#9 Meeting someone
1.6k 12 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Living is such a pain.

From hours long of shopping to the amusement park. To the busiest shopping district AGAIN and now finally resting his already limp legs as they sat on the Cinema seats.

Sharing a bucket of popcorn, they were paying attention to the rapidly switching scenes. Song Wei was incredibly hooked at the drama. Song Jun who never had the luxury to do so in the past also had his eyes on the screen, paying attention to the movie's detail.

The story was about woman who was poor and was also taking care of her ill younger sister.

The older sister struggled a lot. Working multiple jobs, mobbed by her co workers or taken advantage off. She reached a point of giving up once until she met a man who saw her hard work and comforted her.

Numerous times, the frustrations that the younger sister felt as she saw herself as a burden were portrayed deeply. 

He was indifferent up until now until the scene of the protagonist's little sister walking up to the rooftop attempting to jump. The scene ... was like mirror.

The man who noticed something was wrong the entire time rushed up and tried stopping her. His heartfelt words convinced her by the minute but she lost her footing when his sister arrived.

The motion of the fall slowed down and her monologue before impending death started to play. As she was saying her last words, her arm was caught by the man. Opening her eyes and looking up, she saw  his and her sister's worried faces and it made her cry.

"Good thing she's alive. She's too young to die."

"..."

"Losing your life too early like that, she'll miss a lot of things to look forward to in life. That's too bad isn't it?"

"..."

Song Wei glanced at his expression which was dull. What caught his attention though was the look in his eyes. He put his popcorn down and looked back on the screen.

"Before Brother was taken in by mom and dad, I was really unhappy. I never thought that I would be taken in by a loving family and only imagined myself being the outcast if I really was adopted. Actually the day before they were about to pick me up I ran away."

Listening to this, Song Jun turned his head to face him.

"As a brat I couldn't go far. The police found me later on and I expected them to be angry at me but you know what. They weren't. Mom hugged me tight bawling her eyes out while dad hit me in the head for being stupid. He scolded me and said ' Now I really to take you home and discipline you' or something along such lines."

"Everyday I look back and think that if I really successfully ran away and lived of the streets, I probable would've missed the chance of having a family. A ruffian little sister and a younger brother like you."

His eyes was fixed on the screen where a year passed. It was the scene of the little sister waking up after a successful surgery with her older sister's family of three were waiting beside her. The little nephew was sleeping on her sister's arms and her husband had his, around his lovely wife.

Song Wei raised his hand and lovingly ruffled his younger brother's hair.

"That's why I hope you'll live a long healthy life with us around you for a much longer time. The family will always be there for you so don't keep everything upon yourself okay?"

"..."

"Hey, why aren't you saying anything?"

"I'll try."

"Seriously you ..."

"Brother, I have my own privacy too."

"Ugh." Song Wei whipped his head to stare at him like a wounded pup. 

"The movie ended, we're going to get my hair fixed now right?"

"Ack! Wait for me!!!"

Song Jun walked out first since he didn't wanted to stay inside the cramped space. He put a hand over his heart and stood outside, letting the breeze cool his head.

He felt suffocated.

The message that his older brother was telling him was simple. He wasn't alone. He has a family he could count on. He wished him the best and that he should stay positive.

It was good. It was meaningful and heartfelt. But f*ck.

Song Jun was dead.

Thanks for making him feel guilty.

The love and kindness that was being given to him was like a noose tightening around his throat.

A lot of transmigration novels portrayed transmigrators to easily accept the lives of their new body, happy to be in a new family, a new environment. A better life.

But have they ever thought of how the words that they say weren't directed at you but someone else.

"Jun, do you have a usual place to go and get your hair done?"

"Ah, No. Anywhere is fine."

"Then we'll go to the place I usually go."

"That's good."

The salon they went to was high end. As expected.

Song Jun silently followed his lead and a stylish man in slacks, black dress shirt with gray hair approached them. Despite the English name, Michael was leaning more on his Asian features with black hair and eyes, what made hinted that he was a Half was his vaguely foreign face. His body was quite muscular from the look of his shirt and through looks, he was probably older than Song Wei.

