Chapter 14 – Raina, the Little Cold Maid
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three small shadows wandering through Varista forest.

Arc and Misha arrived to the woods exit, to an open field. From behind, Raina silently following them.

For whichever reason, the cold savage girl decided to follow Arc and Misha. Arc wondering what Raina thinking off behind her cold expression.

“Seems here… We’re arrived in the place, Misha.”

“Are you sure this is the right place, Arc?”

“…”

“Well, that was marked on the map. I’m sure here was the right place.”

Clarified Arc, spreading the map to Misha.

“Okay, let’s pray you’re not wrong, Arc.”

“Could you don’t jinx us, Misha?”

“…”

“Pfft, ahaha! Arc, do you believe sort of thing?”

“Yes, I do.”

“…”

“Please don’t answer that with such straight face.”

They stood in the open plain, the place that marked on the map.

Last night, Duke Saffron told them the rescue plan. With the connection of [Whispering Orb], Misha position could be roughly traced. Misha told to go nearest plain from her position as pick up location. Then, send a signal once she arrives there.

“Well, I’ll send the signal now.”

“Now!? Misha, wait a min––“

Arc hasn’t finished his sentence yet, Misha already moved.

Misha took a small stick out of her bag, directed it toward sky. The stick glowed, rocketing a green orb to the sky, companied by loud shrill voice.

Green smoke gushing out from the orb. It’s color clearly stand out in the sky, points out their position remotely.

“…You’ve done it, again…”

“Sorry Arc, I did quite catch that. What you wanted to say?”

“Nothing, it was useless.”

“?”

Misha tilted at Arc murmur.

“…”

“…So, what we do now? Just have to wait here?”

“Yes, we have to wait until they caught the signal.”

“How long we must wait?”

“Well, not long from what I’m heard.”

“Not long, huh? That too vague, Misha.”

Arc and Misha observing the wide sky with anticipation. According Duke Saffron plan, the rescuer would come from the sky.

Honestly, Misha truly looking forward with the rescuer after heard the plan. That because she got rare chance to fly in another world sky. She was imagining what kind method they would use to fly.

“…By the way, Misha?”

“What?”

“…”

“It looks like your jinx worked. We are got company.”

“Huh?”

“…”

There’s slight riot in the forest.

Coming out from surrounding wood, the monster soon gathers, swarmed the area around them, as they attracted by the signal in the sky.

‘Grrrr!’

‘Gyaa!’

‘Hyaa!’

The monsters drooled by the sight of children in front of them, treating them as tempting and easy preys. From monster viewpoint, Arc and Misha just weak small human, human meat was delicious and nourishing for them, it was great temptation for monster couldn’t miss if they saw weak human wandered in their nest.

“…”

“Ugh, how could they gather here?”

“Isn’t it obvious, the signal would attract monsters looking how stood and loud out it is.”

“Why you not warn me, Arc?”

“I’m, but you moved before I have chance.”

“Oh, sorry for the trouble then.”

“Don’t worry, I have already used with this.”

Misha shoots a glare hearing Arc word.

“Arc… you told me as if I’m often messed up with the situation.”

“Are you not? You pretty much careless whenever you are relaxed, Misha.”

Arc genuinely surprised with Misha remark. He told his view about her in their daily.

“Ugh!”

Misha heart felt like stabbed in the heart, listening the low opinion of her servant. It was news to her of how Arc viewing her. Misha admits she was pretty careless, but being frankly told on her face was somewhat uncomfortable.

Even upon the swarm of monster, Arc and Misha having nonchalant attitude. Their sense of danger haves been numbed after chased by another monster swarm consecutively. If another child placed in their place, they had long cried in fear upon monster arrival.

“…”

Coldly watching the surrounding monsters, Raina, who hearing Arc and Misha carefree conservation from the side, maintaining her expressionless. The sight no longer terrifying as she used by living in the forest.

The monster halted their track when they saw Raina. They recognized her as she was the savage human that killed many of their kinds. The monsters no longer carelessly approaching them under Raina presence.

“Oh, they are stopped.”

“However, our situation hasn’t change. What should we do now?”

