Chapter 16
344 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

press that 💜

~the bat POV~

After testing out my new skill, I left for the fourth floor. Currently, my form is that of a rock. Just like the mimic, I want to trick the inhabitants of this floor.

Apparently, patience isn't how I roll. Time is ticking and staying still is boring. I change back to my original form. If I am to ambush the beasts that live here, then I have to find them first.

*Sigh*

I should have started by locating the beasts first. This time, I can't find any trees around, let alone the nice grass. As far as my eye could see, only darkness engulfed this vast expanse. I'm not complaining as I like the dark. Ambushing prey should be easier. But wait, if there are beasts here, then they should be able to see perfectly, right? With that, I brace myself for the unknown with raised vigilance.

"Is it a beast?" As I gracefully declare my dominion over the skies, my ears twitch as they catch a disturbance. It was so insignificant that I might have ignored it, but I will not. Just like the first time I came unto this Dungeon, I perch on the roof and silently try to locate the source.

My eyes that never fail me soon detect the source. Huh? What I see manages to invoke surprise in me. Goblins and Kobolds? Indeed, what I see below I can only explain as bizarre. Two kobolds, two goblins. Walking together without fighting.

So far, the thought of kobolds and greenskins working together has never crossed my mind. I don't know why I thought that. I just assumed.

Anyway, my thoughts aside. The kobolds and goblins below me are unlike those on the upper floors if it wasn't for the goblin's unmistakable ugly face. I would have believed it was another type of beast. One of the goblin's presence is almost...well, not present. It has a black shirt and black pants: black shoes and a darker shade of green skin. A quick use of [Appraisal] tells me the shiny blade lying on its waist is called a [common dagger].

The other goblin is slightly taller than the first. Maybe that's because of the contraptions it has on its head? That I don't know, and I don't care. This particular goblin is adorned in a brown robe with a rope tied to its waist. A [Staff] almost as tall as it is, is held tightly on its fat hand.

[Appraisal] tells me the staff enhances [magic]. I'm sure Ilhena mentioned something like that, but I am not sure. Her rants mainly were boring and not worthy of paying attention to.

On the other hand, the kobolds, one equipped [common armour] while the other has [common sword]. The armoured kobold looks huge and fierce in its silvery armour. I am to understand the [common armour] is to increase its defense, though I wonder what its use is if its neck is exposed. All I need to do is slash its neck, and it will be no more.

The kobold with a sword looks intimidating, but I doubt if it can match my speed. In fact, none present can match me. My thoughts almost compel me to take action, but I stop the impulse. Maybe I can use this group to test my new skill.

I drop from my hanging position and stealthily fly further. Since the group is approaching me, I intend to prepare a surprise for them at the front.

****

~Random kobold POV~

The scary [floor boss]divided us into parties with four members each. We are to patrol the floor and ensure no intruders dare step foot onto this floor. The [floor boss] told us it was an order from the [Dungeon]. An order we can't disobey, for it's the [Dungeon] that gave birth to us. We have to protect the [Dungeon] to survive, even if the [floor boss] didn't order us. We would all give our lives to protect the [Dungeon], it isn't wrong to say since our existence. A strong urge from within compels us to fight for the [Dungeon], to protect this place that gives us a strong sense of belonging.

My comrades, the two wrinkly ones and the other one that fights with a sword, agree with me. Though, it has to be said. Patrolling this place is repetitive and tiresome, never have we ever met an intruder, not even once. That said, I will never give up on protecting the [Dungeon].

"Stop."

I halt my steps and turn to the wrinkly one that is hard to see if you aren't concentrating on him, though I don't like him, for the [Dungeon] I have to persevere his presence.

"What is it?" I bark at him.

"I sense something," the wrinkly one looks around vigilantly.

I join him to search the darkness, but I can't detect anything. Is he joking around? My hatred for him grows.

The others also look puzzled by the wrinkly one. Now all of us demand an answer. If he doesn't give a proper explanation, then I will use this opportunity to vent my hatred.

"Something is watching," the wrinkly one says again.

Damn this guy, is there something he can see that I can't? This guy is usually quiet and hard to keep an eye on. I remember a time when I was searching for him, but he was quietly standing behind me. The others laughed at me, and I was not too fond of it.

Just to be sure, my yellow eyes search for any suspicious thing. All I can see is a rock. After ensuring nothing worthy to pay attention to is out there, I turn to the wrinkly fellow. My guess is he's trying to make a joke again. The others are also annoyed and look at him dangerously.

"I'm telling you guys, something is out there," the wrinkly one looks around vigilantly. "I only sensed it for a while before it disappeared."

"What are you talking about?" the other wrinkly one blurts out. "Why only you sensed it?" 

I can tell things are going sour for the 'funny' wrinkly one. The only thing around is that rock that seems closer than before, "wait, what..."

***

~the bat's POV~

That's one. My luck was greater than expected. Who knew the stupid beasts would start bickering once they entered my striking range? Though the greenskin with no presence has sharp senses, somehow, it could sense me even if it was for a bit.

With my first kill, the remaining reacted faster than I expected. Unlike the goblins on the first floors, they don't make a run for it. They ready themselves for battle.

I pick my target and rush towards it, the kobold unleashes its sword, but it is far too late and far too slow. You are mine, just as my claw is about to deliver justice. I catch a bright flash at the corner of my eyes, I am momentarily surprised, and the kobolds blade manages to reach me.

Instinctively, I wrap myself using my wings. 

You have received damage -20

Luckily, my defense is tough, and I only feel slight pain. I look over at what made the flash, and apparently, it's the goblin with a [staff], it was able to throw a [fireball] spell at me. So that's magic?

My thoughts are rudely interrupted as my senses tingle, and I have a bad premonition. I didn't wait to find what it was. I jumped to the sky, where I was unmatched. My decision was correct. The goblin with a [common dagger] appears right where I was. I swear I had forgotten about this guy.

[Air dash], I take this as an opportunity to retaliate. The goblin should let its guard down, if only for a moment. That's all I need.

The goblin notices my movement, but it's too late. I bear out my claws and swiftly and beautifully slay the troublesome fellow.

You have slain level 16 lesser goblin

Exp gain

You have leveled up

Four attributes point awarded

I have done a wonderful job, but it seems I'm not going to bathe in my glory. The kobold with a [common sword] charges at me. Flying away was impossible, so like before, I wrapped myself using my wings and steeled myself to receive the sword.

You have received damage -30

This time, the pain is unbearable. I almost scream out, but the frustrated look on the kobold's face gives me joy. I use this chance and disappear into the darkness. The darkness is my territory. I should easily slay them from there.

From afar, I could see the confused look on the two beasts. Just the way I like it.

I fly higher until I'm sure I can gain enough speed, then I activate [Airdash].

Don't forget to rate and favorite.


14