Chapter 67 – Treasure in the Hall
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Compared to Keystone Business in Donglin Town, Keystone Business in Green-sun Tribe appeared insignificant.

When you entered, it was like in a gorgeous palace. Spacious and large, every place was filled with exquisite, antiquish and tasteful decorations.

With warm smiles, beautiful maids walked around the guests like butterflies flying among flowers. Their manners were neither servile nor arrogant.

Even for Lin Xun, who was dressed in plain and simple clothes, they were polite and impeccable in etiquette.

A maid took Lin Xun to the place where treasures were exchanged.

Soon, a treasure appraiser, who called himself Wang Lin, came over and talked with Lin Xun for a while. Then he took the Explosive-flame Saber to scrutinize it.

After a long time, Wang Lin looked up and said, “The Explosive-flame Saber, with much value, is a good stuff among the low-grade spiritual weapons of Human-rank. Sir, do you really intend to sell this treasure?”

Lin Xun nodded with a smile.

Wang Lin thought for a moment and said, "This treasure is worth 40 imperial silver coins. I don’t know if that price is satisfactory to you?”

Right then, Lin Xun took a look at the front of the counter where spiritual weapons were sold in Keystone Business and found that the average price of low-grade spiritual weapons of Human-rank was roughly between 30 and 80 imperial silver coins.

From this, it could be seen that the price offered by Wang Lin was neither high nor low.

Lin Xun didn't care about it. The reason he came here was to reach a long-term agreement with Keystone Business, which was also a payment for his debt of gratitude.

At that moment, a maid suddenly came and called Wang Lin aside to say something in a low voice. Soon, Wang Lin returned and apologetically said, "Wait a moment, sir. There is an urgent matter that needs to be dealt with."

Lin Xun nodded.

Wang Lin hurried away, but did not make Lin Xun wait long before he returned. However, Wang Lin seemed to have something on his mind and was somewhat absent-minded.

Lin Xun thought for a while and then took the initiative, saying, "Mr. Wang, this spiritual weapon..."

Before Lin Xun could finish speaking, Wang Lin waved his hand and said, "I'm sorry, we don’t do this business anymore. I hope you can forgive me."

“You don’t want to buy it?” Lin Xun frowned at once and felt a bit surprised. Why did this guy change his attitude so fast just after leaving?

"Sorry, please forgive me."

Wang Lin’s look became indifferent. This shocked Lin Xun, but he had started to figure out what had happened. However, holding back his displeasure, he got up and said, "In that case, I won't bother you anymore."

“Well, take care, sir.” Wang Lin's voice revealed alienation and indifference.

Lin Xun suddenly asked, "This is what Mu Wansu asked you to do?”

Wang Lin froze, and soon his face changed slightly and said, “Sir, what do you mean?”

Watching his expressions, Lin Xun knew the answer. He shook his head and said, "All right, all right.”

Without any hesitation, he strode away.

Wang Lin sat there in a daze for a long time, and finally gave out a long sigh and went away.

……

On the busy street, Lin Xun turned his head and glanced at the magnificent and majestic building of Keystone Business, and a self-mocking smile appeared on his lips.

Lin Xun knew darn well that Mu Wansu disliked him. Especially after Yan Zhen was used to suppress Wu Business last time, Mu Wansu became even more and more disgusted with him.

However, after all, he owed Keystone Business a favor which could be deemed as Shi Shuan's or Mu Wansu's.

Therefore, Lin Xun would not resent them for the refusal today. It was just a spiritual weapon. Now that they didn't want it, he could sell it to others.

“Mu Wansu still hates me. Doesn’t she worry that I am completely shameless and hold Shi Shuan’ s token to harass her again and again? How could she do this to me now? Regrettably, I’m not cheeky enough.”

Lin Xun shook his head with self-mockery. "All right. Judging from her attitude, I'm afraid she’s going to draw a clear line with me. In that case, I'll just stay away from Keystone Business."

Lin Xun stopped thinking about it and began pacing along the "800 Avenue", observing various shops on both sides of the street.

However, soon someone took the initiative to greet Lin Xun. It was a man who looked mediocre and unattractive, but his manner was quite diplomatic and steady.

"Sir, if I’m not guessing incorrectly, you just went to Keystone Business to sell a treasure?" The man cupped his hands with a smile, and his voice was mild and clear, giving people a comfortable feeling like a spring breeze.

This was natural characteristic, which was unconsciously revealed from speech and behavior. It made this mediocre man appear friendlier, and it was difficult to make others feel disgusted.

"Exactly." Lin Xun nodded.

"Let me guess again. You must have thought the price Keystone Business offered was not enough, so you didn't close the deal, did you?"

The man continued with a clear tongue and a warm smile.

"Right." Lin Xun nodded again. He had just carried a bundle into Keystone Business and carried it out again. As long as you had paid attention to that, you could assume what had happened.

The man smiled and then introduced himself, "My name is Gu Yanping and I run a shop called Golden Hall. If you don't mind, why don't you come to my shop so we can really talk?"

Lin Xun also smiled, "Since Manager Gu invited me so warmly, how could I not comply with your wish?”

Both of them laughed brightly.

……

Golden Hall was located at the west end of the "800 Avenue". Compared to the prosperous central area, this area was relatively quiet and cheerless.

