Chapter 47 – End of Party
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Myrdiana Roya Castle, Ballroom.

 

“–Thank you for you all presence here. I wish this year–”

“Huh?” (Misha)

When Misha woke up from her haziness, she already in middle of party. Looking around, she found she was sits under a round table.

“What just happened?” (Misha)

She wondered as she not remembering entering the ballroom.

“–That’s all I could say.”

*Clap* *Clap*

People around her clapping their hands.

“???” (Misha)

What is it?

“Misha.” (Arianne)

“Ah, yes.” (Misha)

Because of confusion, Misha failed realize Arianne was sitting beside her. Her sister called her with worried looks on her face. Misha looked back, somehow, her presence calming her.

“Are you okay? You have been strangely silent since a while.” (Arianne)

“Is that so? I’m fine? By the way, where are we? Where the others?” (Misha)

Strangely, only her sister near her. Arc, Raina, and Herlin nowhere around her. It made her anxiousness flared up again.

“……Are you really fine? Don’t tell you unaware we’re already in reception room. Also, your servants are over there, while Miss Elisabeth’s disciple was there.” (Arianne)

“Uh…” (Misha)

Answer Arianne, pointing three children location.

Misha felt unpredictable relief as she saw them. Don’t know why she felt like that, but it’s very uncomfortable woke up not seeing them near her.

Tilting her head, Misha trying remembering what happened just while ago.

She remembers she and others chased after her sister’s group after left behind.

They run through a corridor, then–

Eh?

Then nothing.

Her memory after that was cut off.

All she could remember was she already sat beside Arianne by the time she realized, not knowing how that happened.

She looked at Arc and Raina that standing in distance with others servants from various houses, spotted they have same bewildered expressions.

It seemed not just me, she thought.

Their expression made her realized Arc and Raina might same situation like her.

Arc and Misha gazes met.

After short moment, Arc lightly nodded then returned to his position. His hand caught Raina’s, calming her down from confusion.

Misha shifted her sight at Herlin.

Unlike three of them, although they confused, they still maintained their calmness. Herlin was, she restlessly shaking her head, like a panicked child. Elisabeth, who was sit beside her, seemed trying calm her.

“Excuse me, Sister.” (Misha)

“Eh, where you intend go?” (Arianne)

Feel can’t leave her alone, Misha decided went see her.

“Uh… Umm…!” (Herlin)

“Herlin, calm down. Just what happen?” (Elisabeth)

Elisabeth helplessly soothing her disciple. It’s unknown why her disciple suddenly panicked.

“You looks have troubled there. Mind I give you’re a hand?”

“Thank, no need. I could handle it.” (Elisabeth)

She refused her friend offer.

Though she said could handle, Elisabeth actually worried with her disciple’s condition.

Just as she thinking calm her with magic, Misha come approaching Herlin. Without word, she pulls her in embrace.

“Miss Misha?” (Elisabeth)

“There~ There~” (Misha)

Herlin’s face considerably softened as Misha patting her hair.

“Already good?” (Misha)

“Yeah.” (Herlin)

“Good.” (Misha)

Sensing she already calmed, Misha releases her.

“Thank you…” (Herlin)

“It’s okay.” (Misha)

She turned at Elisabeth.

“Auntie Eli, is there problem I take seat here?” (Misha)

“No, feel free take it.” (Elisabeth)

“Then excuse me.” (Misha)

Misha took an empty seat beside Herlin. That seat left purposely empty by Elisabeth, just in case Misha come to her table. Her thoughtful proved correct.

“Thank for take care her, Miss Misha.” (Elisabeth)

Elisabeth bowed in gratitude.

“It’s nothing.” (Misha)

Misha lightly shook her head. Not because she was being humble, but she also still confused with her–No, their situation.

Her confusion numbed her attention to party.

 

*****

***

*

 

“Everyone, let’s raise our cup for the prosperity of our kingdom. Cheer!”

“““Cheer!!”””

By the time Misha regained her consciousness entirely, all guests, except the children and servants, raised their cups.

