#8 Small World
1.5k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He locked himself up and didn't even know how long he'd been emptily staring at the plain ceiling and knocked out.

But today was a new day ... and a new start.

Long ... Song Jun headed straight to the bathroom for a shower. He faced the bathroom and stopped, noticing something different about the color of his hair. He inched closer to look and frowned yet didn't linger his thoughts any longer. Today, he must go out and dye it black again.

Dressed up, he went to the kitchen swallowing back his low grunts. The wound was still irritating and it seemed to have gotten worse. Out of his mind, he forgot about the wound on his leg mindlessly putting pressure to it. The cloth of his pants was glued into his wound as the platelets did its healing work.

It took time to clean up and a scalding feeling was felt but he managed to act normal as he left the room.

"You're awake? Come eat, I made breakfast. Your favorite!" Song Wen busied himself in the kitchen and personally cooked. This was his idea of cheering his little brother up.

"Thank you Brother." He happily took a seat and smiled at is brother before slowly eating his fill without question.

WanWan who had been following Brother Wen through out the day approached, lovingly snuggling on his Host's leg.

[WanWan: Host ... did you sleep well?('。• ω •。')?]

"Good morning." He greeted the cat.

[WanWan: H-He talked! (°ロ°) ! He spoke to me!!! Jun spoke to me!! yay!!! ah- YAY!!! (((o(>ω<)o))]

[WanWan: ... G-G-Good m-morning!!! (*≧ω≦*)!!!]

The tiny cat was thrilled and mewled happily, not taking his big doll eyes off his dear Host's face in a trance. If it was the Long Jun of yesterday, WanWan would've been ignored but, this time Song Jun leaned down lovingly patting the big fluffy head.

[WanWan: Jun ... (',,•ω•,,)♡]

The cat was beaming hearts from his eyes.

Finished with the plating, Song Wen directed all his attention to his brother and notice something odd.

"What's with the crazy hair..." His brother asked as the change was obvious.

"I just wanted to try it out. I'll dye it entirely into black today." A swift lie that worked well.

"Hmn..." Song Wen didn't forget about the bad feeling he felt yesterday yet he wasn't sure if this  was the right chance ...

His eyes was fixated on Song Jun. Everytime his little brother lifted is spoon his eyes would follow. Even the grain that was on his lip was seen and he thought that it was kind off cute. He hadn't seen his little for a while and looking at him heartily eating was enough to make him feel full.

Aye ... so cute ... so cute ... hehe  Σ>―(〃°u°〃)♡→

[WanWan: Host. He's been looking at you for a while now. Does he have something to tell you? ('• ω •')?]

With one look it was easy to see the genuine grin on his older Brother's face. It was an expression that was quite unfamiliar. Unfamiliar because no one ever looked at him like that without doing anything.

He would often see that expression whenever he did something for the other person, but all he did was ate so he doesn't quite understand why his Brother had a happy expression on his face. Asking about it would come out weird so he continued to eat.

Despite admiring the adorableness of his younger brother it didn't let the worries from last night slip.

"Jun ... Did something bad happened yesterday? ... I heard from Feifei that you went somewhere to have fun ... " 

Song Jun's hand wavered a little at the mention of this. Even though he decided to focus on the body's affairs, his own issues was sudden ... he needed a tiny bit more time to fully separate himself.

Song Wen caught the anomaly and patiently waited for his brother who's eyes was glued onto his tableware.

" ... I won't force you to say it ... but you know that Brother is here for you to talk. I hope that you'll tell me soon okay?" He really really really   wanted to know it right away but he was being careful not to step on a landmine...

Still I wanna know... I wanna know ... I wanna know right now... ahh ....

Song Jun's reliable Big Brother was wordy when it came to family matters. His care reminded him a bit of his past Brother and at that thought, the old image suddenly flashed which simply ruined his appetite further.

The lowered chin and black-white nest hair portrayed a unhappy, troubled adult who's forcing himself to be okay. Song Wen didn't like what he was seeing even though there was a visible smile on his brother's face and grabbed two cans of beer from the fridge to lighten up the mood and drown sorrows.

"I know it's early but, you up for it?" He still felt a bit conflicted of how the youngest of the three siblings was now able to hold his liquor well.

Song Jun was now 24, it's been years since he became a proper adult but in the doting Big Brother's eyes, this little brother was still that dolly precious child that cuddled with him in sleep till high-school. 

Song Jun didn't refuse nor did his smile waver. He sported an amused grin then swiftly opened up his can like an experienced drinker. His movement wasn't stiff.

The extremely observant Song Wen who's especially keen when it comes to his precious brother felt bothered by... this ... this ...

"Jun, you ... if you want to drink, just call Brother and i'll drink with you ..." The 29 year old Song Wen didn't like the picture of his baby Brother hanging out with strangers and drinking through the night ...

