Chapter 33: Training gets easier!
1.2k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the next week Naru tried desperately to follow Delta in all sorts of manner. She was getting better at navigating crowds but Delta would always foil attempts to follow her through sabotage.

Sometimes it would be asking someone to stop Naru for her or other times it was intentionally making it difficult for Naru to follow her by slicking the ground with oil.

Where Delta had hidden oil on her was anybody’s guess.

While Naru was getting closer she was still frustratingly far away from ever catching Delta. Each day ended in much the same way, Naru caked in dirt and sweat while Delta would come out of crowds in perfect form without a single mark on her dress.

It had gotten to the point where Naru debated using magic to restrain Delta but she was sure it would be in violation of the spirit of the task she had been given.

Delta seemed to enjoy herself smirking each time Naru would lose her. She looked like she took great pleasure in making Naru suffer. Naru too many times wished to punch the smug and conceited face of Delta , but that was only she could catch the damn woman in the first place!

At the end of one day Delta gave a slight nod at Naru

“We will begin again tomorrow” She said before walking off and disappearing into a crowd.

Naru who had given up on chasing Delta had collapsed near a fountain. She used the fountain to rinse her face and clear it of the sweat of the day. While she was doing that she heard a voice behind her.

“Hello Ms. Naru”

Naru turned around to see two familiar faces.

It was Georgine and the man who had accompanied her earlier.

Surprised, Naru stood up and curtsied at the two.

“Hello,” She said as politely as she could. Naru felt a bit of embarrassment after being seen in such a dirty state.

“Hmm, are you alright? Ms. Naru you are covered in dirt. Did something happen?” The man said looking slightly concerned at Naru appearance.

Naru waved him off

“it’s nothing, I have no one to blame but myself.” She said trying to push away the issue.

“Oh… I see” The man said his gaze betraying a slight amount of concern.

“So do you need anything?” Naru asked the two.

“No, the young lady just spotted you and wanted to say hi.”

Georgine was looking away from Naru and her face was slightly red. It was strong contrast from the bratty girl she had taken care of the month prior.

The way Georgine looked was like a normal shy child.

“Hello Georgine, I appreciate the greeting” Naru said politely to the girl.

Georgine looked away much, avoiding Naru’s gaze much to her dismay

“Ah don’t worry about her she’s just being a little shy right now, ever since you took care of her all she’s done is talk about how she wants you to accompany her again.”

Georgine’s face turned beet red as she panicked and looked towards the man.

“Yasser! I told you not to talk about that!” She then looked towards Naru

[So his name is “Yasser”] Naru thought, last time she had saw the man he didn’t introduce himself and only handed Georgine off to Naru. He seemed like a nice enough guy and Naru wanted to be on his good side, so she committed the name to memory.

“I didn’t enjoy my time with you or anything. Don’t get the wrong idea commoner!” Georgine said before upturning her head at Naru and looking away.

Naru stifled a chuckle at the scene.

Yasser looked at Georgine with an exasperated expression.

“My, this girl is such a handful. Well, we must return to the manor, I’m sure the young lady would like to meet with you again so we will send another messenger to Hakuya.”

Yasser started to pull Georgine away before she panicked again. Georgine pulled away from him and turned towards Naru.

“t-thank you for saving me” She said, her face blushing.

Naru gave a light smile.

“Of course”

Georgine gave a short bow and then ran away toward Yasser huddling by his side.

Naru watched the two of them walk away and she waved at them as they left. Her opinion of Georgine had increased drastically after the short meeting and although she was physically young her mind was still old enough to know that Georgine was not a bad girl.

Although she was a little snooty, she was still a good girl on the inside. Naru smirked slightly and she wondered when the next time she was going to be chaperoning her again would be.

So uhhh I got busy again right as I said I was coming out of hiatus. I graduated college, and I also went on a vacation with the Family. 

I've been looking forward to updating more and it actually stresses me out that I don't post. My fingers get itchy to write.

Some other things. 

I have an author twitter now. Yes, this is a face reveal I guess, so go wild. I will probably post updates on the webnovels/real projects and other things going forward into the future. Want to practice having more of a social media presence so hopefully this works out.

Also made a youtube channel for some voice practice/silly meme stuff so enjoy that as well. 

Been trying to get more creative with myself so hopefully these can be as successful as my books.

40