Chapter 50 – Myrd Mayhem
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A carriage driving through road.

Misha looked outside. Looking at less crowded square since the festival started.

Since time approaching midnight, people starting return to their home.

Inside the carriage three little girls and two maids sitting. Arc sitting on coach seat alongside the coachman.

They in their way return to mansion. Misha looks around. Raina beside her silent like usual, Herlin unexpectedly fell asleep when they rode, she didn’t know what Arc doing now. Feeling a bit bored, Misha opens her mouth toward the maids.

“So, father sent both of you to escort me back to mansion?” (Misha)

“That’s right. Lord felt it wouldn’t be good leave you rest in royal castle. That’s why he immediately sent us once we arrived.” (Flora)

“I heard you needlessly provoked the prince in his party. This may reason Lord Saffron feel uneasy leaving you alone.” (Lynine)

“Hey, I’m not alone. Arc, Raina, and Herlin were with me.”  (Misha)

“Yeah, but they are your servants and outsider. People wouldn’t treating them seriously.” (Lynine)

“Uhm…” (Misha)

“In fact, even with your fame as Little Saint, people still unconsciously treat you as child.” (Flora)

“Yeah…” (Misha)

Misha slumped down.

*Sigh*

Never in her previous life she desires grow quickly. Since reborn, there often times she desires to grow quickly. Being young was good, but so many inconvenience brought with it.

“Don’t be depressed. They may treat you like child, but we’ll never.” (Lynine)

“It’s good being ignorant. They’ll never know the terror you brought.” (Flora)

“Uh, thank you… Uhm, Mrs. Flora, what you said again?” (Misha)

“I said, they’re just ignorant that not know your greatness.” (Flora)

“You being exaggerated.” (Misha)

“Maybe, but I’ll definitely never treat you like child.” (Flora)

Misha’s cheek turned rose by their recognition.

It’s embarrassing hearing their compliment. For her, Lynine and Flora more than simple maids. They were the people been supporting her before Arc come. The people Misha could trust up.

Looking to the other side to hide her shyness, she spotted Raina knitted her brow.

“Hmm?” (Raina)

“What’s up, Raina?” (Misha)

“Too noisy.” (Raina)

“What do you me–” (Misha)

“WATCH OUT!” (Arc)

Then–

“Kyaa!” (Misha)

“Waaa!” (Herlin)

“Ugh!” (Raina)

“What!?” (Lynine)

“Young Miss!” (Flora)

Suddenly, the carriage was stopped, toppled the passengers inside off. All the girls inside carriage, except Raina, screamed off.

“It’s hurt…” (Herlin)

“Arc, what happens!?” (Misha)

“Everyone, are all you alright!?” (Arc)

Misha and Arc yelled at same time.

“We’re fine, Little Arc. Just tell us what happen.” (Lynine)

Lynine said calmly.

“Uh, that… I don’t know. The people suddenly running off blocking our way. They looked very desperate, like they try to escape from something.” (Arc)

“Hah?” (Misha)

Misha quickly protruding her head out window to ascertain the situation.

“R-Run!”

“Help!”

“Monster!”

People were running–No, escape like Arc was said. Some of them were injured. The situation clearly unnatural.

“What the hell?” (Misha)

Misha bewilders with the chaotic scene.

“Let me inquire them.” (Flora)

Not waiting reply, Flora jumped out, caught a running man.

“Gyaa!”

“Just calm down, you won’t be hurt.” (Flora)

“Y-You, release me now!”

“I will, after you tell me just what going on here.” (Flora)

“I’ll tell! I’ll tell! So, release me!”

“Then speak.” (Flora)

The man told her the situation, then vanish once Flora releases him.

“What a pathetic man.” (Flora)

“What you learn, Mrs. Flora?” (Misha)

“Tsk, I caught wrong man. That man not much know the situation, but it seems monsters slipped into city.” (Flora)

“What? Monsters slipped in.” (Misha)

What bad news!

It’s a very bad news considering the time and place. Today is festival, people from all over of Myrdiana kingdom gathering in Myrd city, so the city currently crowded by people. Just thinking what will happen if monster slipped in at this kind time made her shudder.

“What guards doing?” (Lynine)

No matter how merry the festival is, guards should never let monster slipped into city.

“Young Miss, what should we do now?” (Arc)

Arc interjected. His voice was cool and flat, not like his usual tease yet warm voice.

“What?” (Misha)

“We should decide our destination. should we return to castle, went to mansion, or evacuate to nearest post guard?” (Arc)

“That…” (Misha)

“Since we haven’t gone far from castle, we could return and take shelter there, this safest option. There still considerably distance to mansion, we highly might get caught another riot or whatever causing this if we go there, but this is an option with greatness variable since there so many Warriors waiting in mansion right now. Evacuate to nearest guard post was easiest choice, we could learn the situation from the guard and organizing with them, but this is most risking choice since we might throw into battle when we got there.” (Arc)

Flora and Lynine shot him surprise look. Never they thought a child could making cool analysis the situation.

Misha quieted down, thinking his suggestions.

Every of Arc suggestions have its merit and demerit. She must think well before she chooses.

“Young Miss, I suggest we return to castle.” (Flora)

Flora raises her suggestion.

“…Could tell me the reason?” (Misha)

“Young Miss’s safety is our most priority. Also, it’s very dangerous to move around without knowing the situation. It’d better return and take shelter there.” (Flora)

“Hmm?” (Misha)

Misha lowers her head down, thinking Flora’s suggestion. Personally, she rather chooses second or third option, she didn’t like return to royal castle. But like Flora said, her safety is a priority. Not because she scared, but because a certain boy will accompany her even down to hell.

