Chapter 18
280 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Press that 💜


~the bat's POV~

Now that was refreshing. My current excitement is unparalleled. My eyes wander at the three corpses lying beneath me. Yes, these are the corpses of the party I was aiming for. This time I can say the battle went as planned, I shape shifted to a stone, and the fools didn't notice me. Once they were at an attacking range, I attacked.

Under my vicious claws, the big kobold was the first to fall. The others noticed me, but it was too late. I attacked the greenskin that was hard to see before disappearing in the dark. The remaining two were easy pickings, using [airdash], they both perished at my claws. This alone isn't enough to rile me up this much. What excites me is the shiny pink object before me.

My luck finally proved to be useful. The last goblin I killed left me a drop. 

[Appraise], I call up my skill and intently look at the tiny object about the size of my fist.

Common crystal; a common type of crystal that can be found in low-level mines, used mostly by blacksmiths to decorate weapons. 

Although Ilhena told me the word [common] is used to describe worthless treasures, my excitement remains. I reach out my hand and feel the [common crystal]. It is hard. If I compare it to the ground, it's most certainly hard.

A thought crosses my mind. I want to test if I can break it but hold back the impulse. This is the only treasure I have, and I don't want to part with it so soon.

I sniff it, but it has no particular smell. For the last test, I stick out my tongue and taste it. Just like all the beasts, the taste is blunt. I lose interest in it and store it in my inventory.

My eyes wander in an effort to locate my next target. My destination is set. I spread my wings and fly off.

****

"Die," the huge kobold wielding a gigantic sword yells and charges at me. Naturally, I don't let him have his way. I fly off to avoid his swing.

I have to kill this guy quickly, [airdash], I call out and shoot towards the kobold. My attack connects perfectly, but the result is disappointing. The huge beast doesn't even flinch. It turns its head and stares at me with its yellow eyes full of hatered. Another swing follows, and I dodge again.

To be honest, this fight is going nowhere. First of all, this isn't how I prefer to fight. I prefer when the enemy doesn't know I'm coming, so, then how did I get here?

I was fighting a party, and this guy showed up from nowhere. Well, I think the commotion attracted him. From his abnormal size, I figured he was the [floor boss]

*Swoosh*

The big kobold slashes his sword towards me, but I use [dodge] and fly out of the way. This is getting boring. Although he can't injure me, the same can be said to me. I didn't want to do this so soon, but I'm left with no choice. With that, I disappear into the darkness away from the kobold's eyesight. What I'm planning to do is to distribute my attributes points.

I settle at the roof and summon my status, the numbers I'm seeing excite me. Another thing is I'm only three levels to another evolution. I wonder what I'll become. Something fierce and marvelous, I presume.

My excitement aside, I concentrate on how to distribute my points. From the previous battles, what I need the most is power. To ambush and kill in one strike, I'll need powerful strikes, with that in mind. I allocate [5] points to strength. I can feel the alien power coursing my veins. My body feels lighter, and I bet I can break the kobolds defenses.

I add another [5] to agility and another [5] to dexterity, and with that, points worth four-level ups are gone. I don't feel any regret as with this. I'll be able to level up faster though I wish I had more skills.

My new power needs consolidation, and what better way to do it than with the confused target below me?

I loosen my grip from the roof and free fall. My eyes then lock on the kobold, and I activate [airdash]. If my agility was still the same, I would have crashed. Unlike before, [airdash] is really fast. Nevertheless, I still manage to hit my target. It wasn't a one-strike one-kill, but I could still see progress. 

*Kueek*

The kobold lets out a pained scream, but I could care less. What follows is a series of attacks until it can move no more

You have slain level 19 lesser kobold

Exp gain

I question my luck again as no drop appears, hmph! There's nothing for me here. 

****

I don't know how long it has been since I started killing without rest. All I know is this is the eighth floor. Normally I wouldn't have tried this, but something frustrating compelled me. I'm stuck at level 19, and no matter how many goblins and kobolds I kill. I'm unable to level up. The bright side to this is that I have two new skills, [echolocation] and [enhanced vision]. [echolocation], as the system puts it, is a passive skill that enhances my perception. I unlocked it while desperately searching for prey. [Enhanced vision] is supposed to improve my eyesight, I can't say I like it, but it's better than nothing.

This floor is the same as the second one in terms of scenery and type of prey. It is a forested area infested with goblins. If it were before, I would have rejoiced at such an opportunity as I really hated goblins, but the number I've killed so far has somehow managed to quench my boundless hatred.

I have managed to kill the mob, and now all that remains is the boss. Locating him should be easy as I know exactly where he is.

A while later, I arrived at the place. Like the second-floor greenskin's, the leader is located inside a fenced area. The aura the goblin exudes tells me he isn't my match. I don't need to wait for an ambush.

I activate [airdash] and shoot towards him.

You have slain level 19 lesser goblin

Exp gain

Even with that, I'm still unable to level up. Should I rest? Obviously, the answer is no, I can't stop until I level up to level 20

With that, I summon the gate to the next floor.

Sorry for the late update.


16