Their situation was stalemated, Misha wondering what they could do to break out their predicament. As if answering her plead, a thunderous roar coming from the sky.

‘ROAARRR!’

“Seems like we don’t need do anything.” Arc comment.

The monsters quickly dispersed after heard the roar, as if they found their natural predator coming for them.

The children watch the sky, seeing the source of the roar.

“It’s uncle Jug, Arc!”

“Yes, I see him. Wow, he riding a wyvern.”

“…”

The vision of old butler riding a wyvern emerging in their view. He not wearing his usual butler unform, but knight armor. His heroic appearance was dazzling to look at.

“Young Lady! Are you there!!”

“I’m here, uncle Jug!!”

Misha responded uncle Jug loud yell with same loud yell. She waving her hand, showing where she is.

With this Arc could relax a bit, as their rescuer came to pick them. Pulled them out of trouble.

 

*****

***

*

 

“Whooaaa! Arc, Arc, we’re flying!”

“I could see that, Misha.”

“…”

Screamed Misha excitedly to Arc as they drifted through the sky. Actually, this wasn’t her first-time fly in the sky, as she had ridden the plane in previous life. But she found, riding a wyvern to flying in the sky was very different experience than flying with plane.

Arc too fairly excited like Misha at beginning. However, like his head splashed with a bucket of cold water, Arc maximized his guard toward Misha, as he found she being too excited. Arc fearing Misha might clumsily drop herself down from wyvern in the moment of careless.

Raina like usual, watching the surround in silent. Arc found it would challenge to stir her expression.

Uncle Jug thrown questioning gaze at Misha upon realized Raina presence. He was facepalmed when he known Misha brought a strange with her. Then, Uncle eyes widened the moment he was found Raina is a Warrior. 

Uncle Jug escorting the party directly toward Myrdiana capital, Myrd city.

On the way, Misha informed by uncle Jug that her family has already left first to capital. Leaving her alone in the forest, as they showing a degree trust that Misha will be okay. Then, using their connection in the capital, they rented a wyvern for uncle Jug to pick her up.

Understanding the circumstance, Misha felt like wants to cry and guilty as she troubled her family… again.

“Save you from trouble then, Young Miss.” Uncle Jug said when he saw Misha’s guilt.

Misha speechless when she heard that, even more as Arc nodded alongside with him.

They journey went safely without any addition incident.

And they Arrive far above of Myrd city.

“Whoa, so this is capital… It’s bigger than Everyne city.”

“It’s fascinated to view the city from above.”

“…”

Misha and Arc threw their opinion as they approaching the capital, respectively. Raina still silent, but her look brightened upon the capital sight.

“You kids be careful, we’ll landing.” 

Uncle Jug stirring the wyvern toward the city.

There’s another wyvern rider halted them on the way, then gave them a pass once he saw uncle Jug.

Despite being a butler, uncle Jug in fact was well-known and fairly respected among the people in army and capital. Arc and Misha known since they had heard the renowned story about him.

The wyvern landed at the wyvern stable.

“This place looked like airport.”

Question mark popping on Arc head, wondering what is the airport Misha means.

From there, the party set out with carriage that have been prepared prior their arrival, went to Everyne capital mansion.

“So, this is capital. There more people I could see here than Everyne city.”

“Yeah, this place so crowded. Not just the people, the buildings also same. They bigger than I imagine.”

“Look over there, Arc! The items at the stand over there looks interesting.”

“Want to take look, Misha?”

“…”

As the carriage went through marketplace, Arc and Misha’s gaze browsing curiously. They saw many things that doesn’t existed at Everyne city.

“Young Lady, please stop! You should show your face to everyone for now.”

Uncle Jug prevented the curious child from jumping out the carriage.

The carriage drove smoothly to the mansion.

The mansion smaller than the one in Everyne territory. However, its appearance more magnificent.

In the mansion, Everyne family have waiting Misha appearance.

“Misha! Thank god, you are fine.”

Immediately, Mother Reina embracing her once Misha show up. She was glad, confirmed Misha safety.

“You’re truly a troublemaker child. It’s good you’re back.”

