Chapter 2 – Spiritual Tattoos
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tieshan, where is the great master you said?"

"Lower your voice. Don't disturb the great master!"

Noises mixed with excitement and curiosity came from far away.

Lin Xun swept his eyes over the crowd and set his eyes on a white-beard old man in the front. He was gaunt yet big-boned, showing some kind of dignity through his acts.

"Mm?"

Seeing Lin Xun standing afar, the old man abruptly stopped and the excitement on his face disappeared. He now looked confused and suspicious, as it never occurred to him "the great master" Tieshan mentioned would be such a young boy, who looked thin and inexperienced.

"Where is the great master, Tieshan? How come we only see a callow boy standing there?"

After they saw Lin Xun clearly, all the villagers following Tieshan looked suspicious.

Tieshan hastily exclaimed with embarrassment, "You folks, this young boy is the great master I talked about!"

His explanation, however, increased their suspicions, rendering things out of control.

"Excuse me? You believe this lad can cure your spiritual grains and bring you a bumper harvest? It's just nonsense!"

"Haha. Tieshan, you must have been fooled. How can an 11 or 12 year-old boy be a great master? Such a little boy has the ability to kill the sand-spot worms? The only thing he can do, I think, is to help irrigate your spiritual grains with his pee."

"Tieshan, how can you have the mood to joke around while all our spiritual grains are suffering from pests?"

The villagers were discontented, suspicious or angry. They were laughing at Tieshan, because in the subconscious they all thought he was fooled.

No wonder they thought so. Lin Xun was so young, and looked thin, a little bit pale and weak. It was hard for others to regard him as a great master.

The sudden chaos made Tieshan panic. He anxiously shouted, "Guys, I didn't lie. Please give him a chance. He will prove himself."

Unfortunately, the villagers, who felt scammed, had no desire to listen.

Lin Xun, despite such a big mess, completely ignored the peculiar stares and went straight to the old man. He asked, "If I'm not wrong, you must be the head of Feiyun Village?"

"Exactly," the old man nodded. He looked Lin Xun up and down with his eyes, from which one could tell he had gone through a lot. He was calm and almost emotionless.

"Will you agree to my terms?" Lin Xun continued to ask.

He may look young and immature, but he was extremely calm and unhurried. This unusual presence that was beyond his age impressed the old man.

He nodded, "If you really can help Tieshan slove the problem, I will allow you to stay."

Hearing this, most of the villagers were astonished and asked full of misgivings, "Head, do you really believe this young boy?"

The old man showed his bold vision as the village head at this moment. He waved his arm and said, "Everything in the world is worth a try. How can we know whether it will work or not if we don't give him a chance?"

Lin Xun smiled, knowing for sure a deal had been made. He then turned to Tieshan and asked, "Uncle, did you bring some food for me?"

Tieshan hastened to hand a large piece of dried beast meat and a leather bag filled with spring water to Lin.

Without one word, Lin Xun squatted on the ridge and began to gulp all the food down. The dried beast meat did not have much spiritual energy, but tasted good with salt and sauces.

Seeing him gobbling like a hungry ghost, the villagers burst into laughter, and their doubts increased. Was he only a little beggar cheating for food?

Now even Tieshan couldn't help getting suspicious of Lin, growing unease. If Lin Xun really were a fraud, Tieshan would lose face in front of everyone.

Only the old man was looking at Lin Xun with kindness and a little bit suspicion, thinking either this boy was a bold lair or he really got something.

Whichsoever he was, it was not easy to be so composed. His courage was for sure worth recognition.

Soon after Lin Xun wolfed down the large piece of beast meat, he drank the whole bag of spring water like a fish. He now felt refreshed all over.

"Little bro, shall we start now?" Tieshan couldn't help asking.

"Not yet," Lin Xun blurted out, looking up at the sky.

As time elapsed, darkness drew near from the horizon beyond.

Right before the villagers were going to lose their patience, Lin Xun started to take action after a long time in silence. He opened the old wooden case at his feet, took out a pale cyan dagger which was about 80cm long and 3 fingers wide, then walked into the spiritual land without hesitation.

The old man narrowed his eyes. Seeing the boy, he sensed something familiar; Lin Xun was steady, unhurried and focused at this moment, which reminded the village head of a vague memory that he nearly forgot deep in his heart.

The old village head promptly waved his arms to stop the villagers from complaining, "Be quiet and be patient."

All noises were gone in an instant. Everyone was looking at Lin Xun, still with kind of suspicion in their eyes. As they were not allowed to talk, some of the villagers made eye contact and then quietly scattered around the spiritual land in case that Lin Xun attempted to escape.

It seemed that Lin didn't notice these subtle changes. He fished out a golden broken bone which was tusk-like and thumb-thick from his inner pocket.

He then grasped the hilt of the cyan sword in his right hand, and scraped the broken bone with the edge, making some scratching sound.

Wisps of light gold powder drifted down from the broken bone to Lin Xun's palm. Not until his palm was covered thick by these light gold powders did he stop and put the broken bone back in his pocket.

After taking a deep breath, he squatted down, dipped his finger tip with some light gold powders and began to draw on the wet spiritual land.

At such a distance, the villagers could see clearly what he was doing.

His face was delicate and slightly pale. His eyes were concentrated and crystal clear. His finger, like a brush, was drawing crooked and intricate lines on the ground. His movements were as smooth and natural as floating clouds and flowing water. It was a real pleasure to watch.

The villagers, staring unblinkingly at Lin Xun and the mysterious light gold pattern which was not yet finished, were somehow shocked.

As ignorant as they were, they could still tell Lin Xun was doing something beyond their imagination.

The dedicated and determined look on his face, the swift and clean movements, as well as the light gold pattern which was about to be completed, virtually added a touch of mystery to Lin Xun.

Many villagers had unknowingly put their doubts to rest, while quite a few had been entirely convinced.

They may not understand, but this would not stop them from being amazed by Lin Xun's capability.

The old man trembled imperceptibly at what he saw, and finally came to a conclusion. This young boy may look weak and fragile, but what he was carving now was indeed spiritual tattoos!

0