What if something happened Σ(°△°|||) ... what if his precious baby brother was to be taken in some strangers house ... what if he was taken advantaged by a strange woman ...

What if ... what if ... ahh ...

Song Wen wasn't drunk but despite so, he looked like a drunkard that had been drinking his sorrows away at daybreak. His elbows were rested on the table and his head was hanging low like a man who had no life.

[WanWan: Hey Human, why do you look so glum? Did you also had a bad day?]

[WanWan: Aye ... although WanWan is here to take care of host, WanWan can also take care of you. hehe ヾ(^ω^*)]

The sharp Song Jun noticed how strange his Brother's words were weirdly said and wryly smiled.

One thing that he also needed to get used to was of how the Song family, despite being a rich tycoon, was close to each other like sticky rice. They were unlike other families who spent their days evilly scheming or compete in ability. 

The Song family was similar more to an ordinary commoner's family which was quite odd. This made it harder for him to separate himself from them as privacy wasn't a 'thing' in the family and they encourage each one to rely on each other.

He had never ... been around such warm people before.

But then all of these ... was because he's 'Song Jun' 

"It's not what you're thinking ... and I am old enough to buy alcohol and drink by myself." 

"Ugh ..." Older Brother Wen wished he could turn back time and see the young innocent version once more. The little brother in front of him lost all baby fat but a full-grown handsome and manly man. 

There was no cheek fat, neither a thin build or cute clothes. It was a total hunk with a toned build, seductive smile who'd attract anyone no matter what gender.

If it wasn't for that dimples, he wouldn't be able to identify this alluring piece of meat as his younger brother. He himself was handsome and was flooded with shameless admirers daily but his charm was different from Song Jun.

All women or men are in danger, unable to resist his seduction.

Yet although his younger brother was now far from the word 'cute' or 'adorable. As long as he ignores that fact, in his eyes, his precious baby will remain under such text.

My Jun ... my precious baby Jun ... (╥_╥)

"..." The transmigrator in question needed to get used to this soon.

The past months, he slowly figured out most of the peculiarity of the Song Family members.

Older Sister: Song Feifei - Older sister who's professional with work. A spirited woman who's cheery and caring. Around Jun, she's sensitive to his feelings and is mindful of what to say or do.

Older Brother: Song Wen- Doting older brother. Pampers Jun to the heavens and is willing to do whatever his little brother asks. Annoying. Hard to deal with. A professional CEO and is known as an indifferent, cold, even rude businessman outside the family. Only around Jun would he act childish for his age due to brotherly infatuation.

Father: Song Wuhan- Allergic to cats, doesn't talk much but expresses his care and love through his actions. Has Face paralysis and rarely smiles. Mother Song has the knack to make him smile. 

Mother: Yi Mei Lan- Caring mother. Gentle and lady like. Can be considered as a perfect mother figure. 

Whichever god planned this, he or she really was earnest when he wanted him to live a happier life.

But being around such happy people...

Song Wen felt his stare and looked up, smiling questioningly at him. Song Jun widened his smile in response.

Being around them ... is overwhelming ...

For they were like sun, blinding.

Too blinding that he kept being reminded of how he didn't belong here. And that he was simply taking someone else's spot.

"After eating, let's  go together."

"Where?"

"To get your hair done. I also think it's time for me to change my current hairstyle, do you have any recommendations for Brother? You liked things like this don't you?"

"Ahh ... that ... " It wasn't me but the real Song Jun...

"If you don't have any, i'll just ask the hairdresser then. It's not often that I get the chance to have time for myself. Spend time with me, it's been a while."

Parlour, Shopping, Arcade, Amusement Park, Restaurant hopping, hehe~ where else~ where else~╰(▔∀▔)╯

"Sure ..."

But then at this point, his thoughts doesn't even matter.

He just needed to be part of the family, becoming a real family is another thing.

He just needed to be the Song Jun that they remember, that's it.

"Let's go to where you want to go, Brother." Song Jun used the easier approach.

"Mmn." Big Brother Song Wen was looking forward to it.

Right  ... It doesn't matter. I'll just pretend till i'm sick of it.

Then it's the end.

-

Song Feifei was dolled up, out of her work clothes and into a fancy yet not too luxurious dress. She had light make up on and was now sitting on a table at a fancy restaurant that was entirely reserve for their exclusive date.

She gazed at the entrance waiting for that someone to arrive and just before she looked away, he finally arrived, his figure bringing out a heartfelt smile on her face.

"I thought you wouldn't be able to come this time. Aren't you tired? How did the meeting go?" Song Feifei, as his secretary knew of his schedule and it was clear to her how much effort he put to be present on their date.

