Chapter 19 – [Vermilioness Atelier]
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Arc, Raina, have you heard me?”

“Sorry, we couldn’t catch that, mind to repeat?”

*Nod*…”

Arc, Misha, and Raina were talking in the kitchen.

After dinner, Arc took the whole kitchen as usual, training his cooking skill together with Raina as assistant. Then, Misha suddenly burst in and said some incompressible word. Arc and Raina couldn’t listen properly since Misha spoke so quickly.

“Well, I’ll say once again.”

Misha took a breath.

“Listen, let’s go to the rumored shop!”

“…” (Arc)

“…” (Raina)

“Say something, you two! At least, just give me a reaction!”

Arc sighing out.

Seems to him Misha haven’t give up her interest. Honestly, Misha’s strong curiosity is one thing Arc could commend about his master.

“Didn’t we got lost the last time we searched that shop?”

*Nod*…”

“Hum~ Hum~” Misha lifts her chest proudly, showing triumph face.

“Don’t worry! This time, we’ll absolutely find that rumored shop!”

*Pack!!*

Misha informs, slammed out a map atop the table.

“A map?”

*Tilt*…”

“Yes, this capital map that show the rumored shop location.”

On the map, Arc and Raina could saw a small circle draw on it.

“Where did you found this, Misha?”

“This was given by one of my patients.”

Heard Misha notice, Arc nods, understanding the situation.

Misha Everyne is a rare Healer Magist and known as [Everyne Little Saint]

When dealing wound, Misha magic more effective than any medicine. Because of that, many of Everyne’s friends, relative, and noble circle often inviting Misha to for her healing ability, especially the ones with military background.

Misha accepting the jobs with condition, there will no marriage talk when she was invited. The nobles could just be begrudging accepted the condition, since Misha imminent presence was more important for them.

Since she accepted the job, Misha gained prestige as genius Healer Magist and called little saint by her patients.

Usually, the patients would the one come to Everyne manor, since Misha was a child and couldn’t leave house. However, since Misha in the capital, she would the one does the visiting, as Everyne capital mansion would be crowded if it the other around.

Today, Misha got the rumored shop information from her patient. The patient happily drawn a map as gift, since Misha their savior.

“That’s why we’ll go tomorrow!”

“…Oh, oh…?”

*Tilt*…”

Thus, Misha declared their tomorrow plan.

 

*****

***

*

 

Tomorrow.

 

As Misha strolling through the crowd, she occasionally glancing at the middle-age man behind her.

“…Uncle Jug…”

“Yes, Little Misha.”

The middle-age man was Uncle Jug, Misha’s combat instructor, following her from behind. He also butler and Duke Saffron’s right hand.

“Why are you following us?”

“To keep eyes on you of course, Little Misha.”

Misha’s eyes widened a little by Uncle Jug’s statement.

“Why? Aren’t there people that kept eyes on me already?”

“That two guards? They have been dismissed since they couldn’t keep up with you.”

“……My condolence for them......”

Misha gives her apologize to previous guards in her heart as causes of them losing job.

“But why you, Uncle Jug? Aren’t there many more important things than looking after us?” Arc chimed in.

Arc asking that as he knew the prowess of Uncle Jug. Having a third rank Warrior as babysitter is too fancy even for Duke’s daughter.

*Nod*…” Raina nod.

Even though Uncle Jug is butler in Everyne house, he haves heavy influence and direct connection among people in the army and military. Due of that, Duke Saffron often entrusting military affair to Uncle Jug on his behalf.

“Actually, today, I’m free and have nothing to do, then your father personally sends me to accompany you all. He was afraid you would be involved in some strange case again.”

“A-ha-ha-ha, what are you talking about, Uncle Jug?” Misha said. “Do you think we’re disaster inviting group?”

Misha told that as joke, but her expression twitching, knowing how her father viewing her.

“““…………”””

However, Misha’s joke replied by skeptic stare from people around her.

“Let’s continue our step!”

“…I don’t know why, but I have bad feeling…” Arc Mutter, feel out a rather ominous premonition.

Ignoring the blank shoot that directed toward her, Misha takes big stride forward. She doesn’t mind the look of the people, no matter what Misha evaluation in society, she’ll always keeps walk straight ahead without slightest doubt!

As Misha walking with such determination filling her heart……

*SHUSH!!*

“Misha, watch out!!”

“Guahh!”

From the side, Arc suddenly tackled Misha. Due the impact, as Arc doesn’t hold off his strength, Misha let out strange scream from her mouth.

*RUSH!!*

*Shush*

*Neigh!!*

“Kyaaa! Please stop the carriage!”

“Step aside from the way!”

Afterward, in flash, a carriage rushing out uncontrollably on their previous stand. Arc and Misha just a hair breath from crashed by the mad carriage.

“Ugh, Arc, could you be more gently!?”

“I would if I could.”

Arc smile wryly, if it isn’t for the carriage sudden appeared, he wouldn’t treat his master so roughly.

Then, Arc’s smile stiffened.

“Misha, watch out!!”

“W-What is it this time!?”

Immediately, Arc caught Misha between his arm, then rolling on the ground with her.

*Crash!!*

On their previous spot, wooden and iron of boxes and chests falling like rain, crashed as they piling up. With his great reflexion, Arc managed led them avoid another disaster.  