“Now let distinguished guests enjoy our refreshment.”

With host permission everyone started dig the foods on table.

Misha looked at the ‘refreshment’. More like banquet in her eyes. But delicious food still delicious food. She happily digs in the food.

Then–

“Uh…”

Too heavy!!

She inwardly complained how heavy the food is. She sighed. Although this world technology quite advanced, the food strangely not. Even the best food in this party not better than low quality hospital food in her previous world and their taste rather heavy for her. She rather eats food that sell on street than this.

Silently, she stopped her hand, no longer eager to eat.

Misha glanced at side. Herlin pulled her mouth, also not eager to ear after her first bite.

Turning around, Arc and Raina still stood far behind her. Then she looks at the party.

Once again, Misha sighed.

Boring.

This reason is why she rarely going to noble party.

Not only the foods unpalatable for her, also–

“Greeting Little Saintess.”

A young boy greets her with fresh smile. His face quite good and gentle, may become a handsome man in years later. Though his presence undesirable.

Misha greets him back with gentle smile.

“Greeting you too.” (Misha)

The boy enthusiast heard her reply.

“Y-Yeah. It’s nice to meet you, Little Saint. I-I’m, you might not remember me, but I’m–”

“I know. You are the boy I healed from Torass family, right.” (Misha)

“You remember!”

The boy raised his voice, attracted many attentions. He immediately shyly lowering his head.

“I remember the face of my patients.” (Misha)

“U-Uh, really? I happy you remember me.”

“No problem. Why not tell you come here.” (Misha)

“I-I-I, *Cough* I’m here to invite you dance with me.”

As expected, Misha sighed inwardly, still maintaining her gentle act.

“Apologize, but I can’t now.” (Misha)

“I-Is that so… can you tell why.”

“I’m very exhausted right now. You must know how busy I am with my duty.” (Misha)

“What!? You still going around to help people even though today is celebration day. As expected of Saintess!”

“Your word gracious for me.” (Misha)

The boy pure admiration struck hurt her heart. Although she not lied, the actual reason she rejected his invitation was another else. This morning an incident happened in party preparation and many were injured. So, she haves help the injuries so not hinder the party. She truly exhausted.

Seeing the boy away, Misha slumped, glanced at couple little girls whispering among each other while looking at her. Her Magist enhanced sense caught their conversation meaning ill to her.

*Sigh*

This is why she rarely went to noble party. So many noble children come invite her because her status and look. Sometimes, it went to marriage proposal.

Even more with noble daughters. They always look her with hatred and jealous because her fame. Scorning her from behind. They won’t let her enter their circle, not that matter. Her previous taught her how pointless to mind them.

Still, it’s upsetting.

It unbearable to come up with reason to reject every proposal, or enduring the scorns.

The boy just before not first come and definitely won’t be the last as long she stays here.

“You quite popular, Little Saint.” (Elisabeth)

“That’s was nothing.” (Misha)

“Also, seems you got another tittle. Blood-Stained Saint, if I didn’t wrong.” (Elisabeth)

Misha snapped, said seriously.

“Auntie Eli, please never call me that.” (Misha)

“…Seems you didn’t like your title very much.” (Elisabeth)

“Because it’s a hassle. Moreover, it brought me so much inconvenience.” (Misha)

“Yeah, I understand what you feel.” (Elisabeth)

“Is that so?” (Misha)

“In my youth, men and women targeting me because my title and power. They persistently either bring me to their side or eliminate me. Some case they took extremely course. It’s pain in the pass.” (Elisabeth)

“Woah.” (Misha)

Elisabeth satisfied with Misha’s amazed expression. But her next word put Misha dumbstruck.

“By the way, Miss Misha. I’ll leave Herlin in your care again.” (Elisabeth)

“What?” (Misha)

“Huh?” (Herlin)

Herlin turned at them hearing her name mentioned.

“Why so suddenly?” (Misha)

“There something I have to do now. I can’t bring her because it’s dangerous.” (Elisabeth)

Dangerous?

