The Grind Continues (2)
313 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And, why is she supposed to be here?!" Erlong glared at her bestial copy pointedly, at least, that's what she considered Zi Ji— a cheap imitation... unfortunately strong enough to kick her ass.

Oh, Erlong was frustrated for plenty of reasons, and Zi Ji tagging along with them was only one of them. After all, Erlong still had a hard time taking out the image of others winking at her knowingly and contacting her with scandalous techniques. Worse of all, Ah Yin's words may just be the most depraved as she didn't seem to mind this sort of thing at all. Even if she did, she may just be too much of an expert to not show it. Not only that, but the one who taught her about the spirit souls and is supposed to help her gain one happened to be—

"And stop staring at my ass!" Erlong tilted her head and glared back as Ja Sun made a note to walk behind Erlong and Zi Ji. Well, there was the obvious reason and the not-so-obvious reason.

Obviously, he wanted to make the trip more pleasant... for himself. And what better way to please sore sight than swaying butts itself?

And not-so-obviously, the tease on them was too great and their aggrieved reactions were impeccable. Zi Ji, too, wasn't impervious to such a thing despite her age when it was HIM who did that. And the simple man he was, Ja Sun never cared for why. As long as he got his reaction, he'll remain the same sage of the forest others look up to.

"Yes... Beast God," Zi Ji winced at what she was about to say as it might just be too suggestive, "Her ass isn't all that much. My real body's rear is wider and stronger than many mountains itself!"

It was true. Zi Ji's real body was nothing short of a behemoth... but... Ja Sun's expression grew bleak. Only for a second though as he recovered quickly by actually imagining a giant human Zi Ji with a mountainous ass that won't quit.

See? Happy thoughts indeed.

Seeing Erlong impatient for an answer as if she hadn't even registered Zi Ji's cold insult, he shrugged, "Zi Ji just has more sway amongst the dragon-kind. The two of you should look at yourself. Given how stubborn you two can be, a quest for a good dragon spirit soul will only end in the death of the beast. Although the possibility is slim, Zi Ji may just help us avoid that." He, of course, didn't care for the life and death of some beast. Erlong was a dragon quick to get impatient and so was Zi Ji. And they annoyed each other with their mere presence.

Ja Sun just wanted some fun by putting them together and since there weren't any flame attributed dragons... well, any other dragon beside Zi Ji and Di Tian, they had to leave King's Lair temporarily to locate one Zi Ji knew.

But as for Erlong's accusation, his gaze still didn't leave her butt as he answered. What is she gonna do? Punch him?

She's already done that before. Besides, Ja Sun was never a dense son of a bitch. In fact, marrying Ah Yin and Bibi Dong had sent him freer than ever. The two felt secure and happy and Ja Sun could now find some time with those he'd shared the idea with long ago. Erlong just happened to be the more convenient targe— a friend to help, educate, and enlighten.

"Walk ahead of us!" Erlong screamed with red nearing the tips of her ear. She was more conscious than usual. After all, they were alone... yes, she wouldn't even register Zi Ji's existence.

"Why? Afraid of something jumping out of the bushes?" Ja Sun scoffed and continued behind with a leisure pace as he finally looked up curiously.

"The only ambush I'll face is from the behind! Now move in front!" Erlong wouldn't let it up and growled in a feral manner, her fists clenched threateningly. But... who was she kidding?

Ja Sun did move but with how he kept on smiling, it only served to piss her off further!

"Anyway, where is this dragon, Zi Ji?" Ja Sun inquired the self-proclaimed Terror of Darkness as she replied with a straight expression, "A bit beyond the southern border of the Star Dou Great Forest in one of the underground lava pools."

The fact that the borders of the Star Dou Great Forest were being manned by 100000-year-old beasts made it impossible for humans to currently enter this location during the 'war.'

Honestly... Ja Sun thought his days of causing major conflict with just a word were over but clearly, his words to some extent had become even more precious.

Ja Sun looked back and saw Erlong and Zi Ji staring in his direction.

'Let's test it out...'

"Erlong, Zi Ji... strip, will you?"

"Like fuck I will!"

"These clothes are symbolic of decency... I'd rather won't..."

Ja Sun blinked in surprise, enranging Erlong and finally threatening to push some of Zi Ji's buttons, too.

'Huh... my word isn't THAT effective. And here I thought I got a pass for all-you-can-fuck buffet.'

Of course, Ja Sun still remained conscious of the even more intense gaze boring into the back of his skull. But never mind the duo, he did just give them an honorable chance to even out the playing field. So, clearly, he would now opt for more dishonest means.

Ja Sun, by right, wasn't a womanizer. If he was... given his strength, he'd have more women hooked on himself other than Ah Yin, Bibi Dong, Erlong, Yuehua... Ja Yin, Zi Ji, Bi Ji... Xiao Wu, and Xiao Bei... never mind the number. Just a novice's luck. But still, Ja Sun wasn't delusional enough to not understand that things were more circumstantial than his own efforts and that's what Ja Sun wanted to change.

He was at the top, and he would only grow stronger. It wasn't arrogance. His divine intent and divine physique had peaked. Before he could complete the last step of his mission to become a god, he needed to bring his spirit rank to 99 and reach a comprehension in the realm of grandmaster in any of the laws associated with his skills. This was a level of comprehension even beyond Qian Daoliu's means. Not only that, he is still practicing arrays on the side.

But he now knew it would take time. Time longer than he can imagine because even Ja Yin's luck doesn't seem to be working on him. So, Ja Sun felt it was about time to polish his other talents. First, he considered teaching. Actually, seeing Violet's and Ja Yin's growth has been satisfactory. But if he made this gig a full-time work, the most obvious candidates around him would be his teammates and they wouldn't be able to take each other seriously in the long run especially because they were friends.

