Arc 1 -A Different End
1.2k 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eli became known as the Empire's Greatest Emperor and the most memorable.

For the fact that for all the years in his reign, a certain ' Blue Planet' had been quietly put under his protection and generosity. That even under his will, its been written to be guarded over by the succeeding Emperor.

People wondered why and were confused that despite it having rich resources, the Emperor didn't took advantage and forcefully rule over it.

This became part of the Emperor's greatest mysteries.

He did not marry.

And the throne was then handed over to the son of his trusted aid, Evan.

No one knew the reason why.

And they couldn't ask, for the Emperor is known for being Cold-blooded.

only the Seventh Brigade knew, the sadness their former Commander bears

No. maybe. only Evan knew.

and now the time has come... for his life to pass.

- + + + + + + + +

"Evan" Eli weakly asked.

"Yes, your Majesty."

"Has everything been settled?" He inquired.

"Yes."

"I see"

Silence filled the house as Eli lied down on the living room couch blankly staring at the ceiling.

His head resting on Gu Yan's clothes.

As he thought... his scent was gone.

Eli closed his eyes. Reminiscing about they're short precious days spent together in this house.

How warm his hands felt. Gu Yan's habit of kissing his eyes in his cat form. How Eli snuggled on his stomach for warmth and Gu Yan's slight and gentle smile.

How he loved to inhale his sweet scent and lick his nape to leave his mark.

The time when they left this house to go visit a cat cafe and Gu Yan bought him a cat stick, or that time when they went and Gu Yan bought them their wedding rings.

Those days. before he...

"Evan... he died. didn't he?" Eli asked weakly and sighed.

Evan stiffened and lowered his head. Hesitating and troubled.

"Evan... Ah Yan. Died. didn't he?" he asked twice hinting for Evan to answer.

"Yes... his excellency Gu Yan... passed away." Evan croaked a reply and tightened his fist.

"I see."

Again, silence. A short breeze passed through making it tranquil.

"Qiuqiu was bad." Eli stated as Evan could finally see tears trailing down his eyes.

"He told me to be good and open my eyes. . . but I couldn't" his voice turned hoarse unable to calm the feelings he kept since the incident.

"I.... I couldn't even send him away. I couldn't even watch how he disappeared before me. I couldn't stop hi- khak! khaahk! eheuk!"

Blood. Eli spat out blood and Evan stood yet Eli raised a hand to stop him.

"Haaahh...." he sighed.

"Evan... do you remember how he looked like?"

"Vaguely.... " Evan's eyes were locked on to Eli's blood-stained uniform and frowned.

This was the same uniform he wore when Eli was still serving as the Commander of the Seventh Battalion. The same Uniform he wore when he first met Gu Yan.

"I remember him. Clear as if it was yesterday..." Eli grinned happily.

Seeing him smile. Evan felt conflicted. He has been beside him all these years and knew full well how pained Eli was despite his expressionless face.

At first he thought that Eli simply got tired of Gu Yan and killed him. but his actions proved he was wrong.

Eli was in despair. and denial.

For Eli always came home in this old house. Continually repairing it as it ran down. Coming home into this "Blue Planet Earth" refusing to sleep and wrapped himself inside Gu Yan's clothes in his cat form when he's most vulnerable while staring at the door. waiting for it to open.

Each time, to be his good Qiuqiu.

"Evan. . . when I pass. Let this house stay. Leave it as it slowly rots in time. Dont let anyone touch this. . ."

"Understood."

Eli could feel it. How the beat of his heart slowed down. . . it wont be long. . . just moments more.

"Ill see him soon. . . In the next life ill meet him again. ill . . . fall for him. the same way again. . . " He vowed as his tears repeatedly falls soaking Gu Yan's clothes wet.

"Did you hear me?. . . Evan."

"Yes. your Majesty"

"By then he'll call me Qiuqiu like he did before. This time. . . i'll be good." Eli promised.

"Ill take care of myself well . . so he wouldn't need to die to save me in the next life. . ." he added.

"Evan. . ." Eli turned his head to the side only to see Evan biting his lips to hide his croaking voice. His tears trailing like waterfalls and his snot making the hailed General an unfitting mess.

"Thank you. Old friend." Eli smiled and turned back to stare at the ceiling.

"In the next life. I am confident. Y-you'll meet his Excellency, Gu Yan again. Fate was unfair, his years was too short and im sure in the next life. Fate will repay it back. If not then may my son suffer an early death! " Evan stated in a determined voice.

Eli weakly chuckled and smiled.

"In the next life. In the next im sure. . . Ah Yan. . ." he mumbled and slowly grabbed Gu Yan's clothes under his head and weakly brought it on his face and sniffed it.

"I'm coming. . . i'm coming now. . ."

He grinned happily. Like a child he smiled with his hands wrapping the clothes tenderly beside his cheek.

Ah Yan. . . Qiuqiu is here.

21