Chapter 17: No way, that’s…
2.1k 17 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luluka ran at full speed. Her heart was beating faster by the second.

 

“M’lad—“ Some servants working in the mansion were surprised to see their mistress in such a hurry and tried to call out to her.

 

Though, Luluka just ignored them and kept running. She had no time to waste as the longer it took to reach Ruby, the higher the chances that Ruby would be in an even more serious danger.

 

Luluka gritted her teeth and clenched her fists tightly.

 

Last time, Ruby also put everything she had on the line and rushed to save her. This time, it was Luluka’s turn to do the same.

 

‘Wait for me, Ruby. I’m coming for you!’ 

 

A light of determination appeared in her eyes as she sped up her pace even more!

 

She needed to get there fast. No mistake was allowed this time. If Ruby were to die again this time, then she would die for real.

 

Just the thought of it pained Luluka’s heart already.

 

“Lady Luluk-“ The guards at the mansion’s gate were surprised to see the running Luluka. 

 

“Lady Luluka, please wait!” They tried to run after her and stop her, but they soon found out that they couldn’t match her speed.

 

Sure enough, this left them all in surprise. How could their sickly mistress be this fast!?

 

Though, they abandoned that question in their mind for now as they now had a more serious problem at hand. 

 

Not long ago, Lord Arthur had strictly ordered them not to let lady Luluka leave this mansion. But after seeing lady Luluka just slipped right through them easily, they began to panic.

 

“W-What should we do, sir?” One of the guards asked his superior.

 

“Report this to lord Arthur right now! Or we’ll be in serious trouble!” His superior shouted out his order impatiently.

 

“Y-Yes, sir!” The guard did a quick salute and ran back into the mansion, heading toward lord Arthur’s study.

 

Seeing this, the superior didn’t just stand there being idle, either. He quickly turned toward the other guards and shouted out, “Jack, Kole, you two come with me! The rest of you stay here!”

 

All the guards did a salute, saying, “Yes, sir.” In unison.

 

The superior then broke out into a sprint, running after lady Luluka. The two guards, Jack and Kole, did as ordered and followed after their superior.

 

———

 

Luluka finally reached the city’s street bustling with people. 

 

The last time she’d been here, she was incognito and had covered herself with a cloak. But this time, she was in a hurry and didn’t have time for any of that.

 

Her face was now on full display to the public eyes to see. And unlike last time, she was now dressed in an expensive black dress suited for nobility, coupled with her beautiful appearance, she looked like a goddess incarnation.

 

Sure enough, her beauty caught a lot of attention from the passerby, but when they saw her dress, they instantly realized that she was a noble and didn’t dare to bother her.

 

The crowd started to make way for Luluka to run easier. Though, there were still some fools among them.

 

“Hey, bitch! How dare you push me like that!” A big muscular man yelled out at Luluka in anger after being pushed to the side by her. “Do you wanna die!!”

 

He ran after Luluka but soon realized that he couldn’t outmatched her speed!

 

‘How the fuck could that little bitch be so fast!?’ The man started to lose sight of Luluka not long after until he gave up his pursuit.

 

As the time passed, Luluka started to calm down a little. She was now able to think more clearly. 

 

This seemed to be her weakness. Whenever something bad happened or someone tried to threaten the life of her loved one, she just couldn't help but be in a panic.

 

She realized this mistake. If this keeped up, it could potentially be dangerous in the future. 

 

She needed to learn how to control herself and her emotions better. Panicking would only make things worse.

 

Luluka made a vow in her heart that she would fix this weakness of hers, but right now, she needed to hurry up and save her precious Ruby.

 

Although she started to calm down, deep down in her heart, there was still a little fear residing there. 

 

She didn’t know what kind of state Ruby was in right now. The vampire master-servant pact’s locator function was only able to tell the distance between her and Ruby and how she could get there.

 

Other than that, she had no clues. What kind of environment or which building Ruby was in right now, she had no idea.

 

Luluka clenched her fist tighter to suppress her fear, but then she suddenly realized something!

 

‘Yes! How could I forget about that?’

 

A light of hope appeared in her eyes as she started to activate another function of the vampire master-servant pact—telepathy.

 

Hey, Ruby! You there? Can you hear me?—Ruby? Ruby. Ruby!’ 

 

Luluka reached out to Ruby via telepathy but she didn’t get any response. The light of hopes in her eyes quickly faded as a sense of fear crept into her heart again.

 

‘Why didn’t she respond? Is she unconscious or something?’ Luluka tried to think of something positive.

 

She didn’t want to think of the worst right now, but at least she knew that Ruby was still alive, the connection with her soul and Ruby’s was still intact.

 

Luluka once again realized that the longer she took, the more serious danger Ruby could potentially be in. She didn’t wait any longer and began activating her skill—

 

[Blood Sacrifice]!

 

A violence black aura began to form around Luluka’s body. A shockwave blasted out as she kicked the ground and lashed forward. The passerby near her got thrown onto the ground by the wind blast, leaving them confused.

 

Luluka’s body began to blur and disappear as she became one with the wind. She rushed forward like a mad windstorm, ignoring everything around her.

 

Not long after, she finally arrived at another street. There were more people in this street. And all of them were looking at something—

 

‘Wait, what is going on here?’

 

There seemed to be a huge commotion up ahead. People on the street were forming a circle around something.

 

All of them had the same look on their faces, the look of fear, curiosity, admiration, contempt, and disgust.

 

Seeing this, A bad premonition started to creep into Luluka’s heart. She tried to suppress it but the smell of blood up ahead only served to intensify her fear.

 

‘No, please, no…’

 

She didn’t wait and rushed into the center of the crowd. 

 

A violent gust of wind threw part of the crowd onto the ground. This seemed to create another commotion, but Luluka couldn’t care less about that.

 

She finally arrived at the center of the circle. There seemed to be three figures inside. One was a man in a heavy-white-armor, while the other one was a woman dressed in a purple robe with a tome and a cane in each of her hands.

 

‘A templar knight and a magician.’ Luluka drew a conclusion.

 

She then turned to look at the last figure and her eyes widened in surprise! A sense of fear intensified to its limit like it never did before.

 

‘No way, that’s…’

71