want to ask for help. . .

"N-not yet!" (≧д≦ヾ) He blurted out.

"Mmn?"

"I-I want to deal with this myself!" he bit on his lips with a determined expression on his face acting as though as he could become.

"..." Guanyin face turned blank, baffled how her sweet once obedient dear boy didn't want her nor confide with her at this moment.

CURSE YOU OLD MAN YAN!!! 
((ヾ(≧皿≦;)ノ_)) THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!

BZZZZT!

[WanWan: !!!]

WanWan was woken up by the constant buzzing of the phone. He flexibly went all fours, stretched every muscle of his body before walking up to it.

[WanWan: Z-Zuo?]

WanWan didn't care who it was as long as this person could help his Host! With a human-like swipe of his paw he answered the video call. Hehe (*•̀ᴗ•́*) naughty WanWan.

"Oh! You answered- wait, it's the cat?" Zuo Yu Wen couldn't hide the surprise on his eyes.

"Meow~" A Cat-Hooman conversation.

"Tiny, where are you? Why am I even asking you this as if you would understand me." he chuckled as he look at the furry round face taking up the screen space with it's whiskers pretty much wiping the surface.

WanWan slapped the phone to Long Jun's direction like a karate master and used his not-so-helpful paws to direct the lens on his Host's sleeping face.

"Smart Cat! Thanks for the treat!" He hurriedly had the idea of taking a screenshot and saved it.

Ah! Finally! I won't need to miss this face!

The camera was wobbly due to the cat's unsteady hold but he finally got that perfect shot where the sunlight tenderly hits Long Jun's face which was a bit flushed from the fever. He stared at those luscious lips and couldn't help but kiss the image of it.

"Ah~ I really want to gobble him up." he confessed his inner desires.

[WanWan: G-gobble? Eat? W-w-why?(・□・;)]

WanWan sometimes wonder why this human's way of talking was really strange.

Zuo Yu Wen's way of speaking wasn't high pitched but rather low, a bit deep yet friendly, matching his enthusiasm. His gestures was that of a level headed man despite his playful character making the people surrounding him feel at ease.

The day passed he still couldn't forget about him so he tried his luck to call back never thinking that with just a try he would be able to see the handsome face again.

"Yu Wen, here's some papers needed to be signe-"

"Leave it. I'll sign it later." he was lazying around his living room without expectations for the day but now that this happened, how can he care about work! This was a one in a million chance!!!

"Lacey! leave me alone! go! go! Away from me." he chuckled, eyes sparkling in anticipation which made her raise an eyebrow in wonder.

"Childish grown man." She clicked her tongue and left.

It was because he was too loud that Long Jun dreamily woke up, eyes clouded and yawned sexily biting his lips afterwards.

SCREENSHOT.

He reached out his hand to grab the bottle of water, lazily shifting his body to lean on the bed and drank it down, a few drops escaped his lips dribbling slowly on his neck.

SCREENSHOT. SCREENSHOT.

One look at his phone and he paused.

"..."

"Good morning." Zuo Yu Wen greeted with a cheery smile, happy to meet the other eye to eye.

BEEP! With a grab at his phone Long Jun ended the call and a few swipes, he blocked him.

"Cat. . ." He mumbled with a tint of anger.

[WanWan: I was just trying to help. . .( '•̥ω•̥' )]

"..."

[WanWan: How's your fever?]

"..."

Long Jun didn't bother to answer and held his forehead. He still had it but endurable, a lot better than yesterday. He knew that showering would make it worse and didn't bother wiping himself, changing into a new set of clothes then limped his way through the bathroom.

The pants rubbing through his wounds would made him flinch but for him who endured worse, it was okay. His mentality in enduring pain was high.

WanWan followed him inside, staring up and stretching his furry neck to watch him shave.

[WanWan: Pretty.] He complimented with a content Meow~

Long Jun picked WanWan up.

[WanWan: E-eh?!]

He took the cat into his arms before putting it down inside the dry bathtub.

