Chapter 73 – Getting Well-known in the Town
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This disturbance about “Peerless Saber” at Golden Hall finally ended near twelve forty-five.

After ascertaining the extraordinary value of the Explosive-flame Saber on the spot, many practitioners began to bid for it. Some even intended to bid with 800 imperial silver coins. But finally, a practitioner in the level of Gang Spirit Realm bought it at the price of 300 imperial silver coins.

A price of 300 imperial silver coins was exaggerated indeed and even more incredible for buying a low-grade spiritual weapon of Human-rank.

After all, on the current market such a spiritual weapon was worth between 30 to 80 imperial silver coins. 300 imperial silver coins were already enough to buy a high-grade spiritual weapon of Human-rank.

But a practitioner would regard this price reasonable once knowing the secret of the saber. Because the saber was so unique that it was impossible to find a second one in the whole empire.

The rarer a thing is, the more it is worth. A spiritual weapon was not ordinary anymore once owning a unique attribute.

As for Gu Yanping, a price of 800 imperial silver coins was too much. Anyhow, this Explosive-flame Saber was just one of the most ordinary spiritual weapons. A price of 300 imperial silver coins was fair and satisfactory.

And his act of selling it at a fair price won many practitioners’ compliment and approval, as well as promoted the reputation of Golden Hall.

After today’s event, Golden Hall undoubtedly gained ground in Donglin Town. But to stand firmly and long, it needed more efforts and painstaking operation.

All thanks to a saber!

Sitting in the inner chamber in Golden Hall, Gu Yanping couldn’t help recalling Lin Xun again. He said to himself, “This time, thanks to Keystone Business’s misjudgment, I obtained a great treasure that could turn the tables.”

“Father, I’ve contacted the suppliers and signed a cooperative contract with them.” Walking hastily in, Gu Liang said feverishly.

“Um.” Nodding absent-mindedly, Gu Yanping said, “Son, now we’d a nice beginning, but there will be troubles as well. The other businesses in the town would not see us blossom and do nothing.”

Gu Liang frowned with delightful mood vanishing gradually, “Father, in your opinion, what should we do next?”

Gu Yanping pondered and asked, “Do you remember the Childe selling the Explosive-flame Saber yesterday?”

Without hesitation, Gu Liang answered, “Of course I do.”

Taking a deep breath, Gu Yanping said, “Your next task is to find this Childe and invite him to Golden Hall for a talk.”

As if getting his father’s idea, Gu Liang nodded, “Don’t worry, father. That childe is our savior, I will definitely finish the task perfectly.”

Nodding his head, Gu Yanping suddenly sighed, “A treasure just brings temporary popularity. For sustainable development, we need much more treasures so that we can compete with other business. But it is easier said than done.”

Although the event was over, the gossips about what happened at Golden Hall were just brewing.

In just a few hours, nearly all the folks in Donglin Town knew the Peerless Saber Golden Hall sold was an Explosive-flame Saber.

Ordinary as the Explosive-flame Saber was, it shocked shopkeepers of top business such as Treasure Loft, Gold Collector and Wu Business, making them speechless and return in frustration without accomplishing anything.

Numerous practitioners vied fiercely for this Explosive-flame Saber and it was finally sold at a striking price of 300 imperial silver coins.

Golden Mansion was well-known now!

Golden Hall won a great reputation in the whole Donglin Town overnight, arousing myriad discussions and uproars.

And the discussion about the unique Explosive-flame Saber was even more rampant. Many practitioners aware of the fact were all full of praise about it and even renamed the Explosive-flame Saber as Flaming Spirit Saber!

As for the shopkeepers in Donglin Town, they cared more about which spiritual tattooist created the Flaming Spirit Saber and whether the spiritual tattooist was working for Golden Hall at present!

Making it clear, they would get to know Golden Hall to the fullest, thus be able to take some precautions and even suppressions against Golden Hall.

Or they could poach this mysterious spiritual tattooist to work for themselves with high payment, undermining the foundation of Golden Hall!

In the afternoon of that day, these shopkeepers all sent out respective scouts to pry into

the mysterious spiritual tattooist who refined the Flaming Spirit Saber. They seemed to make it stealthily, but still arouse a lot of attention.

For a while, the discussions about the mysterious spiritual tattooist” became a hot topic in Donglin Town.

As the initiator of the whole event, Lin Xun knew nothing about all this.

He bought more than ten kinds of finished spiritual ink and ordinary weapons just now. Although having bargained with the shopkeeper repeatedly, he finally paid 120 imperial silver coins for it all.

Walking out from the shop with only 9 imperial silver coins left, Lin Xun pained for his speed of spending money.

“Hoping that these stuff can be refined into treasures that sell for a good price…” Exhaling a long breath, Lin Xun walked to the civilian area along the street.

