Chapter 18: Your life ends here
2.4k 30 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let’s rewind the time a little bit. In the back alley, two figures could be seen talking to each other warmly.

 

One figure was a woman, Ruby, and the other one was a boy, Aang. 

 

Ruby had a gentle smile on her face while talking to Aang. Occasionally, she would pat his head and ruffle his hair, seemingly trying to bring him comfort. 

 

Aang had an appreciative look on his face. With watery eyes, he smiled at Ruby gently.

 

Not long after, they decided to walk out. Aang took the lead and walked with a cheery step, contrary to the gloomy mood he’d had before.

 

Aang asked Ruby a question but didn’t get any response. He asked again while looking back behind him.

 

Ruby began acting weird. Her body stiffened and her eyes went wide. Aang found it weird and a little scary.

 

With hesitation in his voice, he called out to Ruby again. But this time, Ruby leaned her body forward with her eyes narrowed into a slit. Her pupils turned blood red and veins started bulging all over her body!

 

Shaken by the sight, Aang tried to call out for one last time, “B-Big sister Rub-”

 

Before he could finish his sentence, Ruby latched at him like a mad bull! 

 

Aang screamed out in fear as he swiftly dodge to the side just in time! 

 

But, due to the suddenness and lack of practice, he tripped his ankle and fell down onto the ground with a thud. He quickly readjusted himself and tried to stand up again.

 

Though, the pain in his ankle spread throughout his body. It was so painful that it made him fall down again.

 

He couldn’t get up.

 

So, the only thing he could do was to crawl away. He crawled with his hands and tried to get away from Ruby as fast as he could.

 

No, could that thing still be called Ruby? 

 

Aang started to wonder, but he didn’t have that much time to think things through. 

 

The only thought in his head was to get out of here, and quick!

 

Aang kept crawling and crawling and crawling, but the monster behind him didn’t have any sign of coming after him.

 

Aang found it weird and reassuring at the same time. He had already readied himself to be eaten by that monster.

 

Back in the day when his parents were still alive, they would always tell Aang the bedtime stories about a monster who ate humans. 

 

Back then, Aang found it entertaining and thrilling and nothing else. He didn’t think much into it, as just like any other myths and legends, he knew that it wasn’t real.

 

Aang was such a kid. He always had a rational way of thinking like that of an adult. His parents seemed to be proud of him for being such a smart kid.

 

But right now, Aang was regretting not being like the other kids. If he was then, would this situation have played out differently?

 

If he was just like the other kids, then he would surely keep running and never turned to look back. Because when he did—

 

“Aahhhhhhh!!!!!!” Aang cried his lungs out as a sudden pain came from his neck.

 

The monster had lashed at him the moment he turned back to look and was now biting down at his neck!

 

The gulping sound rang out constantly as the monster kept sucking blood out of his body. Aang struggled to break free from the monster’s grasp, but he couldn’t.

 

A horrifying memory flashed across Aang’s mind as he remembered getting restrained like this before. It was not long ago when the big man just restrained him and pushed him to the ground like this, but—that guy's strength and this monster’s were like the difference between heaven and hell.

 

The monster was too strong, and now that he got caught, there was no chance of him getting out of here alive!

 

Aang could only squirm in his place while screaming his lungs out, hoping that someone would hear his cry and come to save him.

 

The monster couldn’t care less about the struggling boy as it kept sucking and sucking like a ravenous beast.

 

Aang felt his strength slowly leave his body as the time passed by. Not long after, his struggle weakened and finally came to a stop. So was his scream. 

 

His eyelids shut down and his body went limp. His hands dropped onto the ground…

 

He—was dead.

 

Despite all this, the monster continued to suck the blood out of the boy’s lifeless body as if it was the only thing in the world it could do.

 

“W-What the fuck!?” A voice rang out from up ahead.

 

The monster heard this and abruptly stopped sucking. It slowly took its mouth away from the boy’s neck. 

 

The strings of blood formed between its fangs and the bite mark. The monster slowly lifted its face up and looked at the direction the sounds came from.

 

A man was standing there with a horrified expression on his face. 

 

No, not just a man, but one after another people started appearing in the back alley. All of them had the same expression on their faces—

 

Horrified.

 

All of them were horrified by the sight before them!

 

They were the people on the street. They were just walking and minding their own business, until they heard a scream and came to look at what’s going on in this back alley.

 

But the moment they’d arrived here, they started to regret their decisions—

 

The monster looked at the crowd of people who kept coming in. An indescribable sense of excitement suddenly appeared in its heart. 

 

An excitement began to intensify as the seconds passed by. It didn't quite understand this feeling. It’s like a mountain of its favorite foods just miraculously appeared.

 

That’s right, in its eyes, these people weren’t human. 