"Michael."

"Wei!"  He sprinted his walk and opened his arms for a hug.

"Okay, the first thing I want to know is.- How. Do. You. Want. Your. hair!"

"Ah, up to you. I brought my little brother with me, can you take care of him?"

If his stare lasted for 5 seconds, 1 second of it was spent on his face and 4 seconds on his hair. Michael raised his eyebrow at it.

"Sure! Not everyone can ask for me but you are special." He happily smiled at Song Wei.

Michael ushered a fellow hairdresser and assertively pulled Song Jun leading him into a seat isolated from the rest. He brushed the hair with his hands taking a closer look and his eyebrow seemed to arc a millimeter higher.

"What do you want?"

"Dye it black."

"Die it black you say, why not silver? Embrace the platinum blonde color. With your roots white like these, why not show them off in style?"

"Black."

"Boring."

Michael wrapped him in covers and pulled the trolley closer to him.

"So, what's your story?"

"?"

"I'm not dumb, your roots are white for a reason. Heard it from one of my customers. Does Wei know?"

Song Jun brought a finger on his lips gesturing him to keep it a secret.

 "Song Wei is such a role model Big Brother that no one will ever have so why the hell don't you just straight out and say it? Little Jun, don't make Wei agonize about your problems for too long. He asked me to take care of you for a reason."

"So you're here to rant me out?"

"Advice. Handsome, he asked me to give you some advice since I am known to be a good friend and mental councilor. Don't worry, I won't mention your crazy hair but DAMN can I just dye it BLONDE? I'm a sucker for blondes~"

"Black."

"You are so uncute unlike your brother. Wei always kept telling me how cute and kind you are but ever since you sat on my exclusive chair you never smiled once."

"..." Since he was away from is brother, Song Jun forgot to keep up the smile on his face. 

"Wei always tell me stories about how his younger brother always smile, has a lot of energy in his system. Warm to be around with and had tons of dreams in the future. But the younger brother I have on my seat comes off a bit cold, indifferent and is lacking sunshine."

Moments like this, not knowing the original body's memories sucks.

"So, how did brother describe me as?"

"Why are you asking me that like you don't know who you are or something. It's not like you lost your memory from the accident or something. Wei was weeping through the call when that happened you know. Since that day he was out of the country."

"I was just curious."

Michael was working his way through the foils when his hands stopped and grabbed Song Jun by the chin pulling his head up to face in.

"Handsome, this is just a hunch but it's not like you really did lose your memory or something is it?"

Long Jun stared back not losing eye contact and smiled.

"You're overthinking. haha."

"Now that smile isn't cute but f*cking sexy."

Michael's gut feeling was tingling but he reluctantly pushed it aside, moving the head back front and his hands to work.

"Most hairdressers are chatty and I belong to that category, added to the fact that I like your brother and am curious about you that he's been bragging about. But wtf, all I see is a grown man oozing with sexiness that's making all my workers turn their faces here. YOU LOT! FOCUS ON YOUR DAMN WORK OR I'LL FIRE YOU!"

Song Jun couldn't turn his head to look but the shuffle of flustered footsteps was heard.

"You're not a cute boy that he'd been describing but the BOMB. THE WHOLE TNT." 

"..." maybe it's because he's foreign but his way of speaking was unnatural.

I should go to a different place next time.

"If you're thinking of working with another hairdresser i'll tell your brother about your old man hair."

"..."

"Your eyes told me through the mirror."

The foiling was a long process and half an hour passed yet Michael was still half way.

"Got a girlfriend?"

"No."

"Still a virgin?"

"..."

"So you virgin or not?"

"Yes." This hairdresser is really ...

"Boyfriend?"

"I'm straight."

"What do you think of me being being your future brother-in-law."

"What ..." Even Song Jun who tried to act unfazed couldn't stand how awfully random and assertive this person was.

"I like your brother. My name is Michael Truth. Nice to meet you."