"I said i'll make it, of course I won't miss this. Besides, it was me who asked you and it has also been a while for me to make time for us. I'm sorry." There was only a subtle change on his expression yet this slight change was enough to warm her heart for she knew that he was earnest in his words.

"Jiang, you're here with me now. That's all that matters. If people who knew you were to see the great President Yu apologizing to his secretary, I would be envied by everyone who was pushed away by you." 

Her haughty bragging words came of as cute and the well known stoic President Yu couldn't hide his smile. 

"Let's eat! I especially didn't eat breakfast just so I could eat my fill during lunch with you. If you don't make me eat whatever I want I will resent you!" Song Feifei's funny attempt in threatening her mighty Boss.

Her date grinned widely, even anticipating what resentment would be directed to him if he doesn't listen to her wishes.

Song Feifei and Yu Jiang's could be easily mistaken as a pair of loving lovers. And yes, they were in the past. They dated during their college years and even after they've broken up, the two were still in love with each other.

So why did they broke up if the two was still in love?

Most people might find this reason ridiculous but for the two, it was what they needed.

Yu Jiang, Current Ceo of the Yu International knew that the future ahead of him was challenging. As a tycoon, he was a constant target of people's schemes, scandals, and the weight of the company was a heavy load of responsibilities.

Because of this, he wasn't confident that he could protect the people important to him nor be there for them when they needed him.

He didn't want Song Feifei to wait for someone like him who's struggling to win over other people who wished to bring him down, to be targeted by people who were pretty much after his life and would use any means necessary to drag him away his position. The business world wasn't merciful.

So until he was able to solidify his stand in the business world and was confident enough to have gathered enough strength, he decided not to put his thoughts unto love until then.

But he also underestimated the woman he fell in love to.

He openly shared his thoughts, all the bad things that might have happened and the hardships of the future, he said it all to her.

Yet the woman he fell in love with was really worth his love. 

Song Feifei answered so. "So what? I'm not convinced! I'll stick to you even if you don't want me to and see for myself if I'll still love you despite everything!"

After graduation, soon as he sat on the seat as the CEO, Song Feifei followed after him and filled the position as his Secretary. She was stubborn and didn't gave up easily. Years passed and she was still at his side. The him who was cautious could only helplessly smile at her determination.

Yet the more strength he saw from her fragile build simply made him fall harder.

After years of restraining himself from contacting her outside of work, he invited her to a private dinner.

He asked. "Do you still love me?"

She answered. " I still love you very much."

He warned. "Loving me won't be easy ... right now, I cannot protect you. I'll make you wait ..."

She replied. "I've been waiting for you for a few years. What's the difference in waiting longer?"

This time she asked. " You, still love me all these years don't you?"

He told the truth. "I've loved you ever since I asked you out, and throughout the times I spent with you, I just kept falling harder ..."

At this she happily grinned and suddenly kissed him. "Then that's settled. I'll wait for you! Until then i'll keep it professional and be your exclusive secretary!"

Then she added. "But asking me out for a date sometimes, can we do that? I want some romance even if it's just once a year ..."

Listening to this made him laugh. "You're really something else ..."

She smiled and said with confidence. "If I was like every other girl out there, I wouldn't have made this CEO go crazy for me." 

"If I somehow let you down, you can't blame me."

"As your secretary, it is me who knows your schedule even more than you do so the truth behind your scandals are clearer to me than anyone else. Aren't I smart?"

"Smart ... yes, my Feifei sure is smart."

"I know you were bluntly telling me these things so I wont hold any expectation on you but you know, telling me this shows how much you cares for me and that you considered me as a priority worth more than yourself."

"Jiang, you're such an airhead. You just made strengthened my resolve to not let you go."

Since the first secret date, the two had been looking forward for the next, the next after that and till today, the two are still deep in love.

"Jiang, About the business trip, do you think you can take me with you this time?"

"No. Like always, i'll take Kun with me."

"Stingy. Going to Paris without me ..." She was openly pouting thinking of how she'll miss out on a romantic trip to the country of love together with the man of her dreams.

"If I take you with me ... do you think nothing would happen?" Yu Jiang was warning her. As a man, he wasn't confident in keeping his hand to himself especially with the woman he deeply loves.

"Naughty." They already took that step a long time ago yet he never took advantage of this fact.

"Then I guess after settling small matters in the company i'll spend the week I have left over with my little brother~"

"..." The word 'little brother' sparked something within his conscience and he subconsciously held the broken watch on his wrist.

This tiny action wouldn't mean anything to most people, but to Song Feifei who knew the reason why, she stood up her seat and approached his back for a comforting hug.

"Still feeling responsible? ..."

"..." Yu Jiang gazed the cracked watch solemnly.

He ... still couldn't remove the guilty feeling in his heart and maybe he never will. 

