Chigusa’s Integration
295 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After his very successfully, even if slightly weird date with Lili, it was back to business for Nox's merry band.

The original plan was to get started on their Knossos assault after Nox finished his private affairs since preparations were already pretty much complete. The rest was only to be prepared on the eve of the actual assault.

However, with Chigusa wishing to join their family, it seemed like those plans would have to be delayed once again.

It was a bit disappointed for the girls since it would not only be a good challenge, it was also an opportunity for them to fight all together besides Nox, something which did not really happen that often, or not at all to be totally honest.

Still, it was not like they did not have some time to spare and so, without much fuss, the raid was pushed back into a later date while Chigusa's integration into their group was to be fully completed first. They could only hope not to be met with other delays in the meantime.

As for introduction process, it started with the usual big reveal of how things worked, namely, how Nox could manipulate their falna and the huge advantage they had with stuff like EX Pots and level boosts.

After waiting for the poor girl to process all of that information, something which took quite a while, she had to be guided in choosing her ability allocation.

"So what is your preferred role in a party and what are you best at?" Nox asked.

Chigusa, despite not yet being completely over the shock of having her worldview on how adventurers "worked" being completely overturned, still dutifully answered the question in her signature sweet but timid voice.

"I mostly take a supporter role but I know how to properly use most weapons and fight barehanded if required. The bow is probably what I'm best at though . . . I think."

Considering Chigusa's humble demeanor and general timidness in non critical situation, as she could be quite forward and courageous when it came to those, along with what he knew from the original series, Nox formulated a slightly different opinion.

"So basically, you act as a porter while covering the holes in your team through an excellent mastery of varied weapons but are most confident in your bow skill which means they are probably the absolute best in your familia . . . That sound about right?" Nox reported his conclusion.

"Ah . . ." Chigusa was speechless and highly embarrassed.

". . . It's not . . . I'm not that . . ." The small teen found formulating a coherent sentence too difficult as she struggled to even find the words while going so read the other girls though she was about to boil over and pass out.

And to be honest, she was feeling a bit dizzy from all the praise, not that she was not happy to be evaluated so highly, which she was.

"I agree with danna-sama's opinion." Haruhime said, using the appellation she had taken a liking to recently. It seems there was a wave of such changes amongst most of the girls with pet names and appellations being shifted around and changed.

"Chi-chan, while humility is to be praised in my opinion, it is also very important to be able to objectively evaluate one's own abilities." She further added.

"Right." Nox supported and they both got a nod from the shy girl.

"We don't really need porter type supports so we can exclude that from our considerations for excelia distribution between abilities. With that in mind, what are your preferences Chigusa-chan?" He continued.

"Why are porters not needed?" Chigusa first inquired.

"Because of these." Harhume said, moving forward and showing a decorated orichalcum bracelet she had on.

"These are magic items that allow their users a limited version of one of danna-sama's spell. Item Box." She explained.

"Basically, they are storage devices with a small room's worth of space to fill. Everyone on the team has at least one for personal use but there are extras in case of big expeditions so it is completely pointless to have someone dedicated to lugging things around." Nox broke it down.

Once again, Chigusa had no other choice than to be stupified by Nox's reality defying feats which he seemed to casually pull of one after another. It was like he always had something else the exact moment one got mostly used to the last one he pulled.

A few moments later, after Chigusa used her cuteness to coax an explanation about the item from Nox, showing she knew how to tempt guys and act coy when she wanted and further cementing Nox's belief that Ouka was utterly blind, the girl finally got to deciding her preferred stats.

"I think I'm more of a technical fighter so dexterity first to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the techniques and agility second to allow me to maneuver and attain the required speed to react properly to speedy enemies. Those would be my choices." Chigusa selected.

"Hmm . . ." Nox pondered.

An idea came to his mind after hearing Chigusa make and explain her choices and he thought that pulling that idea off would make the shy girl quite the force to be reckoned with.

"Let us add magic in there as a tertiary ability." He said.

"But I don't have any magic?" Chigusa was confused.

"Just let me worry about that. I've got a very neat idea but you definitely need a decent magic stat to implement it. If fact, rather than giving it tertiary importance, I think I'll move it to secondary like agility." Nox decided, already in his own world with all kinds of plans in his head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR weeks ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novels Kage of Kages and FATE of DxD, do check them out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

11