Chapter 15 – Stroll
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today could be called as greatest day in month. The weather was perfectly fine. The wind felt cool when it scrubbing through the skin. And sunlight was warm, doesn’t felt burned no matter how long being illuminated. A perfect time to relax.

In such great day, in the room of certain noble, a girl suddenly screamed loudly.

“Uwoohhh!!”

“What!?”

*Glancing Around*…!”

Arc and Raina, who wore maid uniform, jumped out by the sudden girl outburst.

“What happened, Misha!?”

*Stare*…”

“Nothing! I’m just very happy I could leave house now.”

“Oh… That’s why you excited that you roared like a barbarian.”

“Hey, isn’t that pretty rude to said?”

“You screaming so loudly that can hear it outside the house, Misha.”

*Nods*

“Don’t agreeing with him, Raina!”

As punishment for her mistake, Misha confined in her room for three days. She isn’t even allowed to take a step out of her room.

For Misha, who anticipated to touring the capital since she arrived, it was most unbearable punishment. Even her favorite magic study could weaken the restlessness in her heart.

Today, Misha punishment was over.

Misha wants to break out her room and stroll to outside, right now. Releasing all the pent up that have accumulated for three days. She immediately grabs Arc and Raina’s hands, drag them with her.

“Let’s have fun in the capital together!”

“Wait, wait! Misha! We should tell our departure or you’ll get another room confinement!”

*Shock*…!”

“Oh, you’re right, Arc. then let’s say our departure first!”

“Wow, you truly excited.”

*Nod*…”

Ignoring their gaze, Misha immediately went to Arianne room alongside Arc and Raina.

 

*****

***

*

 

“…”

Raina silently following Arc and Misha from behind.

It has been three or four days from the time Raina brought by them.

Since Raina became Misha maid, she always be either at Arc or Misha side. Never she stranded far from them no matter they go.

Raina originally was savage, her behavior and manner just like a beast, just following her instinct. The maid in mansion unable to teach Raina anything as a maid, cause she going berserk and not listening order. As Raina a Warrior, it’d be challenge for ordinary and weak maid to face her. All of Everyne knight maid that could teach her have been left to take care the territory.

Fortunately, as Duke Saffron said, Raina particularly obedient toward Arc and Misha. Raina won’t think twice to act when they ordering her, but she also won’t separate from either of them more than 10m. It seems Raina placed great attachment to them.

When Arc taught her the mannerism, she quickly absorbing all of the materials like a dry sponge. She so quick learning, that Arc doesn’t have anything to teach her just in a day. Her beastly behavior replaced with a maid elegance, albeit still awkward, just in two days. 

Raina appearance also changed. Her crude monster skin clothes replaced with maid uniform, her messy black hair has been straightened, and her old wound was treated. However, it’s found Raina’s left face disfigured after they cleaned her. Raina now looked like normal girl except she had to worn a big eyepatch to hide her disfigured look.

Misha was regretful her magic couldn’t heal Raina disfigured face. That figure showed off just how cruel her life in the wilderness.

Presently, Raina would behave like an obedient little cold maid, but that could be kept when either Arc or Misha near her. if not, Raina would back act restlessly like a lost beast.

Raina’s expression still cold indifferent and rarely did she speak, made it difficult for people around her to guess her mind. However, Arc and Misha learned to communicate with Raina, even just a little, as she occasionally showing her mood with body gesture.

Thus, Arc and Misha somehow could guess Raina thought without even need her speaking.

“Do you want to try that, Raina?” Ask Misha.

*Eyes Widened*…!”

“Let’s buy that. Accidentally, this’s already pass lunch.”

The three children went to a food stall.

Arc and Misha had realizing Raina attention.

Raina eyes have been nailed at the food stall since they visited, her looks grew curious as the food appearance and smell on the stall were unique and tasty to her.

“Mister, I’m order three serving.” Arc ordered.

“Okay, Kids,” Said by a slightly chubby uncle.

