63 : Whispering Devil
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuen Zhou looked intently at the law fragment she had carved on the ground after replenishing her qi reserve. She hadn't learned the language of laws in her past life. But still, she felt that all the law fragments she could possibly come up with using the provided alphabets would be a bit different from what one would expect from a contract type law.

Is it me who is lacking ? Or are the provided alphabets just not suitable for the creation of a contract type law fragment ?

Regardless, Yuen Zhou didn't see anything to be wary of for now. And so she proceeded with the second step, bringing out an emerald orb to connect it to the law fragment on the floor.

As soon as the mental connection was established, she activated the law fragment using a trickle of her recently replenished qi.

The law fragment gave off a faint red glow for a moment. It was a law that could be used for 'suppression' as well as establishing a mental port for the exchange of information between two parties. Despite doing her best, she couldn't make it resemble a contract any more than that without more alphabets to work with.

"Good job ! Excellent work right there ! Now why don't you sit down and have a conversation with me regarding the entire process ?"
The silver statue exclaimed in surprise.
Yuen Zhou immediately looked around for a place to sit down. The law fragment would affect her if she were to touch it. Yet for some reason, she felt that it didn't matter much whether it affected her or not.

Setting her worries aside, Yuen Zhou sat down right on top of the law fragment she had painstakingly created. Immediately, a heady sensation of weakness and an urge to fall asleep assaulted her senses.

The floor was so warm and comfortable! Yuen Zhou wanted nothing more than to lie down and relax.

"Good ! How do you feel ?" A silky voice asked her.

"Very comfortable !" She answered slowly. Thinking up an answer took her a while.

"Ah, that's wonderful. Do you want to be even more comfortable? I can help you with that ."

Yuen Zhou nodded weakly. Even more comfortable than her current situation? That would be heavenly !

"Then carefully try to hear the sounds I'm making ! The more you understand, the more comfortable you'll become ."
The voice had changed from its initial commanding tone into a slippery, soft voice that made one want to keep listening to it. And Yuen Zhou wasn't an exception to this.

As she strained her ears, a joyful melody of fluttering wings and rustling sounds filled her mind. She felt even more comfortable than before ! The fluttering sound felt incredibly pleasant to hear. The more she listened, the heavier her head became.

"Seeing how much you like this comfortable feeling, why don't you try and see if you can memorize the sounds and the sense of comfort you're experiencing right now ?"

The ringing voice behind her ears whispered gently. Yuen Zhou found the suggestion very reasonable.

So she tried her best to capture the frequency of the fluttering sound. There was a certain rhythm to it, she realized. Almost similar to the hypnotism techniques she frequently used in her past life. How many demons had she subjugated with the constant rhythm that weakened their mental defenses ? Now she understood why it worked that well...

"Ah, I can see that you have memorized it quite well ! Now how about you fall asleep with the sound playing in your mind ? Think about how comfortable sleeping like that would be."

Yuen Zhou opened her eyes.

...... ...... .......

Qian Yun felt his mind filling up with some strange thoughts.

The silver giant was incredibly majestic, to the point where he wanted to bow down in front of it in fear and awe.

Even though it wore a metal helmet that covered its face, Qian Yun felt that its expression right now was furious.

What had he done wrong ? He did his best to come up with a law fragment that would resemble the principles behind the contracts he wielded so frequently. Granted, the alphabets he had to work with were rather strange and the law he had come up with failed to reach the perfection he wanted, but it should definitely be as good a result one can achieve in his shoes, right ?

"That's an interesting piece of law fragment you've come up with, little one," the giant spoke slowly.

Qian Yun felt his heart filling up with joy. So it was just his misconception! The giant emperor was satisfied with his performance.

"But it's still not good enough to meet my expectations. Shouldn't you be more proficient with laws compared to your peers ? This law fragment looks hardly any different from what random cultivators from nowhere are creating in the rest of the test grounds. How disappointing!"

Qian Yun felt his heart clench. It wasn't fair ! The alphabets he had been provided with were the sort with a very narrow usage. The law fragment he had come up with was already pushing the limits. It couldn't possibly get better than that.

But before he could speak out in his defense, the giant interrupted him.

"It doesn't matter what you think of my evaluation. If you're trying to claim that the test is unfair, then you should have the guts back your words up, boy."

Qian Yun bowed his head, his teeth clenched. He had come this far, would he back down now ?

"Tell me, little one, do you dare use your own law fragment on yourself ? Do you have that much confidence on your own proficiency?"
The silver giant said, a hint of ridicule surfacing in its tone.

Qian Yun silently took out an emerald orb with a determined expression on his face. Seconds later, the mental connection between the law fragment and the power source was established. With a deep breath, Qian Yun stepped forward and put his foot on the law fragment.

A blue glow appeared in the grooves of the law fragment, and Qian Yun felt as if his mind had suddenly been freed from some sort of a cage, now to free to fly out, as well as susceptible to invasion.

Countless intangible tendrils of thoughts and emotions appeared in his mind. The thoughts brought along a painful sensation he couldn't explain, other than that it was the most painful sensation he had ever experienced.
Amidst the chaos a voice as smooth as silk guided him along, its influence getting deeper and deeper till it was his only only clutch to sanity.

Qian Yun grabbed onto that voice and felt everything slowly calming down. The pain was lessening, but the thoughts and emotions hadn't disappeared.

Qian Yun felt a chill on his palms and opened his eyes. Looking down on his palms, he saw a pattern of countless moving dots of black ink colouring his hands like tattoos.

Concentrating hard on his palms, he could make out a certain word forming occasionally due to the not so random movement of the dots. It said-

NIGHT

The silver giant in front of him was no longer moving, but that didn't bother Qian Yun in the slightest. For some reason, he felt that he knew this hall very well. He could pinpoint the exact law fragment that he needed to activate to leave this place swiftly.

But why did he want to leave this place ? Qian Yun couldn't help but become startled at this sudden question that stemmed from the depth of his mind.

Indeed, why ? He wanted to obtain the real cultivation technique of the Sentient Contract type laws, right ? He would bring it back to his family and become the hero...

Hmm ? But I already have acquired the real manual for the Sentient Contracts type law techniques ! Racking his brain, Qian Yun could remember a large amount of texts that he had memorized at some point. From the looks of it, he had already obtained the technique...? When did that happen-

Feeling quite confused, Qian Yun stood still, contemplating his situation and what he was supposed to do now.

Wait a minute, I should protect the platform from being harmed ! How did I forget about this? Qian Yun didn't know why he couldn't remember such an important job.

"I must make haste. If there are any outsiders with ill intentions, I need to detain them immediately. The purification process must not be interrupted. "

2