Song Feifei saw his brows knit and how his eyes went dim. The scar that the death of his little brother left him was too deep. Too heavy, it may never heal.

She never met this little brother of his lover and only saw a glimpse of him when the little brother once visited the university to hand over something to Yu Jiang from afar.

Her Yu Jiang had difficulties in expressing himself and this she knew very well, yet one of the happiest times he had other than being with her was whenever he mentioned his little brother. How much of a good kid he was or the things they did together.

The stories wasn't plenty, but whenever there was something to tell, he was delighted to do so.

But now ... that little brother was gone. Gone so soon ...

"Jiang ... one of the things I regret was that I did not meet him sooner ... the little brother that you're so proud of."

"..."

"He probably never knew ... that you loved him dearly ..."

"..."

"But i'm sure he doesn't blame you and that he would hate it to see you this way." Song Feifei leaned in and kissed him tenderly.

"Let's be happy to not worry him, okay?"

"I know- ugh?" Song Feifei suddenly grabbed his cheeks and pinched them red.

"Don't look so glum! Let's continue eating, i'm not satisfied yet. You did bring money with you right?"

At the mention of this, President Yu took out the mighty black card. Seeing this, she grinned and laughed which made him smile.

What they didn't know was that the entire exchange and conversation was overheard by an extra someone. That someone was moved and was jealous to have known such a heart warming loyal lovey dovey couple.

Seeing that the sweet moment ended, he and his secretary rudely walked, dragging a chair to the table which sharply caught their attention. Yu Jiang frowned soon as he saw his face.

"What do you want ..." He heavily annoyed by his presence.

"Cousin. Don't treat me so coldly. I just wanted to meet Sis Fei, it's been a while."

"Little Wen, it's good to see you~"

"Sis Fei~ You're as beautiful as ever~"

His secretary, Lacey, bowed politely in greeting. Her relationship with this group was professional and she wasn't privately acquainted with them so she stayed standing.

Song Feifei and Zuo Yu Wen were friends since college. When Zuo Yu Wen heard that his cold, sexually abstinent older cousin found a girlfriend, it was him who rushed to introduced himself first. She felt as if they shared the same wavelength and became quite close.

She find it kind of cute whenever Zuo Yu Wen would fly around and annoy Yu Jian to death.

"Why are you here ..." Yu Jiang was asking straight to the point so he would disappear.

"Heard that you two were having a lunch date and wanted to crash it? Ah, I also missed Sis Fei so I wanted to see her."

Lacey pulled her glasses up and did the talking. 

"President Zuo was bored after randomly asking around every single person within the company if they knew the person on the photo he secretly took which in my opinion was dumb and had no point as it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Bored, he later heard from Assistant Secretary Kun that you were having a pleasant date nearby and he thought, 'Let's ruin it.' And so, we are here."

"..." the sea crab passes by...

"Well let's not be too uptight.  Seeing me after so long isn't that bad, right?"

"..." The cricket sings...

Zuo Yu Wen ignored the awkward silence and poured himself a cup of wine.

"So Little Wen, who were you looking for."

Song Feifei asking him made him spring into action and swiftly took his phone to brag.

"Sis Fei, let me show you the photo I took. It's a person i've met while I was visiting my Ski-resort. You better look at this well, he's more good looking than the ugly cousin I have."

"If you're here to ruin my mood you better leave." Yu Jiang couldn't tolerate the troublemaker any longer.

He showed her a close up photo of Song Jun's face.

"Handsome isn't he?"

"..." Song Feifei was speechless.

"You showed her the photo now leave."

"Stingy." He stood up from his seat while his secretary first waited for him to move.

"It was good seeing you today Sis Fei, call whenever you have the time. Let me treat you out, it's been a while." he lowered his head in goodbye when his hand was suddenly grabbed.

"Wait! Not to quick! Sorry, I was surprised by the picture that I couldn't talk."

Hearing this, A tiny flame of jealousy went alight within Yu Jiang's heart.

"Too handsome that it took you're breath away?" Zuo Yu Wen teased.

"Yes he is haha. But the thing is, he's my little brother!" The innocent Song Feifei who knew nothing of his sexual preferences didn't know that he just served his little brother upon a silver platter.

"What did you just ..."

Song Feifei grabbed her phone and showed him her family photo that was taken during a BBQ party. Given, the image of a smiling Song Jun sitting on the ground with a frying clamp on his hand was clear to see.

"See? It's my little brother! His name is Song Jun!"

"..." The big cousin who knew the troublemaker well kept his mouth shut after glancing at the expression on Zuo Yu Wen' face.

This ... won't cause Song Feifei to drift away from him because they are cousins right?

Zuo Yu Wen was smiling brightly, his eyes bent into crescents, ridiculously happy to have found him so easily.

Are we probably, destined?

41