Chapter 77 – Breakthrough in Fight
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A delicate young figure walked out of the darkness.

It was obviously a little girl. Her fair chin was bright and smooth, shining in the dim starlight.

Was it true that their opponent should be such a kid?

Black Widow couldn’t believe it.

Whoosh!

In a twinkling, Black Widow felt a pain in the nape, like being clamped by a cramp, losing all energy, and then realized that she was lifted up.

From beginning to end, she didn’t have time to respond at all!

A terrific horror occurred to Black Widow. With a cultivation at the seventh level of Martial Realm, she was a professional killer with quite a reputation in Donglin Town. This was the first time she was defeated overwhelmingly, merely by a little girl!

How was it even possible?

Black Widow was in a daze.

Shortly afterwards, Shia Zhi had returned home, carrying Black Widow. She randomly dropped Black Widow on the ground and then focused on the center of the yard.

Over there, Lin Xun was fighting with Du Shiao fiercely, with buzzing air and flying dirt.

With florid pale cyan light shining on the blade of Sky Breacher, Lin Xun exerted Six-word Saberplay to the fullest. His moves were ruthless, swift and agile.

But his opponent Du Shiao was not weak at all. On the contrary, his fighting manner was even fiercer than Lin Xun, pretty aggressive and fearless.

Using a lathy awl as weapon, Du Shiao fought with flexible, tricky and intricate movements, forcing Lin Xun to evade and defend himself sometimes.

Standing quietly aside in the yard, Shia Zhi didn’t intend to offer help at all.

Beside her, having gave up the attempt to run away totally, Black Widow watched the fighting with expression changing constantly.

“Who do you think will win?”

The voice arose nearby shocked Black Widow. With a glimpse of Shia Zhi, she couldn’t see her face clearly, but she could feel pressure like a mountain pressing on her back and forcing her not to move at all.

Taking a deep breath, Black Widow said from her gritting teeth, “Du Shiao is at the seventh level of Martial Realm and his special fighting skill ‘Cirrus-cloud Prick’ has reached Accuracy. That young boy, merely at the fifth level of Martial Realm, was inexperienced in fighting, although subtle in technique. If nothing else…”

Black Widow dared not say anymore.

It seemed to her that Du Shiao was doomed to death even if he won the fight, for the existence of this mysterious and formidable little girl.

Thinking of this, she felt a sense of despair. This time, not only Du Shiao, but she herself would be very likely to die.

With a random glimpse, she saw a dead body lying in front of a collapsed wall in the corner of the yard.

It was just her another partner “Old Frown”.

This scene upset Black Widow again. With a cultivation at the eighth level of Martial Realm, Old Frown was actually an unusual overmatch with great fighting capacity. He once successfully killed a practitioner at the ninth level of Martial Realm, which making him well-known as a veteran killer in Donglin Town ever since.

Now, however…this scary and daunting Old Frown became a dead body!

How grisly fighting capacity this little girl owned?

An unquenchable confusion emerged in Black Widow’s heart.

“If nothing else, your partner will lose in the duel for sure.”

Watching the battlefield without a blink, Shia Zhi said with a tranquil expression, “Can’t you see it? Lin Xun has gradually adapted to the fighting and is about to break through and rise to a higher level.”

Breakthrough?

Being deeply shocked, Black Widow looked into the battlefield. Sure enough, she found that the young man seemed to be suppressed but was actually getting better in saberplay and severer in temperament as the fighting continued.

His Qi, particularly, like soaring smoke and boiling flood, made thunderous sounds along with his every action.

Wisps of white mist pervaded around him, omening blood to be burning, which was also a sign of breaking through to Blood Burning, the sixth level of Martial Realm!

“He is actually going to break through in fighting. What an extremely thick and strong cultivation base he has!”

Black Widow was totally amazed.

She had noticed Shia Zhi was a formidable person while ignored Lin Xun. Seeing this scene now, she suddenly realized that she underestimated this young boy.

It was marvelous for him to keep fighting with Du Shiao till now. Any ordinary practitioner at the fifth level of Martial Realm would have been killed by Du Shiao easily already. 

And now, he seemed to plan to exceed himself according to the fighting air he released. Whoever could get here deserved to be called a remarkable genius of many ages in ten thousand!

As far as Black Widow knew, Wu Lingcong, the second place in the Nation Test three years ago, had promoted his level to Gang Spirit Realm in fighting, for which even the emperor praised, “In terms of martial cultivation in the world, the second place is one of the best.”

At that time, the first and third place in the Nation Test were respectively Young Sword King Shie Yutang and Song Shinglie, who were all famous outstanding talents, but only Wu Lingcong received the emperor’s great praise!

Although at the fifth level of Martial Realm at present, this young boy was far not comparable to those outstanding talents like Wu Lingcong, the fact that he could show the omen of breakthrough during fighting was already enough to shock the world.

