chapter 3
606 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Press that 💜

In the dark silent room, a goblin was wandering without care. A brown sleeveless top and a piece of fabric were all the goblin had as clothes.

Its eyes that detected the faintest light darted around as if searching for something. The goblin made a sudden stop then rushed towards a particular direction excitedly. But when it arrived, it let out a disappointed grunt as it kicked the dirt. It appeared that what it found was not what it wanted.

Frustrated, the goblin continued its journey. It wasn't long before something caught its attention, its ears perked, and it turned its head towards the direction of the noise that had caught its attention.

The goblin's eyes peered at the darkness, scanning around trying to locate the culprit. Finding nothing, the goblin turned back to its business.

Behind it, at a considerable distance. The flying creature observed the greenskin. It instinctively knew it had to remain hidden if it wished to catch the goblin off-guard.

Silently, it stalked the greenskin. The only problem was that every time it went for an attack. It was immediately detected. The process continued for some time before the greenskin was no longer bothered by the noise of the approaching creature.

The flying creature made one last attempt to sneak on the greenskin, seeing it wasn't bothered. The flying creature went in for an attack. It targeted the neck of the greenskin and mercilessly attacked.

*AAARRRGGHH*

The goblin reflexively jumped forward while screaming in pain. Its short hands reached towards its neck. A massive chunk of flesh was missing. That aside, it was under excruciating pain. The goblin felt weakness as its vitality was steadily leaking.

It frantically looked around, but there was nothing but darkness. Not knowing what to do, the goblin made a mad rush back to the clan.

*Slosh*

*AAARRRGGGHHH*

The goblin had barely made any progress when suddenly the familiar pain assaulted its neck, this time. It was on the other side.

The goblin jumped, but it was unable to support itself, its balance was off, and it unceremoniously fell to the ground. Using its remaining strength, the goblin clawed the ground to get as far away as it could.

Suddenly, the goblin felt something on its neck. A stinging pain followed this. In a last-ditch of effort, the goblin rolled on the ground, but it was futile. Its pitiful actions seemed to strengthen the pain. As its last strength faded away, the goblins movement became weaker and weaker until it disappeared in a dark mist, the clothes it so much adored being the remaining evidence for its existence.

                  You have slain a level 6 goblin

Exp x280

Level up x5

You are now level 7

You have gained 20 points

 

    You have gained a new skill predator

 

 

 The flying creature heard the familiar voice as the goblin disappeared in the mist. A significant feeling of strength growth followed this. Its limbs felt powerful while its eyesight and hearing improved. Feeling its limbs brimming with strength, it tried a small jump, and off to the sky it went. As the creature was off the ground, it tried to flap its wings.

The first couple of trials were unfruitful, but after a few jumps and flaps.

Success, the creature was able to take off without climbing a wall. Flying was much faster and tireless. Wasting no time, it quickly flew back to the goblin clan. It didn't take long before it arrived . Looking down below, some goblins huddled together to sleep while others were doing their things.

With an unquestionable proficiency, the creature flipped itself upside down and hung on the roof. Silently, the predator waited for a new prey to stray out of the clan.

It didn't take long before groups of goblins ventured out of the safety of the clan, and each time none of them returned.

In the clan, one greenskin had started to notice something was amiss, with a fully dressed body, accompanied by a short club on its hand, none dared challenge his authority. He was the leader of the greenskin.

The goblin started to notice the diminishing number of its kin. It had noticed the goblins went out of the clan and never returned. Wanting to get to the bottom of the matter, the greenskin and its trusty club set out towards the direction it saw the last bunch disappear to.

The greenskin had covered a considerable distance, but its kin was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, its ears twitched as they picked up a slight disturbance. It hurriedly turned its enormous head, and its eyes caught a glimpse of the creature responsible for the disruption. It had never seen such a creature. It was at the exact moment that its instincts started to act up.

Once the creature noticed the greenskin had spotted it, it tried to turn back to the darkness. But it was too late.

