Chapter 12
429 9 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Press that 💜


The bat's timing was perfect. It mercilessly attacked the bizarre creature while it was mid-air. The bat flew at the distance and observed the fruit of its labor. The bat cocked its head in puzzlement. Was the strike useless? As far as it was concerned, the attack just now was enough to critically injure a greenskin but the creature before it looked at the bat with annoyance, its look suggesting the bat had dirtied its beautiful fur.

The creature leaped again at the bat, and the bat attacked. After a while, the bat didn't bother to continue attacking as it was pointless. The other beast rested on a branch as its yellow gaze threatened to pierce the bat.

Why is it not dying? The bat wondered.

Suddenly, like an electric shock, an idea coursed through the bat's veins, should I add my attributes? The bat happily thought. It had been looking forward to an opportunity to add its attributes and see how things would proceed.

The bat flew further under the gaze of the creature, but this time rather than pursue the bat, it menacingly stared at it.

The bat, after confirming the creature wasn't following it, perched on a tree, "Status!" It called out loud, shocking the creature below.

The blue screen populated the bat's vision, and it immediately got to work. The realization that it didn't know how to proceed further hit the bat. The bat had fought a few battles to be able to determine its strong points and weaknesses. But one thing was for sure. If it wanted to defeat the creature beneath, it would have to add more strength. So it added [5] points to the strength attribute.

The bat understood the concept of using more than what it earned, so it was stingy to add points.

Power, unlike during level-ups, coursed through its veins, and the bat felt ecstatic and supreme, the feeling tempted it to add more points, and it did. [5] more points were added because the bat liked the feeling.

The available points were reduced to a measly [48], and the bat didn't like it, but it moved forward.

The next thing it needed was faster speed, so it added [5] points to speed. Unlike with the strength attribute, the feeling it got from adding agility was lightness. It felt its body become as light as a leaf. And with that, only [43] points remained.

The bat looked at the screen and wondered what more was there to add. The scene of a goblin smacking it to a tree flashed through its mind. In a fit of anger and fear to experience the pain it felt before, the bat added [8] points to its endurance, and with that, [35] points remained.

The bat thought of no other attribute to add and eyed the screen for one last time before dismissing it.

 General information

Attributes

Class

Name

???

STR +

24(10)

CHR

100

Name

Level

Progress

Race

Lesser bat

DEX +

22

VIT +

28

Lesser bat

9/20

78%

Sex

Male

AGI +

21(5)

 

 

 

 

 

Age

0,seasons

INT +

16

 

 

 

 

 

Hp

168/168

END +

20(8)

 

 

 

 

 

Mp

168/168

MNT +

28

 

 

 

 

 

Attribute points: 35

The bat wasn't shocked as it wasn't an entirely new experience every time it leveled up. It had to adjust its strength a little.With a flap of its wings, the bat shot to the sky with unimaginable speed, colliding with the branches and leaves. Unexpectedly, it couldn't judge how much power to use for simple movements.

A couple of flying through and colliding with the branches later, the bat could judge how much strength to use, albeit not perfectly, but that was enough.

The bat finally remembered it had an opponent to defeat, and what better time to consolidate its strength than now?

The bat quickly rushed down the branches to where the creature was. Surprisingly, the creature had made no effort to move. The bat didn't give the creature time to react as it activated the skill [AIR DASH], the already fast speed increased, and the bat turned to a blur.

YOu have received damage -10

As the bat easily sliced through the creature's thick fur, it received damages of its own.

It finally turned serious as it received pain from the bat. Its eyes scanned but failed to note the bat's position. It sniffed the air to no avail. It was like the bat disappeared right under its nose.

*Swoosh!*

The bat viciously attacked again with unimaginable speed as the beast looked to the other side before disappearing in the thick leaves.

It finally dawned on the beast that if it continued to wait for the bat, things would turn for the worse, so it started to move by jumping from branch to branch to escape to the ground.

*Woosh*

The creature's ears twitched as it felt something rushing through the wind, it turned to attack, but it was too late. Its reaction was slower than its perception.

The confrontation between bat and beast continued for a while. The beast finally regretted as it wondered just how high it had climbed.

Finally, the beast was able to catch sight of the ground, and it used its last strength to rush to it.

*Plop*

On reaching the ground, it crashed in a plop. The beast's vitality hovered in the fatal zone. 

The bat wasn't merciful enough to leave such an opening. It jumped on the creature's back and bit its neck. The creature gave a little struggle before finally succumbing to vitality loss.

You have slain level 12 lesser kobold

Exp gain

You have leveled up

Four attributes point rewarded

The bat finally got off the dead kobold, but this time, a spectacular scene occurred. The kobold was engulfed in dark mist and disappeared. In its place, two shiny circular objects appeared.

The bat adopted a puzzled face. This was a first. It approached the shiny objects and gave them a gentle nudge. Whatever the bat was expecting to happen didn't occur. The bat flinched at the smell of the objects.

Skill unlocked: Appraisal

The bat was first shocked before it was overcome with joy, it had learned a new skill, and nothing was better than new skills.

Immediately, it summoned its skill list and studied it.

Appraisal:  an unlocked skill that allows you to detect unknown objects

After learning the skill's use, the bat wasted no time and got it to work by focusing its gaze on the objects with the intent of knowing what they were.

Gold coin: a form of currency

The creature finally learned what the two objects were, but understanding them was a different issue.

Do you wish to store the item; gold coins?

The system asked, and the bat's interest was piqued. Luckily, Ilhena had explained earlier such a situation. The bat moved its front paw and touched the two coins, "yes!" it shouted.

The two coins disappeared under the bat's paw, the bat examined its paw curiously to see if the coins were somehow hidden in it, but it saw nothing.

The bat then swiped its paw, and the two coins appeared on the ground again. It seemed the bat was a fast learner as it easily understood Ilhena theory.

The bat hence discovered a game, making the coins disappear by placing a paw over them and swiping its paw to make them appear.

Time passed, and the bat wondered how something could be interesting just a moment ago and unbearably boring the next. It stored the coins and took to the sky. It was better off hunting. Will this also become boring? The bat wondered as it flew through the branches.

Hello you, your ratings and favorites help. So please take a moment and do so.

Also, while at it. Add to your library.


23