Just she about agreed with Flora suggestion, Arc interjected again.

“…I think we should evacuate.” (Arc)

All head turned at him.

“Little Arc, please tell us why we should choose the option that would endanger your master.” (Flora)

“…” (Lynine)

Shiver run through Arc’s skin hearing Flora’s chilling tone and Lynine’s cold gaze. They thoroughly flared up, but refrain themselves as they know Arc’s character.

“Please focusing your hearing.”  (Arc)

Arc then pointed the direction they were come.

Flora and Lynine follows his instruction, and got their face distorted.

“What was that?” (Lynine)

“Another riot?” (Flora)

*Booomm!!*

“““!!!”””

Everyone except Arc flinched. From the path the have passed, there was a big explosion.

“Looks like the situation over there already changed. I fear we have no longer chance to return.” (Arc)

“This… not good.” (Lynine)

“Dammit.” (Flora)

The maids cursing. If this a normal battlefield, they wouldn’t have difficult to walk past through this short distance. But now is different, they could may endanger both their selves and young miss if they move through this chaotic place with only themselves.

“…” (Misha)

Misha also focusing her ears, got corner of her eyes twitched.

After that explosion, faint sound of screams and riots could be heard. Not only that, she guesses the situation there more chaotic than around her from sound she caught.

*Boom* *Boom*

Other explosions happening there.

“What!?” (Misha)

“…Seems the situation already very bad.” (Arc)

“Just what goddamn going on?” (Flora)

As Arc said, their way return was already gone.

“Rather than go anywhere, we better organizing ourselves as soon as possible.” (Arc)

“……By any chance you know where nearby guard post?” (Lynine)

“I know where nearest guard post around here, fortunately.” (Arc)

“Then let’s go. Show the way, Little Arc.” (Flora)

“Yes.” (Arc)

Arc guide them to nearest post guard.

By the way, Misha knows too since she already memorized half of Capital City’s map, and surround area not strange to her.

Because the crowd, they no longer could use the carriage. They decided to proceed by walk.

“Don’t let go of my hand, Herlin.” (Misha)

“Y-Yeah.” (Herlin)

Misha catches stumbled Herlin, looks ahead.

“This will difficult.”

The crowd running from opposite direction. It’d be difficult for them to run past them.

“Young Miss, don’t get far from me.” (Lynine)

“Yes.” (Misha)

“Damn. We couldn’t get through these people.” (Flora)

“Yeah. Do you have idea?” (Arc)

“We’ll jump through them.” (Flora)

““Heh?””

Before Arc and Misha could register her word, they feel their body was lightened.

“Ho!” (Flora)

“What!” (Misha)

“Lynine! Brought Little Arc and that Little Maid with you!” (Flora)

“Okay!” (Lynine)

Flora carrying Misha and Herlin under her arms and jump through the crowd. Lynine doing same to Arc and Raina.

“Little Arc, where the place?” (Lynine)

“Over there!” (Arc)

“Wait, what about the coachman!” (Misha)

“Too late for him. I saw he got dragged by the crowd.” (Flora)

“…Poor man.” (Arc)

 

*****

***

*

 

Royal castle ballroom.

 

“Hmm?” (Arianne)

Arianne sat uncomfortably on her seat.

“What’s up, Arianne?” (Emer)

“Sorry Brother. I slightly uneasy.” (Arianne)

“Is it about Misha?” (Emer)

“Well… that is too, bu–” (Arianne)

“No. I understand you worry sent her home earlier. But she guarded by our two best combatant maids, remember?” (Emer)

“Listen, brother. Sure, I’m worried about Misha, but I’m worry because another matter.” (Arianne)

“What is it?” (Emer)

“I don’t know why, but I feel like we’re in middle battlefield.” (Arianne)

“……” (Emer)

Emer was silent. His gaze sharpened.

“Tell me abo–” (Emer)

*BANG!!*

The door slammed open loudly, pulled attention toward the comer.

Watching the panting man, a huge ominous premonition assault Arianne.

The man tried to say something.

“…*Pant**Pant*…E-Emergency…!”

And his next word proving her premonition.

“WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!”

 

*****

***

*

 

A hooded man watching the slum landscape from top of wall.

“How hopeless…”

Below him, buildings were burning, people were rioting, deaths appearing everywhere.

What happening was a bloody tragedy, the man however, not doing anything.

Under the hood, the man smiles filled with compassion.

With eyes full with compassion, the man spread his hand and said:

“Rejoice all of you. The time where our Lord could reach you all have come.”

Like a benevolence saint, the man praying for all poor soul trapped in tragedy, if isn’t for the fact he was the very cause of tragedy.

His smile started to distort.

“My Lord, did you see this! Please accept our offering!”

It’s a smile filled with malice.

*Guuuush!*

A strong gust blows the hood covering him, revealing his face.

What show up under the hood was a human face, but half abomination face.

Misha’s group will shocked if they half-face human, what was left recognizing him was a human.

It’s the leader of cultist terrorist, Ferdinand Van.

The man who throws the Myrd city once again.

Smiling in ecstasy, he raises his abominable hands to heaven, then declared:

“Oh, people of abandoned land, look these gifts from Lord Satryssfa! Rejoice you all will become one under His guidance!” (Ferdinand)

Black cloud slowly gathering above the city, swirling around the city sky.

None in the city realize it yet.

The night of despair slowly swallowing the Myrd City.

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1