Said a fine lady while patting Misha.

“Must be hard for you. Come, take this candy.”

Another fine lady as she offering Arc a sweat.

Lady Charlotte and Lady Syrn, the main wife and third wife of Everyne current head, greeting Misha’s party arrival alongside Mother Reina.

“Congratulation for safe return.”

“Thanks goodness, you’re safe, Misha. Could you tell us what have you done?”

“You quite a handful little sister.”

Emer, Arianne, and Rian gave their warm welcome upon Misha safe return.

“So, you are back.”

From the stair that leading to second floor, Duke Saffron figure appeared. He staring Misha with rather harsh look.

“…Who is she?”

Duke Saffron asking Misha the existence of Raina, the cold savage girl, in low-tone.

Everyne family also throw their curious and shocked gaze at Raina, wondering why there is strange following Misha.

“Actually, Father. There’s something I want discuss with you.”

 

*****

***

*

 

The room seemed freezing as Duke Saffron eyeing the three children. His sharp eyes wordlessly criticize Misha, as if she doing something wrong.

“Then, you brought a strange child with unknow origin to home without tell your family first hand, isn’t it, Misha?”

“Y-yes, Father.”

“…”

“…”

Duke Saffron face emitted coldness when he facing them.

Misha trembling like a newborn fawn under his observation. Arc silently standing like a statue behind her, holding Raina in his Arm.

For Raina, she simply glaring Duke Saffron like threatened beast. If Arc doesn’t held Raina, she had been rushing toward him, making the situation more complicate.

“…”

*Gulp*

Misha gulping a mouthful saliva under his father breeze watch.

“Do you know what have you done? It’s okay to help citizen, but choose your opponent wisely. You couldn’t just help random people you found in the street. They aren’t abandoned cat or dog. What would you do if they actually dangerous people? Even more with the ones that clearly looks dangerous?”

“…S-sorry, Father.”

“Even they not look dangerous, you should cautious if they have unknow origin. The people themselves might not dangerous, but their surrounding might. I thought you have learned something considering what you have went through for years.

“…U-uh.”

“It was one thing when you picked Arc. That was forgiven since it was your first offense. Now, you still brought someone without clear background, here. You’re truly fearless child, Misha.”

*Flinch*

“I know you’re a child, but you smarter than any of your sibling at your age. That’s reason I could let you make your own judgement. However, you still careless.”

Misha small body shrinking under Duke Saffron barrage lecture. Misha have prepared herself with this situation when she brought Raina, but the long lecture still felt unbearable. A tear was leaking as guilt and exhaustion assault Misha nerves.

“…W-what should we do with Raina then, Father?”

Misha braving herself, asking the most vital matter.

“…”

Unexpectedly, Duke Saffron turning silent as he looked seriously pondering.

After seemingly long unbearable wait, Duke Saffron sighed and gave his respond.

“…She’ll become your responsible…”

Misha taken a back, wondering if she heard wrong.

“……My responsible?”

Ask Misha, reconfirming Duke Saffron decision.

“Right.”

Now, Misha genuinely in pleasant surprise. She thought her father would simply send Raina off, that why Misha had prepared many arguments to convinced Duke Saffron to let Raina remain.

“……Why?”

Misha asked as she doubt her father would easily made that decision.

“Nothing much, it just small precaution…”

Misha tilted.

“This not a random decision. Just take look at the child you brought, she more like a beast than person.”

Misha felt little offended with her father remark.

“I don’t know what method you use to tame that child, and I don’t need to know. But she won’t listen anyone order except from you or Arc.”

Arc glanced when he heard his name mentioned.

“…And, the child too valuable to let go easily. She was a rare young Warrior. Another perfect bodyguard for you besides Arc, since you often got in trouble.”

Misha gaze widened when she heard the last reason. She realized that was Duke Saffron true reason as why he let Raina stay. Her house welcoming talented people, as long they could be used. For Raina is First Rank Warrior child, showing she is clearly talented people.

“From now onward, she would under you as a maid.”

With that statement, Riana position have been decided.

Like that, Raina become Misha personal maid.

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

patreon.com/oiltumpah

1