"..." 

"Is my brother gay?"

"No. I've been planning to turn him bent. If you're fine with it, i'll push him down."

"..." The conversation just kept getting weirder.

Michael was finished with the foiling and told him to stand up. Song Jun's hand was then grabbed pulling him to the other side where the heat lamps are. The heat lamps were right beside the tiny lounge and Song Wei with a fresh hair cut was elegantly sitting while reading through a magazine.

"Almost done?"

."Not yet!" Michael's tone of voice was clearly loud in excitement after seeing Song Wei.

Song Jun sat under the heat lamp while Michael sat beside Song Wei. Michael was definitely ... the assertive type. 

Then shouldn't he have long noticed his advances?

"Did you two get along?" Song Wei asked.

"Wei, you said your brother was cute. You need to get your eyes checked."

"In my eyes, my brother is still cute."

"Hey! won't people find you disgusting? fawning over your little brother like he's some 16 year old."

"Why does that matter? Do you mind?"

"I don't but-"

"Then that's fine."

"..." This exchange made Song Jun think twice if there really was nothing going on between the two. 

Song Jun didn't sit for long as it was bad for the hair to let the hair under too much heat. For the past 10 minutes, Michael's mouth was spitting out words non stop chatting with Song Wei while he watched them, replying back when needed.

Song Jun was never around gay people before and watching the two caught up in their Bromance piqued his interest.

"Stay lying down, I just need to grab something."

Michael left the salon and went into the back where the employees room was. He didn't mention to Song Jun but he was the owner of the salon and has his own private room. Inside he opened his back and search through his private phone scrolling through his messages.

Meow~

[WanWan: Brother An! Hello! ฅ(^・ω・^ฅ)]

"Baby Wan!" Michael hurriedly approached the kitty and raised it high. He nuzzled on the kitty's stomach sinking into the furry cuteness. 

So! Damn! Cute!

"Aww~ why did you come visit me? No, Is it me or is it your Host?"

[WanWan: I came by to ask how he's doing. hehe~ (^• ω •^)]

Michael frowned when WanWan mentioned him. His ability in judging people was good and was worried if WanWan could really handle a host like him. The pure furry creature felt too fragile to battle against a lone, dark wolf. Can this tiny thing really survive?

"He's not fine. I don't think he's really enjoying his second chance in life like I do." He transmigrated like Song Jun but arrived when the original was just 7 years old.

[WanWan: So he really was upset ... (⁎˃ᆺ˂)]

[WanWan: You see, we went to check up on his real mom and his real mom passed away! I-I didn't know how to make him feel better and this morning he smiled at me- ... ah, not that I didn't want to see him smile b-but because it felt like he was forcing it-!]

"You don't need to explain. Brother An understands." He lovingly patted his head to comfort the cat.

[WanWan: I really wasn't any help ...]

Michael poked WanWan's forehead and the cat rolled back from the sudden force. He laughed at the sight of it and pinched the tiny ear for fun.

"Just give him time. He'll get better, I assure you. Nothing that you do right now will help him. Believe me, losing someone and moving on takes time."

WanWan vaguely understood that feeling and felt depressed. He understands what his Brother An was telling him but feeling all helpless, he really just couldn't help but felt useless...

"WanWan-"

[WanWan: STOP! I know! WanWan knows! I need to be patient! I shouldn't be too down! Being sad won't be good for the host so WanWan shouldn't act like this! Mmn. I promised to be tough so I should act like it! Thanks Brother An.]

"You ... are really good at overcoming feelings."

[WanWan: Grandpa Yan said that it's my specialty! Oh yeah, where's Sister Yin? Is she here? (^・ω・^=)~?]

"YinYin went back up. Unlike your host with me, my system has nothing to worry anymore. YinYin has more free time now. She's just like a mom though, saying she didn't want to leave me yet."

[WanWan: Would I meet her if I wait? ヾ(=^ω^=)ノ"?]