Golden Hall was not big. It was only a two-story building with grey tiles. But upon entering, you found that although far from being comparable to Keystone Business, it was neat and elegant, showing originality everywhere.

But the only embarrassment was that when Lin Xun entered, he found that there was no other guest in Golden Hall except himself.

Gu Yanping looked calm and laughed, "It has been only a few days since the shop was opened, and the number of customers is still small. Please don’t laugh at my humble shop."

Not only was the number of guests small, but Lin Xun also saw that the items sold in the shop were insufficient.

Some counters were even empty, and only marked with names of the items.

If ordinary people entered the shop, they might have some doubts. Was this shop an empty shell?

At this point, Lin Xun roughly judged that Golden Hall could not compare with other businesses in terms of financial resources and background. Perhaps the only advantage was that the shop was located on "800 Avenue".

However, Gu Yanping's following words surprised Lin Xun a lot.

It could be seen that Gu Yanping looked unperturbed, and he said fully at ease, “Sir, I know you have many doubts in your mind. To tell you the truth, this shop is rented by me, and my financial capability only allows me to pay half a year's rent.”

Lin Xun was suddenly stunned, and after a long time, he said, "Why do you tell me this?"

Gu Yanping seriously said, “For doing business, ‘integrity’ is the keyword, which is the biggest advantage I have right now. I could not develop and strengthen Golden Hall without integrity. So, I dare not conceal anything from you.”

Lin Xun nodded and suddenly found that Gu Yanping was a wonderful person who showed his extraordinary ability of observation from the very beginning. His means of treating people was uncommon, sincere and tactful, making it impossible for people to show their distaste.

“In that case, please appraise the saber.” Lin Xu took out the Explosive-flame Saber and handed it to him.

Gu Yanping gladly agreed, and he took the Explosive-flame Saber. After looking at it carefully for a long time, he nodded, "It’s a good stuff among low-grade spiritual weapons of Human-rank, whose worth ranges from 30 to 80 imperial silver coins."

Lin Xun remembered Wang Lin’s evaluation in Keystone Business just now and couldn’t help nodding. It showed Gu Yanping’s treasure appraisal ability was good.

Then he said, "Forty imperial silver coins, then this saber will be yours."

Gu Yanping didn't expect Lin Xun to be so straightforward. Thinking for a moment, he decisively said, “I'm honored to be respected by you, but business is business. If I buy it, I will give you fifty imperial silver coins.”

Saying that, he fetched out a purse, and then he took out fifty imperial silver coins and handed them to Lin Xun, “Please accept it, sir.”

Lin Xun quietly put the money away and said, "Manager Gu, now I believe you are sincere in doing business with me. If I need a place to sell other spiritual weapons later, Golden Hall will be my first choice!"

Gu Yanping smilingly cupped one hand in the other, “Thank you for taking care of my business.”

Lin Xun nodded, and then left.

“Father, we don't have much money in our account.”

As soon as Lin Xun left, a teenager came out and said helplessly, "Why do you still spend so much money? I don't think it will be long before we have to close down this shop.”

The teenager named Gu Liang was Gu Yanping’ s only son. Gu Yanping didn’t agree with his son’s words, and he said, “Remember, Little Liang, doing business needs not only breadth of spirit and long-term version, but also the courage to cut off all means of retreat!”

After a pause, Gu Yanping said with a resolute look, "With the resources we have now, if we run the business within normal means, there is no way to survive at all, so we must be bold and take a chance. If we succeed, we will have a strong foothold in 800 Avenue."

Gu Liang couldn't help saying, "What if we fail?"

Gu Yanping was silent for a long time before he responded calmly, "Then we will pack up and leave. Since I was expelled from our home by those old guys in the Forbidden City, I have a thorough understanding of one thing - I must only depend on myself to get what I want!"

Saying that, he picked up the Explosive-flame Saber and walked into the inner chamber.

When it came to having been evicted from the family, a fire-like anger suddenly appeared in Gu Liang’s eyes, but as soon as it passed away, Gu Liang became calm.

In the inner chamber.

Gu Yanping’s demeanor was dedicated and unhurried. Like a different person, he stood at will and he raised the saber with his left hand. His eyes were full of absolute confidence, which made his mediocre appearance appear like a strange charm.

All of a sudden, the five fingers of his right hand, which was like a blooming lotus, were folded layer upon layer, and instantly formed a strange handprint which was gently imprinted on the surface of the Explosive-flame Saber.

Clang!

With a clear sound, flames like boiling lava suddenly emerged on the surface of the saber, burning brightly, and dispersing the darkness in the inner chamber. Gu Yanping's face glowed with the blaze.

“A good saber!”

Although it was a compliment, he looked calm and indifferent, without any other expressions on his face, as if he had been accustomed to such a sight for a long time.

At the same time, the five fingers of his right hand changed again, and his fingertips struck the surface of the Explosive-flame Saber in a unique rhythm like playing a zither.

Boom!

On the sharp tip of the saber, a brilliant light, red like sunset glow burst out, constantly huffing and puffing, and an extremely dangerous air spewed with its flashing.

“A good saber indeed!”

This time, however, Gu Yanping exclaimed in astonishment. The former look of an arrogant and calm face suddenly changed at that moment.

Read latest chapters -> Battling Records of the Chosen One

0