Chapter 13
443 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Press that 💜


~bats POV~

You have slain level 11 lesser kobold

Exp gain

I have been aimlessly flying through this vast forest as I searched for the damnable greenskins, but all I have encountered so far are this odd beast with sharp eyes and claws. So far, I have managed to slay three of them apart from the first one I encountered. My level has gone up once, making me a level [11]. I wonder how that big goblin would fare with the current me.

It wouldn't have a chance with my power right now. Only a swipe of my claws would be enough to erase it. That aside, though I can't find the goblins, these beasts called kobolds would have to do. If it is to get strong, I will kill anything, not even the kobolds are safe from my powerful claws, but I wonder, what will I do after I get stronger? That is easy. Get even stronger.

Currently, my nimble and light body is jumping from tree to tree as I pursue my next target. I had encountered a group of kobolds, but I didn't attack. Not because I am afraid of them but because I was too lazy to fight them.

"There you are," finally, after some time, I locate a lone kobold. These creatures are weird, unlike the goblins. They don't live in a clan hence making it easier for me to pick them up.

"Haa, you can't see me foolish kobold," I watch as the kobold vigilantly surveys its surroundings but is unable to locate me, "only I can make you see me."

After the kobold doesn't spot me, it continues going on with its business. Just how I wanted it. I swiftly jump off the tree and activate my skill air dash, my eyes lock on the kobold, and the energy within is used to propel my magnificent body towards the ugly kobold.

Once I reach the kobold, I aim at its neck and gracefully slice it. There is something about necks that greatly interests me.

You have slain level 10 lesser kobold

Exp gain

As expected of the system, not a second too late to announce my victorious work, "nothing again?" I wonder. Ever since I slew the first kobold and got two gold coins, I haven't gotten any other. Then why did the first kobold have gold coins, and these didn't?

"Hey, Ilhena, why aren't the kobolds giving me gold coins?" I used the connection to Ilhena to ask her.

"Calling only when you need me, is that it?" Ilhena's soothing voice sounds in my mind. What does she want to talk about the other times?

"I will summon you some other time, ok?" I try to calm her.

"You are growing too fast," Ilhena says and I wonder what she means p. "About the drops, the second floor is low leveled, so don't expect a higher drop rate. As you go lower, the drop rate should increase." I nod at her explanation. If it's like that, then I will look forward to the lower floors.

After that, Ilhena cuts the connection. I wonder what she is doing. Is she also hunting for goblins? I guess I'll have to ask her later.

There is nothing for me here, so I head out for more hunting. This time I hope to encounter a kobold with a drop. Suddenly, my amazing sharp ears catch the rustling of leaves. I don't think twice before jumping and disappearing inside the thick canopy above.

After safely retreating in the shadows, I turn my eyes to see what dares to threaten my peace. I must clarify this. I am not hiding because the noise scared me. I just don't want whoever is responsible for the noise to see who it is that will slay him. After all, only Ilhena and I can enjoy the sight of my beautiful body.

With that out of the way, the hidden creature finally arrives. I had seen this beast before. It is a four-legged beast with branches on its head. I glue my eyes on its body and activate my skill [Appraise]

White-tailed deer: a resilient beast that lives in herds. Their antlers are not to be underestimated as though the beast is shy. It will attack when cornered.

I finally learned the creature's name, just as the deer emerged,p behind it. A kobold followed.

I narrowed my eyes as the kobold leapt towards the deer. The deer wasn't to be underestimated, it made a short leap, and it was out of range. Instead of using the opportunity to run off, the deer turned its horny head and faced the kobold.

The kobold was surprised by the sudden development and also stopped.

The deer broke the tense atmosphere between the two. I watched as it lowered its horny head and charged the kobold.

"Is the deer stupid?" I wondered. Just a while ago, it was being chased, but now it delivered itself to the kobold? I decided to wait and see.

It turns out the deer had some abilities. It dashed towards the kobold with its fast speed startling the kobold, which tried to sidestep, but it was futile.

*Thump*

The deers attack connected, but instead of the kobold flying off from the shock. The deer's horn maimed it.

My body shrunk as I wondered how I would fare under such a vicious attack. Hmmph, I would obviously be unscathed. Such an attack could hurt only weak kobolds and goblins.

The deer wasn't done just yet. With its horns deeply inside the kobolds stomach, it pushed it forward.

*Aaah*

The kobold moaned in pain as the deer connected it to the nearest tree, time went on, and the deer continued to push its head towards the already lifeless kobold.

"Is the deer stronger now?" I wondered if the deer also got stronger the more it slew.

***

I opened my heavy eyelids, and the sight of green caught my eye, "wait, did I fall asleep?" It turns out I did. How I somehow fell asleep is unknown. All I was doing was watching the deer a moment ago, and sleep somehow overwhelmed me.

*Aaah*

I moaned in pleasure as I stretched my tired limbs. The cracking of my sturdy bones was always satisfying to hear.

I finally turned and looked below. The deer was still there. Only that, it was also sleeping? With the kobold attached to its head?

I decided to move closer to investigate. If it were asleep, I would gift it eternal slumber. How dare it sleep undefended? I stealthily approached the deer. As I moved closer, I could hear its heavy breathing.

I moved closer and closer, but the deer showed no sign of moving. If it was a trap, I was faster than it. There was no way it would catch even a glimpse of my beautiful fur.

I warily poked the deer's back, any sign of movement, and I would fly away. The deer didn't move, so it was sleeping? 

With my discovery, my actions became bolder. I jumped on its back and gently inserted my knives-like claws inside the deer's body. The deer only showed a slight irritation. 

I gathered strength on my claws and pushed them deep inside the deer's body. This time, my actions were enough to wake the deer. It rose to its feet in a stagger.

*Plop*

Just as I was considering rushing off, the deer fell to the ground and remained unmoved. "Does this fellow like to sleep so much?" I wondered. Sure, sleep was sweet and always made me feel energized, but it surely wasn't that good.

I decided to teach the deer a lesson, with my claws buried deep inside the deer. I started to stir them. Surely this time, the deer would wake up, right?

You have slain level 14 lesser deer

Exp gain

You have leveled up

Four attribute points awarded.

"Oops! It died."

If you haven't already, please add the book to your library and rate it.

Also, favorite it. This helps the book grow.


23