Hunt For Evilus VI
197 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like a swift breeze, Ais arrived in front of the red haired creature, her wind enhanced blade mercilessly swinging to bisect her.

Revis held her sword horizontally to block but while she was powerful enough to hold back the sword princess' assault, her weapon was not, shattering on impact and forcing the red haired creature to dash backwards to escape death.

Ais mercilessly pressed forwards, seeking to knock out her unarmed opponent now that she had no way to block her but . . .

Maybe Revis was not as defenceless as she seemed.

The red haired creature closed the distance with a forward step that was faster than her previous charge and when Ais swung her wind enhanced sword at her by reflex, in a display that shocked even the observing Nox, Revis grabbed the oncoming blade with her bare hands, stopping cold.

Ais stilled for a second in shock and in that very instant, the red haired creature delivered a merciless blow to the sword princess' midsection, sending her flying into the wind dome that was protecting Lefiya and Lulune.

Naturally, the spirit wind did not harm her, cushioning Ais and let him get back to the ground softly but blood dribbled from the corner of her mouth, a testament to the power of the fist she just ate.

The problem however, was that her wind covered sword was blocked by flesh and bone, something which she still could not wrap her head around.

'How tough is she? I've never tried that but I even though I'm pretty sure I could pull it off, she is nowhere as tough as me so what's the deal?' Nox's eyes narrowed as he analyzed Revis more closely.

Once he did, he realised that she was being enhanced by some kind of living armor that fused with her body, leaving no trace of its existence but drastically enhancing her abilities.

She was already about Level 7 in strength one level higher than she should be according to the original series at this point in time but with that invisible armor, she was easily overwhelming Ais.

Without hesitation, Ais switched her combat style to the one she used to fight Nox. When she sparred with him, he did not move around too much, only doing so in short burst and relying on superior strength and endurance to deal with her.

This was very similar to the way Revis was fighting except Nox had incredible long range firepower that made it very difficult to approach him so Ais would be having a considerably better time.

Diminishing the wind barrier around her body, Ais focused it to boost the enhancement aspect at the cost of protection and focused the wind on her blade, diminishing range but increasing sharpness to the maximum.

With supreme speed and agility the sword princess closed the distance and slashed at Revis from a tricky angle.

The red haired creature, blocked with her arms but this time, a huge gash that reached the bone was left on her arm. Clearly, Ais's change in style was working as intended.

Unfortunately for the sword princess, the wound closed almost instantly thanks to Revis' natural regeneration as a Creature.

And so, the battle turned into a stalemate where Ais could not deal a definitive blow but Revis was not quick enough to counter the sword princess' hit and run attack.

Ais thought about using her trump card to try and close out the fight but she knew that time was on her side and that while Nox was okay with her using said trump card, he had also said she needed a lot of work when it came to control when using it.

As such, the sword princess decided to just maintain the stalemate until reinforcements were inevitably drawn to the sound of their battle.

However, a slight look towards Rivira in the distance, proved that reinforcements would not be coming that soon.

Snake like plant monsters could be see squirming in the town with fires being sparked everywhere and adventurers trying to fight the suddenly emerging monsters.

Ais glared at Revis but the red haired creature said nothing in return and dashed forwards with her perpetually cold expression being ever unchanging.

The sword princess used her superior speed to sidestep the charge but Revis just went right past her, making her realize she was not the target at all, something made all the more evident by the red haired creature's next move.

A thunderous punch that blasted apart the wind dome protecting Lefiya and Lulune.

Ais fired a powerful wind blade at Revis while chasing in at the same time but the red haired creature made no attempt to defend herself, letting the magic attack just hit her back, ripping open her clothes, while she reached for the jeweled fetus and took it.

After collecting her prize, she just ran for it with Ais hot on her tail, firing wind blade after wind blade with more and more power, tearing open gash after gash in the defenseless Revis' back but the red haired creature soon reached the river than ran through the floor and jumped in.

Unbeknownst to her, that was her best possible move as Ais was deathly afraid of water deep enough to swim in.

Seeing Revis actually collect the fetus and getting away, Nox was slightly surprised. He hadn't really thought she would be so successful, especially considering the way things were going but once he considered the matter more carefully, it was not really that surprising.

'Well then . . . Things did turn out differently from the original series that's for sure . . ." He thought before stealthily giving chase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR weeks ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novels Kage of Kages and FATE of DxD, do check them out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

7