Chapter 79 – Armed to the Teeth
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Black Widow didn’t come to take revenge; out of their surprise, she meant to deliver some important information.

“I heard that Tiger Lyu will dispatch his guys to kill you. If you trust me, just leave here as soon as possible.”

Without hesitation, she left hurriedly after saying this.

Lin Xun was in a daze and then closed the door, sighing with emotion, “She is considerate in return, but what a pity, she is an assassinator.”

Shia Zhi replied seriously, “It seems the failure yesterday firmed their resolution to wipe us out, instead of making them behave.”

With a solemn face, Lin Xun frowned and said, “I'm wondering who this Tiger Lyu is.”

“I know him.”

Speaking thoughtlessly, Shia Zhi continued, “He was one of the rare strong practitioners in the Gang Spirit Realm in the Civilian Area, as well as the leader of the biggest gang named Black Tiger. It’s said there are thousands of members in this gang, among which there are three hundred practitioners.”

She took a sip of tea and then continued, “I intend to annex Black Tiger after a while, but now they’re just self-defeating.”

Raising his eyebrows, Lin Xun said, “That accounts for it. The Clan of Wu really thinks highly of us to even ask the help of a gang leader in the Gang Spirit Realm for overpowering us.”

Shia Zhi scorned, “Tiger Lyu is unremarkable. He was said to break through the Gang Spirit Realm at his fifties. What a poor intelligence. He loves money more than life, no wonder the Clan of Wu asks him for help.”

For the first time, Lin Xun found the decision Shia Zhi made was not a mistake. With the integration of Shuang Mu and annexing of two gangs nearby, they got not only abundant trophies, but also related information, which enabled Lin Xun to know the influence of Clan of Wu within the shortest time, and made Shia Zhi reveal the details of Tiger Lyu immediately.

“Do you believe the Black Widow?” Lin Xun asked.

Shia Zhi stood up and answered, “I will send our people to find out the truth in Tiger Lyu’s territory.” Then, she walked out of the yard.

After the duration of a burning joss stick, Shia Zhi came back with the news that Tiger Lyu was assembling his manpower. It was very easy to tell he was planning to do something.

Knowing all this, Lin Xun said, “It seems if we don’t leave now, there will be a fierce battle tonight.”

Shia Zhi quested, “You’re afraid?”

With a touch of killing intention in his black eyes, Lin Xun replied, “We have been attacked in quick succession for a period now. Won’t it make us look cowardly if we do not fight back?”

Nodding her head, Shia Zhi echoed, “That’s it.”

At dusk, Lin Xun was all set.

Although he was still in coarse clothes, there was something special inside.

There was a pair of dimgrey scapulas named “Yunshan” on his shoulders. Inscribed with Defend-soil Spiritual Tattoo, the scapulas owned superbly defensive power.

On the wrists, he wore a pair of green bracers called “Pojun” with Vast Flowing Spiritual Tattoo, which not only protected the wrists, but also aided in transferring the spiritual energy inside and strengthening the power of it when coordinating with weapons.

On the upper body, he wore a soft armour called “Dielin” which was covered with layers of fine iron. With Thousand Vortex Spiritual Tattoo on it, it could absorb and defuse the attack power of the enemies as a spiritual weapon.

On his feet, there was a pair of Flying Spiritual Boots with Gusty-wind Spiritual Tattoo to enhance his agility and speed.

What’s more, there was a longbow in his hand, looking pitch-black and rough. The arch was refined with ten more materials and the bowstring was made with the chine tendon of a monster known as thorny-tailed mammoth.

Lin Xun called it Spiritual Arm and inscribed Gold-cracking Spiritual Tattoo on it.

Besides, there were thirty Burning Arrows with Explosive-flame Spiritual Tattoo hidden in his storage ring.

More than that, a Flaming Spirit Saber was hung on his waist.

There were all model spiritual weapons which could be easily found on the market. However, as spiritual weapons, they surely cost a lot.

However, for Lin Xun, these weapons cost not even a penny because he refined them by himself with many normal weapons and spiritual ink.

It was worth mentioning that he just failed once while making these weapons, and the culprit was just a rat which ran into the room suddenly and disturbed him, leading to a mistake when he inscribed the spiritual tattoos.

Should any other spiritual tattooist know his nearly 100 percent success rate, they would be insane.

However, Lin Xun had got used to it and felt unsurprised at all.

Under the setting sun, Lin Xun armed and equipped himself well and was ready to any fight.

Next to him, Shia Zhi was carrying the bone spear with a simple black wind coat, and the cap shaded her beautiful and fair face.

“Let’s go.” Lin Xun took a breath in and walked out.

“Wait, someone is coming.” Shia Zhi frowned and said with a cold killing intention in her ethereal voice.

Walking along a narrow, long and shady lane, Gu Liang felt a little anxious.

