[ Arc 02 ][ 003 ] The Embarrassment
167 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, what will we be doing until we get there, miss?” Luna asked Lucia curiously.

“Obviously, we’ll continue to train our skills,” the older girl replied with a smile. “No point wasting it by lying around and doing nothing. Plus, it’d be actually pretty boring to sit around and do nothing for a month.”

“Wait?! What?! It takes a whole month to get there?!” Luna exclaimed, thunderstruck by the expected length of their journey’s duration.

Lucia nodded and stated, “Yes. We’re practically going from one country to another, especially we have to get across another country in-between to reach that country. So, it’s only natural for us to take one month to get there from here.”

“If it took that long by carriage, couldn’t we just fly there?” The younger girl asked curiously.

This made both Lucia and Alex look surprised before both began chuckling with laughter.

“What? Did I ask something bad?” Luna asked worriedly.

“Of course not,” said Alex, reaching out and patting her on the head.

“It’s just that there are possibly three reasons for us not being able to fly there. First off, between the three of us, only Miss Lucia knows how to fly. Secondly, it would probably take a lot of energy to get there very quickly and that itself is bad if you’re not that powerful. Third of all, I doubt we can get there directly. We may need to stop in between to eat food, take rest and so on.”

He turned to his teacher and asked, “Isn’t that right, miss?”

Lucia nodded with a proud look on her face as she replied, “Everything you said is true.”

“Wow…!” Luna said in awe. “That’s a lot of drawbacks.”

“Yeah and that’s why, its preferable to travel by carriage,” said Alex with a smile.

“Yeah…” said his childhood love reluctantly, but suddenly flared up with energy and said, “but when we do get stronger, wouldn’t it be faster to just fly around as its quicker?”

She was being very optimistic that made Alex smile with happiness. However, he decided to give her a reality check as a way of being cheeky with her.

“True but you what’s an even faster way to get around?” He asked shrewdly.

“There is one?” She asked, looking amazed. When he nodded confidently, she asked, “What is it?”

He smiled, then raised one finger into the air, and said, “Teleportation,” and winked at her.

There was a moment of stunned silence before Luna asked, “What?”

“Teleportation,” he repeated smugly, with his smile widening. “Fastest way to travel.”

“Uh…” Luna began uncertainly, tilting her head with a puzzled look on her face as she clearly did not understand what he was saying.

Lucia, who had witnessed this whole exchange, covered her mouth before she could burst into laughter. But she was not quick enough and the laughter sound she made attracted their attention.

“What’s so funny?” Alex asked, feeling a little irritated.

“I’m… I’m sorry,” his teacher apologised first for laughing, “but it’s just that you looked so smug when saying that technique like it meant something but… it didn’t have the effect you intended it to have. That look on your face was… priceless!”

Once again, she covered her mouth from laughing too much and irritating him more than he already was. He looked at his teacher trying to control her laughter and could only sigh in disappointment due to being a show off and facing a letdown.

“So… what’s a teleportation?” Luna asked, oblivious to what just transpired.

“It’s a technique that lets one travel from one spot to another very quickly,” explained Alex in a little dully.

Though he could not remember it, he had this feeling that back in his previous life, he was able to travel from one corner of the world to another with relative ease. Thinking about his magic skills compared to then made him feel a little regretful of the downscaling that had happened, but he was nonetheless determined to reach that level of skill soon again and possibly even surpass it.

“Wow! That’s amazing!” Luna said, looking amazed while he could only smile wearily. “You can cover large distances very quickly like that! How do we use it? Does it require magic or energy?”

“That’s…” began her childhood crush uncertainly and looked towards his teacher for some support.

“It’s not something you two can use given your current level of strength and capabilities,” said Lucia with a smile as she smothered her laughter, “but when the time comes, I’ll teach you both personally.”

“Yay!” Luna said excitedly while Alex also smiled with wanting to learn it sooner.

“But first, I think we need to watch out for monsters wandering around,” suggested Alex after getting over his irritation and finding a new subject to converse with.

“You mean the ones that wander around that dad told us about since little?” Luna asked to confirm.

“Yup,” he replied with a nod of his head.

“Oh. Then I’ll make a bloody meat out of them and cook us some tasty food!” She said with a grin, causing what looked like sparkles to appear around her.

In that moment, time seemed to freeze as something heavy thudded in both Alex’s and Lucia’s chest when they heard Luna saying such things with a cute grinning face. It caused Alex to imagine a scene where a wild pig appeared, and she smashed its head with her bare hands.

With all the blood splattered all over her, she would simply grin and say, “So much blood. It’s amazing.”

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no!” Alex and Lucia both exclaimed loudly with shocked looks on their faces.

It looked like both had imagined similar things because they each reacted in their own way towards the cute younger girl.