Their foods ready after waiting for ten minutes.

“There your order, you Kids. Three south Coriad sandwiches.”

Raina receives the fish sandwich from Misha, looking the food in her hand with slight hesitation.

“What’s wrong, Raina?” Arc asked, as he bite his sandwich.

*Shake*…”

Arc notice the hesitation in her eyes.

“Oh, it must be first time eating coriad sandwich, right?”

*Nod*…”

“Well, it’s okay. Despite its weird appearance, coriad sandwich was delicious.”

Coriad sandwich is a local unique food that have been booming since a year ago and originated from a village in Everyne territory.

The food was a green minced meat (the color caused by herb and spice) that inserting between two purple breads (the color same as the meat). Despite its ominous color, that might made people thought it’s poisoned, coriad sandwich truly delicious. The food relative unknown until got popularized by certain pair of little boy and girl.

After being reassured by Arc, Raina braving herself, bring the food into her small mouth.

“Mgh!”

Raina closes her eyes as chewing the sandwich.

“…!” Her cold face opens its eyes widely, clearly not expecting the food deliciousness.

“How is it?” Arc questioning with smile.

*Nod*…!”

Raina expression doesn’t change much, but Arc could see the excitement in her eyes.

In no time, Raina finished the sandwich. She licked the sauce on her fingers, savoring the lasting taste in her mouth.

“Don’t move.”

“Mhh…”

Arc took out handkerchief, using it to wipe Raina mouth.

Raina gaze stuck on Arc face as he wiping her face gently.

“What’s wrong?”

*Shake*…”

“Arc, Raina, let’s go to next stall.”

“Okay.”

*Nod*…”

Misha pushing them as they finished their meal.

The three children continuing exploring the capital.

“Look, Arc. I never saw this thing. Do you think it’s safe?”

“Hmm…… It’s safe.”

*Tilt*…”

Misha bought the small crystal ball from a stall.

“Arc, this cane somehow unusual. I felt tickling just by touch it…”

“Young Lady, released that! That thing was dangerous!”

*Glare*…!”

Arc kicked the ominous-looking cane from Misha hand.

“Hey, Arc. This shop selling magic book.”

“Do you want to visit, Young Lady?”

“Sure. We’re almost read all the book have.”

*Tilt*…”

They enter the magic shop.

Half hour later, they exited the shop with Misha in dejected expression.

“Hah… They’re just sell first rank magic book to outsider…”

“Yeah, it’s unexpected we need royal approval to buy beyond first rank.”

*Bloodlust*…”

“Could they be more lenient? Forget it, let’s go to next place.”

“How about that shop, they sell some unusual clothes.”

“Then, let’s go!”

*The bloodlust dissipated*…”

Arc and Misha excitedly wandering around capital, while Raina silently following them.

They visiting many stalls and shops they found interesting. Bought anything that catch their sight. As expected of country capital, there so much unusual and rare thing that couldn’t found in Everyne territory. Soon, Arc and Misha’s spatial bag almost full by the amount of purchaser.

In the shadow, two men warmly watching the children play, but never neglecting their vigilance toward Misha’s group surroundings, as they’re their protector in the dark. 

With the amount of security, they would without any incident.

Almost.

 

*****

***

*

 

“*Huff*… *Huff*…!”

A small shadow breathing heavily under the shadow.

From distance, a group of angry mobs approaching her location.

“Where is she!?”

“Search her!”

“Hurry up catch that little bitch, useless lots!”

“Hmph!”

The small shadow almost screamed out when she heard their voice. But she managed to cover her small mouth at the end.

With her pursuer almost arrive at her location, she stealthy moving under the shadow.

“Uh?”

One of the pursuers nearly caught her figure, but when he looks over there no one on the location he saw.

*Huff*…”

She breathes out sigh relief.

Hurriedly, she run away from them.

“She over there!”

When she already faraway, one of the pursuers caught off her profile. Immediately, they chase off after her.

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

patreon.com/oiltumpah

1