[WanWan: Host?]

CREAK. CLICK!

[WanWan: EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeehh?!!!]

He was locked inside the bathroom.

[WanWan: JUN! JUN! JUN!]

The desperately climb yet due to the porcelain surface he kept slipping within each attempts.

"Meeeow! MEOOOOWW~ MEOW!!!"

The cat's frantic mewling could be loudly heard from the other side of the door yet he paid no heed. He packed his things that were scattered on the floor and left the hotel room.

He already called a cab to pick him up and stared at the passing scenery. The unfamiliar roads turned familiar as the hour pass. There was a reason why he chose to visit this ski park that was quite far away from the family home, it was closest to the mental institute where his mother was in.

He was on his way to check up on her. . . if she was even still alive.

No, she was sure to be dead. They told him that she had less than a year to live and now, almost a year had passed.

The cab parked and he slowly went out. He solemnly stared at the institution gates. . . [

should he proceed or not? Before this gates wasn't a patient's son but a stranger.

He wasn't Long Jun but Song Jun.

"Meow!!! Mmn-meow-MEOW!"

His backpack suddenly moved on it's own, surprising him, throwing the bag onto the ground from shock.

The zipper moved on it's own and a fluffy paw popped out manipulating the zipper. The next that came out was a fluffy head and big black-golden eyes stared up at him. The cat was expressing grievance, it's eyes turned into slits issuing a frown.

WanWan rolled and rolled, this action freed himself from the bag. He stared at the bag treating it as his greatest enemy and slapped it away for revenge.

[WanWan: Take this! Take this! Stupid! Stupid! JUN!]

He couldn't bare to hit his host so this innocent bag could only endure.

"You. . . how did you follow me. . ." He was sure that the cat couldn't have sneaked into the bag.

[WanWan: Host you meanie! ( '•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥' ) How could you abandon WanWan. . . WanWan is too precious to be abandoned.]

"..."

[WanWan: Hmph! If WanWan was an ordinary cat then you would've really lost me!]

"How?"

[WanWan: If WanWan is away from the host for a certain amount of time, WanWan will automatically teleport back to the Host's side!]

"..." Basically, he could never get rid of the cat.

[WanWan: I told you, I am an awesome cat! ฅ(^・ω・^ฅ)]

[WanWan: Even if you throw me away sooooo~ many times, this WanWan will come back and haunt you~ ( ̄ω ̄)] This cat is feeling smug.

He sighed at this and ignored the cat. He went inside and did the formalities of registering his visit. He waited at the lounge searching for the nurse but after half an hour of looking, he didn't find her.

Did she run away with the money?

No one else should knew of his private transaction with the nurse so he wanted to talk to her first but since he didn't see her, he went to the reception and asked.

"Hello, I'm here to visit a patient named Long Ru Yu. . ."

"Long Ru Yu? ahh. . . that patient. I'm sorry but she passed away half a year ago."

"So soon?. . . W-what was the reason." Half a year ago would be 4 months after his death. That was shorter than what he was told.

". . . that patient really suffered. Before, she would look forward whenever her son would visit but as weeks passed there was no word from him. Later, the older brother visited and told us that that son died."

"When she learned of it she stopped eating and doing anything altogether and one day, she never woke up. It became quite a scandal and everyone knew of it as one nurse actually had access to the patient's money. She was then fired and no one heard of her since. From the looks of it, the patient was the wife of some big shot-" She gossiped with no end.

"..."

"Ah! I-I- please forget I told you anything! B-by the way, what is your relationship with the patient?"

"..."

"H-hello?"

"..." Long Jun didn't answer and turned, leaving.

"A-ahh! P-please wait!" The receptionist ducked down, rummaging through the things underneath and pulled out a box.

"Umn, could you be a relative of the patient? Uhh... here's a few things that she left behind. I'm about to throw them out since no one came back for them but if you want to, you're free to take them away..."

Long Jun slowly approached and solemnly stared at the box before taking it. He bowed his head for formalities and with slow paces, he walked out.