"I don't know but do what you want since your Host is here anyway. I don't know why you like YinYin so much. Unlike you she's a grumpy Persian cat."

[WanWan: Sister YinYin is so cool! (^˵◕ω◕˵^)*]

"Fine. fine. Okay i'll leave you here I got to go."

[WanWan: I-I'll come visit again!]

The door closed with a sound and he went back out to tend on the hair. Song Jun's eyes were closed and could be mistaken as him falling asleep. Michael pinched his ear which opened them.

"I'll wash it down with cold water and blow dry your hair then you're done."

"Thank you."

After washing, Michael decided to cut parts of the hair afterall to make it look less plain. After trimming and thinning his hair, his sex appeal increased by a lot and Song Wei's face darkened since his little brother looked less and less cute. The slightly long hair for a man was reduced to such an amount. What was Michael thinking?

"Wei, you're eyes are telling me you don't like it yet his hair is actually still a little longer than yours so swallow you words." This doting brother side of him was really annoying.

Taking off the plastic cover and brushing the fallen hair off his clothes, Michael could only nod, satisfied with his work.

"Looking good~ Handsome brother, if people ask who did your hair, introduce me to them. Without me, you wouldn't look this good!"  

"You're overpraising yourself! My little brother had always looked this good!"

"hurhurhur."

Michael now has two phones in his pocket and decided to take out his private one. he unlocked the phone and handed it to Song Jun telling him t write down his number. After receiving it, he called the number on the spot to make sure it wasn't fake.

1 messsage. Unknown

[Come visit me every month if you want to keep the roots dark, don't dare go somewhere else. About me being your brother-i-law, think about it! Was nice meeting you! ( ° ∀ ° )ノ゙ ]

"What are you two sneakily sending to each other ..."

"Brother I have my own privacy."

"..." Song Wei was pushed away again.

Song Jun can tolerate a lot of things but he never was around too enthusiastic people and being around the two was quite uncomfortable.

"Ah, Wei. Just a bit." He gestured Song Wei to come over to talk and after seeing this, Song Jun decided to walk outside the salon and wait.

It was already night and the street lights glittered like stars on earth. The streets were noisy as the people journeyed back home.

He did a lot of things in one day more than he ever did and he  was exhausted. He wanted to go straight to bed and just sleep.

Song Jun looked down to stare at his feet, his thoughts filled with what he did for the day.

Song Wei and this Michael were good people. That was his conclusion. If you search well, there's actually a lot of them and this he knew. 

Song Wei did his best to try and cheer him up while there's this talkative guy that he just met today bothering him non stop. Yet again, he was reminded of how this life was a second chance.

"I told myself to live as Song Jun ... so why am I still feeling conflicted like this ..."

He really was at lost.

Time likes this really makes me want to get drunk.

He heavily sighed at the thought and filled his mind with other things. His thinking felt like a puzzle with a missing puzzle piece. It went through Song Jun's identity, the Song family, Michael. All the information he gathered up till now were swirling over and over inside his head.

He was lost.

His eyes were lifeless, dark and dull. The ground felt like a black hole sucking him in standing still with his head hung low. The people around him seemed to have disappeared and he couldn't hear anything. Everything around him started to fade.

Song Jun felt comfortable as he sunk deeper.

His eyes still hadn't left his shoes when a finger suddenly pulled his chin up. The face was a blur to him when he felt something warm on his lips.

?

The warmth of the touch felt better than the stillness of his surroundings and he responded back just before they could part.

At this moment, the time that seemed to had stopped started to play back and regained it's natural color. The hole under his feet disappeared and he noticed the surrounding footsteps passing by. His blurred sight regained it's clarity and so did he notice the figure in front of him.

Dyed platinum blond locks, dark eyes, a condescending smirk on a familiar face.

"... You liked it?" the slightly deep cheerful timbre rang out which focused his attention.

"You?" Song Jun voiced out in a trance.

"Remember me? It hasn't been a while." The smirk on his face didn't fade and seemed to have rather widened.

"Hey you, just kissed me back didn't you?" 

37