So, it was better to just polish pants and make them silky for the way of silkpants seemed particularly enticing to Ja Sun. Again, it was just a more general mindset for him. He still remembered how awkward things were with Ah Yin the first time and even if he'd come a long way... his sage wisdom suggested that there is no stopping in the path of enlightenment.

Of course, should he state his thoughts out loud, an unsuccessful urge for beating would ensue and that's why he kept his quiet.

"I have to say," Zi Ji, after a few minutes of silence finally opened up, "Now that I am made aware of spirit souls... it feels harder to decide whether I wish to continue to live as a beast or a human." Her silence and slightly uncharacteristically quiet demeanor made this clear.

"I get that," Ja Sun chortled, "If you fully tap into it, humans are made to suppress beasts in this regard."

Zi Ji agreed. The fact that humans don't get a chance to become a beast after reaching rank 90 or 99 but beasts are given this chance showed the trend of the world and its inclination towards humanity. It wasn't natural, of course. Gods were behind this.

Zi Ji couldn't even consult Bi Ji since Ja Sun made it clear that this information is only on a need-to-know basis. Ja Yin was already aware and Xiao Wu was given the stick and the carrot to not spill the beans.

Thus, this made Zi Ji's dilemma harder. Should she strive to become a human, she would not only gain a chance at all her spirit skills but more, too, in the form of additional rings and spirit bones... but in return, she would lose the advantage of her stronger dragon physique. Except for Ja Sun, Zi Ji was sure that she could make a short case of every human Titled Douluo, and even if she couldn't properly defeat Qian Daoliu, even that man himself won't have any distinct advantage.

So, it was a matter of tradeoff, Zi Ji realized. What does she prioritize more? Her origins or the chance at better skills and possible godship...

Yet, not being a human, she never felt the urgency of impending lifespan. And being a dragon for so many years, she disregarded her hesitation and curiosity about being a human. As humans have a popular saying— curiosity killed the cat— and she didn't intend to register herself as one of the curious pussy cats.

But...

'Does mating feels different for humans and beasts?' She frowned. If she wished to compare 'notes', she would have to... think outside the box. And she was highly motivated for it. Unlike Di Tian, Ja Sun never seemed put off by her. Despite their banter, Zi Ji only appreciated the man's strength, mindset, and other qualities. And even if he made a clear statement about his situation, it was only the issue of propagating. Zi Ji certainly didn't intend to force her god to the act for the latter but of all present around him, she found herself more receptive to the idea of checking what ticks him.

The urges of dragon-type species are great and only after gaining sentience by breaking into cultivation of 100000 years could they control these instincts. Zi Ji knew she had dominated a few mates and then proceeded to chew their heads off for disappointing performance but all of it felt like a distant dream.

But...

Taking a glance at Erlong, Zi Ji's patient and quite loveable curiosity for human passion disappeared. Oh, she envied Erlong internally to the max. Only Di Tian among the living dragon lineage was the offspring of a True Dragon King and Erlong had the bloodline of an actual Dragon King!

Humans had it that easy! One stroke of fortune and their potential would reach the top of the food chain. Even Zi Ji internally felt her bloodline suppressed in front of Erlong. If it wasn't for the actual gap in strength, Zi Ji would be on her knees. And if it wasn't for Beast God, she would have long devoured Erlong at the chance of igniting her own bloodline to greater heights. But Zi Ji, after bringing a few 100000-year-old beasts to King's Lair and getting subsequent rewards already felt her bloodline nourished quite a bit.

But...

She was broken out of her complicated thoughts, "Zi Ji, if you knew the beast's location, why not bring it to King's Lair?"

She finally snorted with an expression of cold rage flickering over her seductive features, "Although low in cultivation and comprehensive strength, his domain can make the best use of the terrain. I realized that forcing him to enter the King's Lair won't be worth the rewards."

Ja Sun nodded in understanding as Erlong cracked her knuckles, releasing strained popping noise, "When we get there, I want to have the first go! This beast is my prey!"

Already sorting out her thoughts to quite a bit of extent and no longer pensive, Zi Ji's lips tugged into a sneer, "You? A brain-dead full-fledged dragon he may be but your pathetic strength isn't humor we got to entertain. Be smarter for once in your life and keep your mouth shut."

"Says the failure who whores for rewards," Erlong scoffed, "Lemme get all nine of my rings and we can compete all you want. I'll pin you down like every other opponent I've destroyed!"

"Oooh~!" Ja Sun chortled, finding innuendos where even the masters won't, "I'd love to watch that. Zi Ji, I have seen Erlong pinned down many times, make sure to get her good side."

"Aarghhh!" Erlong let out a loud groan of frustration as even she could see who Ja Sun thought would win which made Zi Ji smirk victoriously... while Ja Sun observed the effects of his words gleefully. Truly, he wouldn't mind who pins down whom, he just wanted to appropriately motivate the duo.

While Erlong would obviously get riled up by the thought of losing, Zi Ji was now intent on keeping up with his expectations.

'The grind never stops for me... I'm already learning a lot,' Ja Sun snickered as he tried a few more things while they got closer and closer to their destination. He was almost sure that the beast won't go down submissively, dragons rarely do so it was upto its attitude, really. If the beast shows any hint of betrayal, Ja Sun would wipe away the consciousness and breed a new one and let Erlong slowly train with the 'new' spirit soul but the more optimal result would still be to train with an experienced spirit soul that can guide on how to best use its skills.

***

Read 60 advance chapters here—

Patreon.com/Fanharem

Join the discord for well... uh, dead chat room~

https://discord.gg/egdFUe5

16