A few days ago, his father, Gu Yanping asked him to find out the guy who sold the Flaming Spirit Saber. Though he thought it was easy, he got nothing after running around all bustling areas in Donglin Town, which was really out of his expectation.

Even worse, he couldn’t ask anyone for help since both he and Golden Hall were supervised closely by other trading firms. Shiao Yuanzhong, the shopkeeper of Treasure Loft, even stated that he would reward anyone who could provide any information about that mysterious spiritual tattooist with a large sum of money.

In such a condition, it was not hard to tell many detectives in the town must have been watching Golden Hall secretly since only the people here knew who made that saber.

Thus every time Gu Liang went out, he must be really cautious in case he was followed by others. Unfortunately, not until today did he realize he was totally wrong when searching for the mysterious spiritual tattooist.

He needed to thank his father Gu Yanping who guessed Lin Xun was not from a rich family judging by his ordinary coarse clothes. Besides, as a practitioner, Lin Xun even exchanged money with the Flaming Spirit Saber, so his life must be in a bind. According to all these details, Lin Xun shouldn’t be living in the bustling areas in town, instead, he must live in the Civilian Area.

As expected, Gu Liang got the news later that a young boy recently moved to Courtyard 49 deep in a lane as a new tenant.

Things were confirmed, which also made Gu Liang a little annoyed. If he could pay more attention to the details, how could he hustle for nothing all these days?

Getting rid of his remorseful feelings, when Gu Liang got to Courtyard 49, he knocked the door politely.

Then a familiar face appeared as the door opened, which thrilled Gu Liang. He was right this time!

“Hi, I’m Gu Liang, son of the shopkeeper of Golden Hall. It’s my pleasure to see you.” Gu Liang introduced himself politely.

Lin Xun was in a daze. He never thought the son of Golden Hall’s shopkeeper would visit him at the moment.

But soon, he got the reason why he visited him and asked directly, “You are here for purchasing spiritual weapons?”

Never thinking Lin Xun would be so straightforward, Gu Liang was also a little stupefied, and then he smiled calmly, “You are really intelligent. Assigned by my father, I just come here for the spiritual weapons.”

Lin Xun pondered for a while and replied, “I’m afraid it’s not a good time now since I have to deal with something today. Is it ok if I pay you a visit some other day?”

How could Gu Liang leave with nothing after a prolonged searching, so he answered, “Er, could I stay here and wait for you?”

Lin Xun’s brow knitted together and then he replied, “You’d better leave as soon as possible. After a while, bad things may happen here and you could die because of it.”

Being a little shocked in the heart and feeling that Lin Xun was not kidding, Gu Liang thought for a while and then agreed, “That being the case, I will pay another visit tomorrow.”

Then he turned around and left quickly.

Almost at the same time, Lin Xun shut off the gate and then leaped over the backwall of the yard with Shia Zhi. They ran fast along the lane and then disappeared quickly.

It was at dusk. The setting sun burned like a fire and tinted the sky into dark red as blood. A flock of raven cawed wretchedly in mid air, making a strident and appalling sound.

When darkness fell, the atmosphere around Courtyard 49 house was cold and cheerless, without any noise of wild cats or dogs.

The cold wind was blowing with moaning sounds in the air as if weeping and complaining.

Soon, the deathly stillness and depressing atmosphere were disturbed by a burst of footsteps. Overlooked from the sky, thickly dotted shadows emerged from every quarter like tidewater, running towards Courtyard 49.

More than six hundred people with tight clothes looked fierce and ominous there. A shrewd and experienced practitioner could easily tell there were even many practitioners among them.

They were obviously from the Black Tiger Gang.

As evening came and darkness shadowed the sky, Tiger Lyu appeared among the crowd.

Though over sixty, he looked stalwart and strong with his pale hair well combed. The scars on the face made him more ferocious. And his grey eyes were filled with cruelness like a wolf’s.

In the civilian Area, the Black Tiger Gang was the most powerful one among the underground gangs. And Tiger Lyu enjoyed the supreme status in the gang. No wonder many people regarded him as the underground ruler of the civilian Area.

At that moment, standing with his hands on the back, Tiger Lyu set his eyes on the closed gate of Courtyard 49 with a cold smile at the corners of his mouth.

For this mission, someone offered a first-class spiritual weapon and thousands of silver coins for the killing of this young boy called Lin Xun.

Tiger Lyu accepted without hesitation. Well, he was not that stupid and understood the target this time was difficult to cope with given the reward he got. That was why he came in person, and another five hundred gang members.

Tiger Lyu believed they could even sweep away the whole Civilian Area with this crowd, let alone kill one young man.

“My master, the brothers who tailed them informed me the guy didn’t go out at all today, so he must be at home now.” A scout reported quickly.

Tiger Lyu nodded and waved his hand, saying, “Let’s do it.”

The cold and stern voice was like a signal, pulling open the curtain of a battle in the dark night.

Read latest chapters -> Battling Records of the Chosen One

0