Misha taken aback.

Elisabeth stands up from her seat. But she was halted as a small hand grab her sleeve.

“Auntie Eli…” (Herlin)

“Don’t worry, I won’t be long. Just stay here with them. Miss Misha, I entrust her to you.” (Elisabeth)

After gently release Herlin’s hand, she disappears from their sight.

A moment silent permeating between them before Misha break in.

“Let’s get along, Herlin.” (Misha)

“Un!” (Herlin)

 

*****

***

*

 

About quarter of hour since Elisabeth gone.

“Uh…” (Misha)

Misha feels her body was heavy and sluggish.

Then she felt presences moving closing behind her.

It’s Arc and Raina. She didn’t know since when they are there, but it reassuring see them were nearing.

Arc whispering in her ear.

“Are you fine?” (Arc)

“No, I’m exhausted.” (Misha)

“Are you sure? You’re quite pale.” (Arc)

She can’t reply that. Sure enough, it seemed her exhaustion have accumulated too much and attacking her now.

“How about a little rest? I could say word to Lord Saffron.” (Arc)

“Arc…” (Misha)

Misha intends reject, but the concern on Arc’s face pushed her word. After thinking for a moment, she accepted his offer.

“…Ok.” (Misha)

Arc immediately went to Duke Saffron location.

After a while, he returned alongside Robert.

“It seems we pushed you too hard, young miss.” (Robert)

Robert said, looked apologize.

“You have permission to use one of castle room until the party ended. I’ll escort you.” (Robert)

“Oh, can they also come with me?” (Misha)

Misha pointed at three children.

“……Sure. You pretty much never apart.” (Robert)

“?” (Misha)

Misha tilted.

What was that?

She confused with his suspicious pause.

Forget it.

Shaking her head, Misha and others went to rest room led by Robert.

“Wait, Little Saintess!”

However, just before they exit from the door, someone stopped their track.

Misha looked at him, the mainstar of this party, Myrdiana crown prince, Alexous Earn Carrial XII Myrdiana. Not that she knows him much, but Misha remembers acquainted him through an event.

His voice was quite loud, attracted many gazes.

Misha cursing inwardly while maintaining her graceful demeanor.

“……Greeting, your highness, is there something you need?” (Misha)

“Ah, no, I just wondering what you want do.” (Alexous)

Asked him with genuine concern. However–

What does it have something with you?

“Nothing worried some your highness. But I regret to inform your highness I have leave the party.” (Misha)

“Why!?” (Alexous)

Misha surprised by Prince Alexous’s somewhat shrilled voice.

“Not to offend, but I very tired now, as my duty leave me busy since morning.” (Misha)

Alexous can’t argue with her reason since Misha’s duty known thorough capital.

“Uh, then, how about me escorting you?” (Alexous)

What!?

Misha almost breaks her mask at his offer.

Hell, no! It would be annoying!

Not only her was surprised, the surroundings also gasped by the prince offer.

Not intend offend him, Misha refuses his offer politely.

“Please not, your highness. As the mainstar of this celebration, you mustn’t leave just to escort this humble me.” (Misha)

“But–” (Alexous)

“Please excuse me, Your Highness.” (Misha)

Misha hurriedly breaks off without waiting his respond. She knew if she waiting for longer, it’d make harder to leave.

The others chase after her.

“Is it okay to leave just like that?” (Arc)

Arc whispers.

“It’s fine. Although it somewhat rude, they wouldn’t pursue it, maybe.” (Misha)

“Hey.” (Arc)

Misha also little anxious with her behavior before, but her tiredness leave all her intention toward rest.

“Let’s not minding it.” (Misha)

“…Fine.” (Arc)

And the children and Robert leave the party behind.

“…?” (Arc)

For some reason, Arc feels strange chill on his back.

He glanced back, see the prince and other noble sons see him with grim looks. But–

What was that?

Arc ignoring their stare, as he couldn’t found the source of the chill.

The last sensation leaves him with bad premonition.

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1