“Luna, you don’t have to proactively fight them!” Alex said.

“We’ll do the fighting for you!” Lucia said.

Inside their heads, they both simultaneously though, “We don’t want to see you covered in blood and saying those disturbing things! My cute Luna will remain cute!”

“Eh? I want to fight them as well,” she said longingly.

Her sad voice mixed with her longing expression made Alex’s and Lucia’s sting with pain.

“Fine. You can battle that thing, but you are not to kill it. Alright?” Lucia said, giving in very easily.

“Okay~! I can do that~!” Luna said cheerfully.

Alex looked at the two of them and thought, “Dang it. Miss Luna is so weak!”

“Alex, let’s work together to beat those things, okay?” His childhood sweetheart asked by turning to him and giving a wonderous smile.

When he looked at her, sparkles were emanating from her and caused him to blurt out, “Sure!” A moment later, he cursed himself and thought, “Dammit! So am I!”

As Luna sat looking joyful, Lucia recovered and realised what she had done. She turned towards her student, who looked at her with a dull look that made her realise the blunder she made. Trying to cover it up, she suddenly stood up inside the carriage and spoke bold words.

“No need to fret, younglings! I, as the only adult here with magic skills, will take care of these monsters for us without any kind of isssuuuuueeeeee!!”

She prolonged the last word of her dialogue when the carriage suddenly had a huge bump that upset her footing. Losing her balance, she stumbled forward and smacked her head firmly against the side of the carriage wall.

“Ow…!” She expressed by pulling her head back and rubbing it with one hand while using the other to keep herself from hitting the wall. “Hmm?” She suddenly though when she felt a strange sensation in front of her and heard muffled sounds coming from beneath her.

At the same time, Luna came over and worriedly said, “Miss Lucia! Please move! Alex is suffocating!”

“Huh?” She reacted with surprise and glanced down only to widen her eyes in alarm.

Pressed between her chest while making frantic sounds was her unfortunate student, Alex. It seemed that when she lost her footing, she stumbled towards where Alex sat. While she smacked her head against the wall, her chest got pressed against his face.

Alex had his arms folded in front of him and was startled by his teacher suddenly coming towards him that he reacted slowly. Now, he was waving his hands around wildly as he was unwilling to touch her but also was slowly suffocating with his face pressed against her chest.

“Oh no!” His teacher exclaimed, quickly pushing herself away.

“Ha!” Alex let out a huge sigh of relief from being able to breathe again.

“Are you okay, Alex? Are you injured?” She asked him worriedly, checking him all around.

“Apart from my nose hurting, I’m fine,” he told her with a small smile.

“Oh. That’s a relief,” she said as she let out a sigh of relief as she was worried that the experience of suffocation might have left a lasting impact on the poor kid.

Alex rubbed his nose and wondered, “Thank goodness she pulled away otherwise I think I might’ve met Entity Limitless again. Seriously, my teacher has such a large…”

He trailed away, his eyes drifted to her chest area. For some reason, he felt like staring at them as he suddenly found some strange fascination towards them. He got the feeling that he never was lucky with women as they avoided him due to him constantly studying to improve himself.

Seeing his prolonged stare toward her, Lucia blinked in surprise by his action and looked down at where he was staring at. Realising that he was ogling her chest, she turned bright red and began scolding him.

“Alex! Stop looking here!” She said, covering her front and turning away.

“Ah!” He reacted, realising she caught onto him, and felt scared.

“There’ll be no dinner for you tonight!” His teacher snapped.

“What?! No!” He protested and bowed his head. “Please, forgive this silly student! I didn’t mean to do that! I swear to the Gods above! Please don’t punish me for this! I won’t do it again!”

“Hmph! Fine. Apologise accepted,” she said reluctantly.

“Thank you very much, Miss Lucia!” He replied, looking at her happily.

“Hmph!” She said again, sitting back down and folding her arms and legs in disapproval.

Her expression seemed serious but looking at her closer would reveal that her face was slightly blushing pink. Whereas, Alex turned away to look to the side with a blush of his own creeping onto his face.

“Damn. I made a fool of myself in front of Miss Lucia. But still… her chest is big.”

At the same time, Lucia was having own thoughts of, “What have I done?! I nearly suffocated my student and scolded him! To make matters worse, I got ogled at… by my own student.”

The two wrapped up their thoughts by letting out a sigh and thinking, “Oh, how embarrassing.”

While the two of them were resolutely away, Luna stared at the two of them with a surprised look on her face and tilted her head cutely in confusion while wondering, “What just happened?”

Hey everyone.

Thank you for reading this cute chapter. I hope you liked it like me; it was fun imagining and writing it. =D

See you in the next chapter!

P.S. Luna is cute! 

5