“Haaah!”

“Hyaaa!”

Broken scraps of the boxes flying in the air, directed toward them. Arc took out his wooden sword, deflecting the flying scraps.

Another Arc’s great avoid.

“Uwahh!”

“Again!?”

Bringing Misha with him, Arc sliding on the ground, avoiding the continuing of their misfortune.

Far away, Raina and Uncle Jug stupefy watching Arc and Misha dancing in disaster. Being Lucky not involved in the incident.

 

*****

***

*

 

“……What’s that?”

“Yeah……”

“Little Misha, sorry I couldn’t protect you back then… Arc thank for protecting her.”

Arc and Misha absent-mindedly watching the chaotic scene before them.

Just while ago, the peaceful yet crowded road turned into bitter mess. Broken carriages and cargo littered on the road like piles of trashes, wounded people sat on the road side, and guards scattered calming down the panicked people.

Both Arc and Misha appearance were dirty and mess after sliding and rolling on the ground, barely avoided the incident that befall on them

“Now that’s what I call traffic incident.”

“Agree…”

“……Little Misha, Arc, you two better not joking with that. Did you both forget you almost badly harmed?”

Arc and Misha divert their sight.

True to Uncle Jug word, even though Arc and Misha are mana practitioner, they both wouldn’t escape unscathed if they got unlucky hit by the incident before. It was lucky they managed get out without scathe… No, they both already unlucky be involved.

“You right, Uncle Jug. For a moment, I thought someone targeting and want to assassinate us.” Comment Misha.

“Yeah, I wonder how all the carriages and scraps somehow flying toward us. I’m just barely dodge and deflect them.” Arc nodded.

“……I’m more wonder by how you two left that place unscathed…”

Uncle Jug mumbling his true feeling, shocked by the abnormality of the two children.

“[Heal]!”

Misha cast some healing to unlucky passerby.

Fortunately, there’s no many casualties and just so many light injured people, despite the exaggerated scene.

After treated and got gratitude from the people, they continuing their trip.

“Where’s Raina? I didn’t saw her since the traffic incident.”

“She behind you, Misha.”

*Stare*…”

“Whoa!!”

Misha snapped back, spotted Raina’s appearance in shock.

“When!? … Oh, nevermind.”

“Raina haves been behind you whole time, Misha.”

“I said nevermind, Arc!” Misha rattled. “By the way, Arc, what’s that wooden sword?” She diverting topic, eyeing the wooden sword on Arc’s waist.

“This sword? Is there problem with it?”

“Yeah, I didn’t pay attention before, but now I took closer look. How could that sword doesn’t break when it clashed before?”

Misha remembering when Arc fighting with Slave Hunter Leader in the slum. Arc didn’t change his weapon as he was clashing with Slave Hunter Leader at that time.

Even though Arc fought using wooden sword, it contended with Slave Hunter Leader’s bastard sword, and doesn’t a single scratch on its surface.

She overlooked at that time, as Misha focused her attention to Arc state.

Arc nodded after hearing Misha’s explanation.

“Now, you mention it. I didn’t notice before.” Arc speaking, holding the wooden sword. “……Honestly, I don’t know what is this.”

“You don’t know?”

“Well, this wooden sword is something I picked up from random junk shop. I took it since there particular feeling shrouding this wooden sword.”

“Huh?”

Somehow Misha felt she had heard Arc’s word before.

“Oh? Mind I take look it, Arc?”

Uncle Jug heard Misha and Arc conservation, and get interested to Arc’s wooden sword.

“Sure.”

Arc obediently hand over the wooden sword to Uncle Jug, as he also curious with the wooden sword appraisal after notice the wooden sword’s peculiarity.

Receiving the wooden sword, Uncle Jug professionally inspecting the sword. Uncle Jug might not a great appraisal, but he had long experience to make an estimation at weapon.

“Hmm~ This sword doesn’t any different than wooden sword no matter you look at, but it unexpectedly sturdy when I grasped it.” Uncle Jug Judge. “Unfortunately, I couldn’t look more deeply, what a mysterious wooden sword.” Uncle Jug lamenting as he returns the wooden sword to Arc.

“It was unfortune then.”

Little disappointed with the appraisal result, Arc hanging wooden sword on his waist. His curiosity increases as well, as what kind thing he was picked even a third Warrior like Uncle Jug couldn’t saw through it.

After some moment walking, the party feet slowed down and stop as a noticeable building entering in their view.

“It’s here.”

“Yes, we’re arrived.”

*Stare*…”

The group arrive in front of the rumored shop’s door.

[Vermilioness Atelier]

It was the name of the mysterious shop that hanging atop the door.

“…This place…”

Uncle Jug frowned as he spotting the shop.

The moment Misha intended open the door, it opened first before she could even touch the door.

“!!!”

“You!”

“Huh!”

*Shocked*…!”

The person that come out from the shop and Misha’s group surprised, as they spotting at each other.

At the shop entrance, a shocked little girl with familiar white hair come out.

“…You…!”

“Herlin!!” Misha yelled the little girl’s name.

The person, Herlin, the white-haired little girl they encounter in the slum previously.

Unexpectedly, they reunited at unexpected place.

0