Chapter 06: No Mercy
287 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When three Goblins charge at us, we welcome them.

We let our human body crumble into thousands of little ones and we swallow the Goblins into our swarm.

In the next second, none of the Goblins is alive. All of them have hundreds of bites in their bodies.

Seeing what just happened, the others Goblins stop, surprised.

It didn’t matter. It was over for them already.

For the nearest ones, we end their life by sheer force of numbers. Goblins were naturally a little more resistance to our venom, but few creatures could survive so many consecutive bites.

At the same time, by the dozens, we target the holes in the bodies of the farthest ones.

We fly straight into their mouths and scratch at the inside of their throats. We crawl inside their nostrils and feel the taste of their brains. We munch their eyeballs. We chew their flesh. We eat them, vigorously, from the inside out.

The Goblins go mad.

They tear their own flesh, stab at their own face. Their screams call the attention of more Goblins, which come to join the slaughter.

The more the merrier.

When a few try to approach from above, my saber cuts them.

The interesting part about our bodies is that when we connect to each other, we become way stronger than when we are separated. A few hundreds of us together are enough to hold the saber and swing it around.

Currently, we fly around forming just our forearm, cutting everyone in our path.

The Goblins try to deflect it, but how can you avoid being cut by a sword flying at you?

You can’t.

We form an one armed and less bulky version of ourselves in the middle of some Goblins, grab the head of one and smash it on the ground. The others attack us, but we separate our bodies and their blades cut only air. So we grab the next Goblin, and we crack its skull too. Then we go for the next.

We break, we cut, we tear, and we bite. We kill dozens per second.

Since the beginning of the fight, we have been killing the farthest Goblins, the one which we were sure no one could notice. Meanwhile, we have been also retreating most of our bodies to us, focusing our strength into a single point. Just waiting for the opportunity to unleash a coordinated attack, all of us at the same time.

Now that we have done it, more than one hundred Goblins were killed in just a question of moments.

The Shinning Siblings still maintain their ring formation around Anna, but now Daniel is also up, fighting. He had come to her fast enough to hear her wounds, even such fatal ones.

Totally power freak.

Even while killing the Goblins, we still watched the others fighting. When it was possible, we bite the Goblins discreetly at crucial moments, to give the others an advantage.

But ever since Anna fell, their blades started hitting the target even more often, and ferocity accompanied their every movement.

They have always been like that. All of them fight better, when they are fighting in order to protect something.

The Goblins still attack, but now most die without spilling blood.

Rosa cuts in half an arrow that was thrown at them. In her next movement she does the same with a Goblin at her left.

At her right, Lucas avoids an attack by stabbing a creature pocket eye and swinging it into the direction of two others trying to get at him from the trees.

They crash with the dead body and fall. With a swing of his blade Diego makes sure none of them survive.

One Goblin tries to use this as a distraction and jumps at him from behind. But Daniel hits its skull with such strength that even with all the screams we can hear it cracking.

We make our fake human body again and go back to the others, cutting Goblins on our way. Rosa sees us approaching and jumps at our direction, clearing the path. The others adjust the formation to include us and Diego gives a quick nod with his head, to show that he’s glad we’re still alive.

We know that if it wasn’t for Anna, they would have been gone after us a long time ago.

The only reason that we were able to attack the way we did, is because we knew they would be too worried to leave Anna unguarded.

Now together, we kill the leftovers.

When there is only a few dozen left, the rest of the Goblins flee.

An entire army, reduced to only a few survivors.

Even after all of them are gone, everyone kept their position. All ready to kill anything that dared to come back.

But nothing did.

 “- Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!” Shouts Lucas, with an angry expression.

“-They were hunting us, weren’t them?” Says Rosa, not really asking.

Diego ignores them for now and goes straight to Anna, kneeling besides her.

“-Hey, how are you feeling?” He says with a warm smile.

“-Could be better” Anna answers, while trying to get up.  Diego stops her.

“-Don’t be a fool, now. There’s no immediate danger. You almost died.”

“-Almost being the key word here.” Anna says, but she stays on her place. “-With Daniel’s healing, I feel fine, really. No need to keep worrying about me.”

Then, looking at everyone, she says “-Thanks. You guys really saved me back there.”

Diego nods and turns back to the others.

“-It’s safe to assume that those Goblins were indeed hunting us, somehow. Which is a very weird behavior for them.

“-Coming so close to Termorius. And so determined to kill. Indeed, a very weird behavior.” Daniel complements.

“-Could it be connected? The Goblins and the Orcs, somehow?” Rosa asks.

Could they? We are still spread around the forest, watching everywhere. But now we decide to watch closer, to investigate more carefully.  And soon enough, we see it. One of the Goblins, one that was missing an arm and had its skull opened, carried a small rock tied around its wrists.

A rock of the same kind of the one that Diego was showing to us earlier.

“-It could be, but I don’t see how. Honestly, I can’t understand it.” Diego says with a bitter expression.

We think about it for a moment, but we don’t find any disadvantage in sharing this information. It was even possible that Diego would make us look around for it either way.

“-I found something” we say, then we lead them to the body.

13