Passing by a busy tea house, Lin Xun accidently heard some news about the events happened at Golden

Hall. He felt a bit weird on hearing that the so-called “Peerless Saber” was merely an Explosive-flame Saber.

He vaguely remembered that there wasn’t a second Explosive-flame Saber when he sold his own at Golden Hall, could it be…

Lin Xun was in trance. That was a full amount of 300 imperial silver coins!

Not until he got home did he finally calm down a bit. Even if the Explosive-flame Saber was the one he had sold to Golden Hall the day before, it wouldn’t make any difference. The saber now belonged to the Golden Hall and had nothing to do with him however ridiculous price the it was sold.

 “You came back just in time, here is the information reported by Fatty Diao.” Walking out of the room, Shia Zhi handed a hide scroll to Lin Xun.

In no time, she took out a hide bag with melodious clatter of coins colliding, which immediately drew Lin Xun’s attention.

“It is the trophy, 200 imperial silver coins in total.” Shia Zhi said randomly.

Lin Xun was completely in a daze. Pointing at the scroll in his hand and then the bag with imperial silver coins, he asked, “Where do these come from?”

Thinking for a while, Shia Zhi immediately realized that although she had told all this to Lin Xun the night before, he had been cultivating and hadn’t heard it.

Shia Zhi, therefore, explained once more.

 The corners of Lin Xun’s mouth cramped involuntarily as it never occurred to him that, last night, Shi Zhi killed a gang boss, took over a crowd of heelers, and obtained a large amount of trophy. Moreover, she even sent out Fatty Diao to gather information of Clan of Wu!

After a long while, Lin Xun finally digested all the news and said, “Be careful hereafter.”

Shia Zhi nodded and said, “I am hungry.”

“I’ll go cook something”

Lin Xun turned around and walked to the kitchen with a complicated mind. Shia Zhi behaved out of his surprise once more, rendering him totally speechless.

Watching Lin Xun busy in the kitchen, a faint smile crept over the corners of Shia Zhi’s mouth but then disappeared immediately.

Turning back to her room, Shia Zhi whispered another name “Green Wolf” soundlessly, an epithet of a gang boss in another civilian area.

After dinner, Shia Zhi left home again.

Lin Xun didn’t stop her as he had changed his mind on Shia Zhi and no longer took her as a child.

Sitting in front of the table, Lin Xun opened the hide scroll, which listed all the information about Clan of Wu in an orderly manner.

There were three huge native forces in Donglin Town, respectively, Clan of Wu, Clan of Shiao and Clan of Jin.

Wu Business, Treasure Loft and Gold Collector respectively managed by them were all top shops in the whole Donglin Town with great force, taking up almost half of the total commercial profit in the town.

According to the information, with hundreds of direct families, thousands of guards, boundless expanse of spiritual lands and dozens of various kinds of mines, Clan of Wu controlled the trade in spiritual grains so firmly that almost all the merchant trading spiritual grains had to stock from it.

Besides, there were three overmatches in the level of Gang Spirit Realm working for Clan of Wu!

A master in the level of Gang Spirit Realm might seem nothing in the whole Ziyao Empire but could be called a big shot owning everything he wanted in such a town locating in the border of southwestern province.

Wu Chaoqun, the current leader of Clan of Wu, was an overmatch at Spirit Transformation, the ninth level of Martial Realm. Being experienced and astute, he was really a marvelous figure.

Wu Yunshan, the big Elder of Clan of Wu, was a medium-stage overmatch in the level of Gang Spirit Realm.

The second Elder Wu Yushan was a preliminary-stage overmatch in the level of Gang Spirit Realm.

And the third Elder Wu Lanshan was also a preliminary-stage overmatch in the level of Gang Spirit Realm.

Soon, Lin Xun had a basic idea of the force and background owned by Clan of Wu and couldn’t help feeling astonished.

He never expected that Clan of Wu possessed such a solid foundation, indeed a dominator in Donglin Town.

Besides these, there were also some other information about Lian Fei on the scroll, but mostly unnecessary and useless for Lin Xun.

“Clan of Wu…Lian Fei…”

Lin Xun was lost in thought.

After pondering a lot, Lin Xun finally made a conclusion that he himself was far from a threat to Clan of Wu. It was Keystone Business that they really feared, forcing them to deal with him stealthily and limiting the power they could use.

This judgement was essential to keep Lin Xun from getting confused and panic, providing him sufficient time and chance to prepare for some countermeasures.

However, Lin Xun was also clear that he would be in danger once Clan of Wu knew that Mu Wansu had drawn a line with him.

“It seems that I have to hurry up!” Lin Xun took a deep breath, his handsome and angular face looking firm and determined under the bright candle lights.

Read latest chapters -> Battling Records of the Chosen One

0