A Day with Lili X
285 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well then. Let us see if reality matches up with your dreams then." Nox declared, taking Lili's hand and guiding her further in where a greeter awaited them.

"It's already better than my imagination because you are here." The pallum shared with a beautiful smile.

After all, it was a wish she had before meeting Nox so now that he was a part of it, it was already far superior to her previous imagination. For Lili, Nox was bigger and better than any dream or hope she had before meeting him.

"Smooth." Nox commented with a sagely nod and Lili giggled.

"Right? I even surprised myself." She joked.

Nox was quite a well known face and the greeter approached him on their own accord as they were already informed he would be showing up tonight.

It was an young chienthrope male with light honey colored hair and droopy ears, dressed in a pristine black and white butler outfit and with the utmost professionalist, he guided the pair to a private box with a majestic view of Orario through a clear window.

The room was dimly lit by candlelight and the flames seemed to have been tampered with so as to have a more romantic reddish glow while the crystal clear glass window let the cool silvery moonlight enter the room to form a nice contrast with the rest of the lighting.

The greeter left the two lovers with a menu, the kind with no prices and stepped outside of the sound isolated private room to await their choices.

Lili looked rather displeased however.

"Why the long face?" Nox asked with a bit of confusion.

The pallum harrumphed.

"These kinds of menus that scream elitist crap like "If you have to ask then you can't afford it" with their lack of pricing piss me off." She said with a prickly tone.

Nox chuckled and his diminutive lover's money managing ways, though he found the practice quite stupid and annoying as well.

"You have a point but let us try to enjoy the evening alright?" He said.

"I guess you're right but still . . . I have the money to buy their entire menu and not be monetarily inconvenienced but I'd still like to know what I'm spending where. I mean . . .What's wrong with that?" Lili questioned.

"Nothing. It just this kind of thing feeds the ego of the so called high society and makes this place look prestigious to them." Nox said.

"It's a silly concept but hey, it is still something I'm willing to forgive if the food is as divine as advertised." He added.

"Fair enough." Lili nodded.

"Let us see if the actual product is worth the attitude." She declared and started checking out the menu with fiery eyes.

After a couple of minutes of deliberation, they had decided on what to order and called the greeter who had now become their waiter, having been replaced by a colleague at the entrance, in through a small bell that was linked outside the soundproof room.

"May I take your orders sir and madam?" He respectfully inquired.

"Yes please. I'd like . . ." Nox proceeded to ask for a normal full course meal, consisting of appetizer and full main course, leaving the dessert for later but Lili had different plans.

When her turn came, she ordered numerous dishes that would be more fitting for a five or six person group rather than a single diminutive pallum but despite seeming a bit flustered by the oddly large order, the greeter turned waiter dutifully penned it down and left to relay it to the kitchen.

After he did so, Nox threw Lili a weird confused look as if asking what she was doing.

"What? Portions in this type of place are small anyways so I taste a lot of different dishes without wasting anything other than money. Besides, how am I to to see if the product is worth it without trying different varieties offered?" Lili "innocently" spoke.

Nox could only shake his head with a wry smile. His little lover who haggled the entire afternoon in every stall they visited, intent on not dropping a vallis more than she had too, was now blowing a crapload of money merely because the menu no have prices irritated her.

He figured it was his bad spending habits rubbing off on her, creating a duality in the way Lili treated her money, causing her to oscillate between being extremely measured in her spending and burning money without a care in the world.

A couple of minutes down the line, the appetizers began arriving. As for the began arriving and not simply arrived, it was because Lili had ordered quite a few of them.

Nox's single pick, was an item in the menu that invoked some nostalgia in him deviled eggs made from the mythical Jack Bird's Golden Eggs.

Considering each usually went for at least a million vallis and the dish came with two, it certainly fit with the menu's "if you need to ask you can't afford it" attitude.

As for why it was nostalgic, it was due to the Jack Bird being one of Nox's first sources of revenue and the first rare monster he ever caught.

Lili on the other hand, made several choices and while the dishes were not outlandish as they usually weren't, the ingredients used certainly were.

Normal appetizers like mean skewers with dip, mushroom pastries, cheese balls and other things one might see at other less luxurious restaurants but all made with ultra rare and expensive ingredients.

Like cheese made from milk that dropped from a rare deep floor monster, mushrooms from some special dungeon biome and so on, so forth.

Nox tasted some of them as well and he could only say one thing in response.

"Money sure tastes good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR weeks ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novels Kage of Kages and FATE of DxD, do check them out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

10