Chapter 10
470 12 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Press that 💜

 Backed up to a tree, an ordinary-looking axe ominously lying close to it. The bat gaped in sheer horror at the approaching greenskins. Unimaginable pain assaulted the bat's body as it tried to scurry to its feet

You have been injured.

Healing has automatically started.

The voice did nothing to console the bat's fear, all that was in its mind was how to get out of the current predicament. An almost instinctual premonition warned it of the imminent danger. Every cell of its body screamed for it to get up and fight or run.

The bat tried, but it was futile. All it managed was an unsightly wreathing.

The goblins were apparently aware of the bat's condition as none of them rushed in for the kill. They took their time to smile viciously as they observed the bat's pain in disdain, especially the chief goblin, the creature before it had been responsible for its untold suffering. Making it run around like the other stupid goblins that he was clearly above.

Time was up, and the goblins had had their fun. The leader goblin moved closer to the bat. Its black eyes peered at the struggling bat.

Once the leader goblin was a step away from the bat, it picked up its axe and aimed it at the bat with the intent of finishing it off.

Just as things were getting out of hand, a spectacular sight followed.

The struggling bat ceased its pointless struggles. It then turned its head and peered directly at the goblin's eyes, making it halt its actions.

The bat's eye turned bloodshot, and the surrounding aura became dangerous. A visible ominous aura surrounded the bat as the goblin watched it stand, much to its horror as it couldn't move. It was almost as if the bat's bloody eyes petrified it.

Suddenly, the goblin had a bad feeling as it watched the bat open its mouth, and it was right to feel that way.

*Sccc Rrreee Ccchh*

A demonic scream overwhelmed the leader goblin as it knelt and tried to cover its ears to no avail. The scream was so sharp and deadly that after some time, the leader goblin that was directly exposed to it, failed to hear it again. In fact, it could no longer hear anything. It was as if something important went missing.

You have entered into rage mode

Attack power doubled

Defence doubled

Your body will use the mana pool to fuel this condition

The tables were reversed, and it was the goblin's turn to wreath in agony. Though something was different. Unlike the goblins, the bat wasn't laughing as it continued with its demonic screeching. 

The leader goblin suddenly stopped its wreathing as its hands fell lifelessly.

You have slain level 10 lesser goblin

Exp gain

You have levelled up

Four attributes point awarded

The bat wasn't done. It took to the sky with one mighty leap. Once airborne, it overlooked the remaining four goblins that earnestly covered their ears, though the bat had long ceased its screeching.

The bat targeted one goblin and swiftly descended towards it. The speed was so fast that the bat became a red blur.

*Swoosh*

You have slain level 6 lesser goblin

Exp gain

The goblin's death was merciful as it didn't feel any pain.

The bat then turned and attacked the remaining goblins using a similar attack. In a mere moment, the greenskins became a thing of the past.

The bat looked around, seemingly trying to locate any hidden goblins, but none remained. It was then that the bat's mana was exhausted, and it smoothly fell to the ground and went into a deep slumber.

Just as the bat slept, a presence that was hidden in the shadows emerged.

"Rage mode? But your future class doesn't align with it," the shadowy figure then disappeared to whatever place it came from as it pondered over matters unknown.

****

It was only after a while that the bat managed to wake from its slumber. It struggled to its feet though it was still tipsy as an aching headache assaulted it. The bat experienced its first instance of total mana deprivation.

The bat looked around as memories flooded its tiny head. From what it could remember, goblins were approaching it when everything turned dark. And from there, it didn't remember anything.

The bat no longer pondered on the matter as it brought nothing but a bad taste to it. Slowly, it carefully stepped forward and moved in a tipsy manner for a while before its stagger stopped.

Once the bat's movement became normal, it tried stretching its wings and took to the sky. The bat noticed its speed was faster than before as it flew through the canopy while expertly dodging the branches.

A few rounds later, the bat settled on a tree as it pondered its next move. As far as it could remember, it had slain all the hateful greenskin. Not long after settling down, the bat remembered something it hadn't done in a while.

"Status!" The bat called.

General information

Attributes

Class

Name

???

STR +

24

CHR

100

Name

Level

Progress

Race

Lesser bat

DEX +

22

VIT +

28

Lesser bat

9/20

78%

Sex

Male

AGI +

21

         

Age

0,seasons

INT +

16

         

Hp

100/168

END +

20

         

Mp

20/168

MNT +

28

         

Attribute points: 58

 

Skill list

Name

Level

Proficiency

Flying

9

86%

Dodge

4

82%

Predator

14

4%

Language understanding 

N/a

N/a

Screech 

2

0%

Air dash 

4

0%

Slowly studying the screen in its very vision, the bat discovered some changes, mainly in the numbers. But that was all it could see.

"I think it's time I teach you how to use your status screen," just as the bat was getting bored at looking at the status, a familiar voice sounded. And though the bat's understanding of the language was still pathetically poor, it still understood the intent behind the words perfectly.

The bat was expectant and looked forward to learning something new as it got excitement from the act.

" First, what happened a few days ago was dangerous, and you mustn't repeat it," the voice suddenly took a scolding tone, " though I assume this should be helpful to your growth as you will no longer underestimate your opponents or attack recklessly."

The bat didn't understand the words wholly, but it still understood the intent, and the more the voice spoke to it, the more it understood, thanks to the help of its passive skill [language understanding] and intent behind the voice.

"That aside, I should now teach you," the voice continued. " Just below your screen..."

A long lecture ensued, and the bat listened attentively. Though it didn't understand some words, that wasn't an issue as it committed them to its vast mind castle.

This chapter was purposefully shorter as I wanted to ask you guys, should I introduce characters that would play a role much later?

Also, don't forget to add to your library.


23