 The greenskin's reaction was too fast. It swung its club.

*THUD*

The force sent the creature straight into a wall.

 You have received damage -50  

You are bleeding

Healing has automatically started

The creature was assaulted by unimaginable pain. If it could scream then the room would be unbearable to stay in due to the noise it would be making.

It knew staying on the ground was not a good idea as that was its most vulnerable position. It tried to jump, but that caused more pain on its broken limb. Luckily, it was close to a wall.

It clawed the wall and slowly made its way to the roof, if it wasn't for its lower intelligence and ignorance to pain. It would have never accomplished such a feat as its every movement caused more damage to its broken limb.

After a while, a wary goblin arrived at the scene where the creature had fallen. Its club was ready to attack should it detect any danger. The greenskin looked around, but it couldn't find the weird creature. It could only find red liquid that was drying quickly. It reached its hands and smeared its finger with the red liquid, but it was unfortunate, the liquid had already dried.

The greenskin smelled its finger, and a sweet smell assaulted its nostrils. Excitedly, it licked its finger, but it tasted nothing. Disappointingly, it got on its knees and licked the ground, but the result was the same. It got nothing but a mouthful of dirt.

The greenskin got up and walked away. It had already forgotten about the weird creature as the sweet smell was the only thing on its mind.

On the roof, hanging upside down. The injured creature observed the events unfold, its mind filled with undeveloped anger and fear emotions. It felt fear as it was afraid of experiencing the pain the club brought it, and it felt anger as the creature that caused the pain was right below it.

As the greenskin walked away, the creature closed its heavy eyelids and slept. Luckily, the pain was slowly fading.

It was only after some time that the creature opened its eyes. Unknowingly, it stretched its wings. It didn't feel any pain, not that it knew it was supposed to feel pain. The only thing on its mind was hatred. It remembered what caused the hatred and immediately set off to settle it.

The creature knew where the greenskin liked to stay, so it headed towards the direction. Soon, it arrived and landed on the roof. It didn't take long before it discovered the greenskin, as only a few of the creatures remained courtesy of its previous hunting.

The goblin in question was sleeping on top of the last remaining goblins. As the leader, it naturally had to assert its dominance by sleeping on top of the others.

The creature sized up the goblin. Right now was the perfect time to attack. But something was holding it back. The fear of experiencing the pain again was no joke. After a little mental struggle, ignorance, and anger suppressed  fear.

It aimed at the neck of the greenskin and swiftly attacked. This time it used its sharp teeth and mercilessly bit off a huge chunk of flesh from the greenskin's neck.

*AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH*

The goblin let out a pained scream as it quickly got up, the other goblins were startled, and they too got up. None of them tried to find the source of the alarm as they each bolted towards different directions, some of them running on all fours.

Only the goblin leader was left on the spot as the flying creature had disappeared in the darkness within a short moment. 

The goblin looked around and saw nothing but the darkness. It was alone. Its kin had abandoned it in its time of need. It felt weak as its life force was quickly dissipating. Its first reaction was to run, and run it did.

On all its fours, the goblin was fast, but it wasn't fast enough.

*Slosh*

The goblin felt another chunk of flesh dislodged from its neck, but it didn't stop. Maybe if it continued running, the pain would go away?

*Slosh*

The goblin was wrong. Running was futile as another chunk of flesh was dislodged. This time, the goblin was sent rolling on the ground. As a last effort, it swung its arms aimlessly. Its trusty club was nowhere to be seen.

The more the goblin swung its arms, the faster its vitality dissipated. Eventually, its motion grew weaker and weaker, and it finally disappeared in the dark mist.

At the roof, the flying creature watched as the greenskin disappeared.

                  You have slain level 10 goblin

Exp gain x400

unable to level up as level cap has been achieved

As the voice and screen appeared on the creature's mind, it knew its job was done, but there was still the job of killing the remaining goblins that had run away, so the creature set off and a hunt begun.

Don't forget to rate. It helps with the ranking.

Also feel free to ask any question or make a comment.


31