It was difficult for Black Widow to calm down. A young boy and a little girl, one is scarier than the other. Compared with them, she couldn’t help feeling frustrated.

Incomparable!

“Your partner is going to lose the battle.”

Shia Zhi said abruptly, waking Black Widow up to look at the battlefield. It was clear that although kept attacking fiercely, Du Shiao was gradually unable to suppress Lin Xun.

Roaring with surprise and exasperation, Du Shiao was also unexpected that his opponent was such a tough guy.

Giving out a long roar, Du Shiao pushed his awl on the hand out abruptly, ready to put up a desperate fight.

Meanwhile, a dazzling red rose out of Lin Xun’s skin, as if a furnace erupted abruptly in his body.

In a split second, as the air around him increased swiftly, Lin Xun, as if a phoenix who embraced his rebirth by nirvana, totally reincarnated into another person.

He should break through to the next level!

Being totally shocked, Black Widow lost her wits and couldn’t believe that such an unusual thing should be done by this young boy…

“It is impossible! You…you…”

Seeming to be shocked too, Du Shiao looked ferocious and especially reluctant to accept the reality.

Bang!

Meanwhile, Du Shiao’s awl was heavily struck to fly out by Lin Xun with his sharp saber. As that huge power led to the fracture of Du Shiao’s wrist, Du crashed to the ground heavily with screeching.

Puff!

Lin Xun leaped forward and cut Du Shiao’s weasand open straightly, with warm and scarlet blood spurting in the night, beautiful and breathtaking.

Gasping heavily, Lin Xun had a glimpse of Shia Zhi and then sat cross-legged for meditation concentratedly.

This fight which just stopped, really drawn-out and extremely dangerous, could be called a battle of life and death.

Even Lin Xun had to admit that Du Shiao was the strongest among those opponents he had ever met so far. With a two-level higher cultivation and rich experience in fighting, Du Shiao was definitely not an ordinary practitioner.

In the latter part of the fighting, Lin Xun nearly exhausted his all spiritual energy, which was extremely dangerous.

Fortunately, he finally seized the opportunity to break through to the next level at a crucial moment and turned things around.

Although Lin Xun killed Du Shiao, breakthrough in fighting made his blood burn like a boiling furnace and soaring spiritual energy dash around madly like a horse without rein. If he failed to control the spiritual energy as soon as possible, he would eventually fall into the danger of going in evil way.

Being solemn and calm in the evening, Lin Xun concentrated on cultivation totally.

Without caring all this, Black Widow watched Du Shiao’s dead body dully, with dejection and hopelessness on her beautiful face.

After Old Frown, Du Shiao was dead as well…

Had she known this, she wouldn’t have taken this assassination deal!

Black Widow thought bitterly. Next, it should be my turn.

“Speak out the manipulator who hired you, and I’ll let you go right away.” Shia Zhi said softly in a calm and ethereal voice aside.

But as for Black Widow, she was chilled from top to toe and knew that she was going to die soon.

“I am just an assassinator who kills people as required, and it’s beyond our range to know the hirer’s identity. Just kill me as you wish.” Black Widow said depressingly with a pale face.

She didn’t know indeed, and she could say nothing more even they didn’t believe in her. She had prepared to die upon a failed mission since the moment she became an assassinator.

This was an ordeal for every qualified assassinator.

After a short silence, Shia Zhi said, “You can go now.”

For a second, Black Widow almost couldn’t believe it. She asked in hesitation after a long trance, “You really want to let me go?”

“Killing you makes little sense.” Shia Zhi said indifferently.

She had thought the opponent to be softhearted. However, upon hearing this reason, Black Widow found bitterly that they didn’t want kill her just because they looked down on her.

What did “making little sense” mean?

That meant her death counted for nothing to others!

“Thanks a lot.”

After a long silence, Black Widow stood up and gave a salute to Shia Zhi. Then she pointed at the dead bodies of Du Shiao and Old Frown afar, “Since they all died already, may I take their dead bodies away for burial?”

Shia Zhi glanced at her in surprise and then nodded, “That can’t be better.”

After saluting Shia Zhi again deeply, Black Widow, with the two dead bodies, disappeared in dark night soon.

“Clan of Wu? Or could it be Lian Fei?”

Guarding Lin Xun, Shia Zhi kept in silence, with indifference and coldness in her black eyes.

In the ten days, both she and Lin Xun were waiting for a chance to kill Lian Fei. Unfortunately, according to the information reported by Fatty Diao, Lian Fei had been staying at Donglin School all along.

Unexpectedly, the opponent had sent out killers before she and Lin Xun could take any action…

“Whoever it is, he shall pay the price by death!”

Raising her head, with strands of black hair which slipped out of the hood flying in the cold wind, the little girl revealed a killing intent on her tranquil and beautiful fair face.

Read latest chapters -> Battling Records of the Chosen One

0