 

In its eyes—these people—were its food.

 

A creepy smile appeared on the monster’s face as it bared its fangs. 

 

This sight sent shivers down the people’s spines. At this moment, all of them had the same thought in their minds—

 

They needed to get out of here!

 

“Run! Run! Run!” The man at the forefront of the crowd shouted out as he turned around. “Hurry up and get the fuck out of he-“

 

Before the man could finish his sentence, the monster latched at him and bit down his neck from behind! The man screamed in agony as he struggled to break free.

 

Despair descended upon the crowd’s heart upon witnessing this scene…

 

The horrifying sight served as a signal. As if agreeing beforehand, the people began to flee for their life, accompanied by the screams of women and the frantic cries of men!

 

Everything became chaotic fast as the moment of life and death revealed who the humans really were.

 

“Akk!” A woman fell onto the ground as a man behind her pushed her and ran forward. “Y-You fucking assho-“ 

 

The woman couldn’t finish her sentence as her voice suddenly turned into a scream! An agonizing cry turned into a gurgle as the monster kept biting her neck and savoring her blood!

 

With one hand extending forward as if trying to grasp something, the woman cursed that man in her heart before the strength left her. Her hand went limp and fell onto the ground.

 

The dark side of human nature seemed to manifest all at once in this place when their own life was on the line. 

 

They betrayed their loved ones and used them as a way for them to get out of here alive. The one they trusted couldn’t be trusted anymore.

 

Some of them tripped and fell to the ground. They tried to reach out and cried for their friends to help them, but their cry-for-help was ignored as their so-called friends kept fleeing for their lives.

 

The fallen could only meet the same fate—getting their blood drained out and dying by the hands of the monster.

 

This cycle of betrayal and despair continued on and on as casualty after casualty started rising. 

 

The lifeless bodies littered the ground into a strange decoration that could only inspire terror upon anyone who saw it.

 

Soon, the fleeing crowd finally got out of the back alley and created another uproar in the street. 

 

Both men and women alike no matter what ages were running for their lives, hoping that the monster didn’t get to them.

 

“Mommy!!!” A little girl cried out, seemingly just lost sight of her mom.

 

She kept crying and crying, hoping that her mommy would hear her and come to get her. 

 

The fleeing people just ignored the crying little girl as they kept running for their lives.

 

No good deed could help them survive all of this, they realized that and chose to display their ugly sides. At this moment they couldn’t care less about anything else but to get out of here alive.

 

“Akk!” Someone bumped into the little girl’s body and made her fall onto the ground.

 

She cried and tried to get up only to get bumped by someone and fell to the ground again. The cycle kept repeating for a while as there was no one kind enough to help the crying girl.

 

Suddenly, a scream rang out from behind her. 

It was the woman’s scream but the little girl couldn’t hear it clearly due to the frantic cries of the people around her. She looked back to see the source of the sound and her eyes widened by the sight! 

 

The monster was gripping onto a woman as it sucked the blood out of her neck. The woman screamed and squirmed, trying her best to break free.

 

An absolute horrified expression appeared on the little girl's face as she witnessed the scene.

 

Her heart was beating faster and faster as her eyes continued to widen by the second. 

 

“M-Mommy…?” The little girl muttered as she kept looking at the woman whose body started to go limp.

 

An absolute terror rained down on her as she soon came to realize who the woman was—

 

“Mommy!!!!!!!!!” She cried out as she rushed toward the woman's limped body. 

 

The body fell onto the ground with a thud but the little girl only kept running and running, running to her mommy.

 

The monster saw its prey approaching and became delighted. A wide creepy smile slowly crept onto its face.

 

Its next prey had arrived.

 

The monster latched forward, toward the little girl with a crazed expression on its face! Its claws extended forward, trying to rip the little girl apart and savor her blood!

 

The little girl's eyes widened before the approaching monster. Instinctively, she shut her eyes tight and fell on her butt with a yelp. 

 

Her fist clenched into a ball as she gritted her teeth, readied to be devoured by the monster. The fear and terror and sadness kept swirling in her heart.

 

It would be any moment now that she would die and join her mommy in heaven. 

 

Any moment now…

 

But—it never came,

 

She felt no pain, no struggling, there was nothing. 

 

The monster didn’t come to her. The only thing she knew was hearing the sound of metallic objects hitting the stone floor.

 

The little girl pried her eyes open.

 

There, in front of her stood a man in a white armor. He had a white long sword in his right hand and it seemed to glow in golden color.

 

The man looked at the monster with furrowed brows as he lifted his sword up and pointed it toward the monster.

 

Then, with his deep graveling voice, he said to the monster— “Your life ends here, deviant.”

 

Moral of the story; Sometime, listening to a lot of horror stories could affect your work like this~ 😂

64