[WanWan: "..."]

"..."

Inside the ride way back was absolute stillness. WanWan was inside the back unable to stay in the open. No pet carrier on hand.

Long Jun opened the little box and sure, there was barely anything inside it. There was a folded paper inside and Long Jun hoped for it to be a letter addressed to him ... yet it wasn't.

A set of old yet luxurious accessories, a badly broken watch and a worn out photo.

These accessories were probably what she wore the day she was dragged here.

The watch ... the one he left behind for her years ago.

In the photo was his mother, dressed like the once proud woman she was. A marvelous gown and neck adorned with gems. A haughty yet devilishly beautiful lady.

In the end ... she didn't deem him at least as important as herself.

"..."

The rest of the day, Long Jun only said four words.

"Beijing South, The fastest."

-

Arriving to his 'new' home, the servants warmly greeted him inside yet this time, he couldn't keep his usual happy facade to stick back on his face.

He ignored them, blankly taking his time in each step, staring straight in-front of him. The sound of the coffee machine caught his attention and as he went to check where the sound was coming from, a dignified looking man was preparing coffee.

A few buttons on his shirt was open and after taking a whiff, he elegantly took a sip on his hot drink.

[WanWan: ... It's Song Wen brother ...]

Seeing enough, he turned his heel away and headed into his room. He noticed how WanWan followed him. Yearning for privacy, he grabbed the cat and pushed it's fluffy but outside the door, locking him out this time.

[WanWan: Jun. . . (。•́︿•̀。)]

WanWan knew that his Host and was sensible to not bother him this time. The host wasn't far away from him so he couldn't really teleport in anyways.

Long Jun threw his bag onto the side, gazing at the box in his hand then sat on his bed. He was immersing himself into that feeling. . . of losing someone. The sadness he felt, the hurt.

He didn't cry.

Not because he wasn't sad, but because he was too hurt.

His mother ... in the end, was he really nothing to her?

From the nurses words, did she at least miss him? or thought of him as her son in the end?

What wrong did he commit to be neglected and ignored so heartlessly?

He closed the box and kept it under his bed.

He stripped out of his clothes an into silken pajamas intending to spend the entire day sleeping, feeling the emptiness of his hollow heart. Staring into space thinking of nothing.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

"Jun?" Song Wen didn't realize that his little brother arrived. Only after seeing the cat that he heard a lot from his little sister did he knew.

He was currently taking a break from work, driving hours back to the Household home to relax and spend time with his sickly brother.

"Jun... are you sleeping?" No response.

[WanWan: Jun ...]The cat was deeply concerned. . .

Song Wen tried turning the knob but it was locked. The Song Jun he knew rarely locks himself up other than times where he wasn't feeling well. At times like this, it was better to wait for his little brother to come back.

He picked up the kitty, warmly setting it on his arms, rubbing and scratching it's body. The current kitty WanWan couldn't go against his cat instincts, mewling in content even if it wasn't the time to be happy and getting pampered.

"Meow~"

"Kitty, let's give my little brother some space and come back later. I don't think he's feeling well right now." His smile rivaled the sunny Song Feifei, yet no matter who, both expressed the aura of a warm, loving person.

Song Wen decided to spend his time with the kitty, waiting patiently for Song Jun to come out and talk with him.

In his room, Song Jun stared at the ceiling.

He wanted to think, but can't think.

He wanted to cry but can't cry.

He wanted to be angry but found no reason to.

The ceiling somehow felt so calming to look at the moment...

From this day on, Long Jun decided to live on as Song Jun, back to when he was lying to himself and to the people around him, closing his heart hidden deep with fake smiles.

If he doesn't do so ... he might attempt to kill himself again.

So to save himself, he'll throw away the depressive lonely man named Long Jun.

With a bleeding heart, muddled brain and tired heart he slept.

The stress was too heavy that even sleeping was painful.

Overnight, the roots of Song Jun's ink hair turned white.

39