Chapter 5
260 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With tears in my eyes, I left the arcade center. This was a weird thing I was going through. I was happy and sad at the same time.

Takashi was with me until I reached my house. He didn’t say anything, but I could tell he was trouble by my current emotional state. Even I was troubled by it.

As I said goodbye to him I couldn’t look him in the eye. He in turn said nothing. I closed the door and headed to my room.

I don’t how many times I watched and re-watched the video on my phone. Mother looked so happy.
After my mother's death, my father drifted more and more into his work. Until finally he was never home.

Kaya was hired to take care of the house and us. She lives in the house next door and comes to clean and prepare lunch for us.

Maybe what am truly feeling isn’t happiness or sadness but loneliness?
Loneliness that sensei helped me forget?
Loneliness that I once again wish to forget?

I don’t know

I decided to send a copy of the video to my dad.

/*Line Message*/
Sent Video to [DAD]
/****/

“Wow”

“Unreal”

I was back at school and after much grilling from my friends who noticed my odd behavior, I told them what happened on the date with Takashi.

“I must say that was an impressive move,” Kurumi uttered in amazement

“I will say it again, unreal. He did all that for a date.” Haruko said with heart-shaped eyes. The was a hopeless romantic

“Talk about boyfriend material. So what happened next?”

“I sort of went home.”

“Eh…you ditched him at the arcade center.”

“No…no…no. He followed me home.”

“And then?”

“And then nothing. I said goodbye and he left.”

“I feel sorry for the dude.”

“Oi Oi Oi…What are you trying to say.”

“What I am trying to say is that after all his efforts he didn’t even get a kiss goodbye from the easy lay. That's got to sting his pride.”

“What did you say Kurumi?”

“Just saying the facts…”

“Enough you two.” Haruko intervened with a bump on our heads. “In any case, this Takashi seems to have put a lot of thought into this. Perhaps he really is interested in having a long-lasting relationship with you.”

When Haruko said that, the face of the boy I am currently dating came to mind. He was quick to say sorry. His fashion sense was not poor but not the best either. He stumbled on his words and was quick to blush.

He was clearly a virgin. Why would a virgin try to have a long relationship with the easy lay?

“Do you think so?”

“Either that or he lost one hell of a penalty game.”

“Not funny Kurumi,” Haruko said before bumping her head a second time. “Now then have you seen him since then?”

“No.”

“This is your chance. Ask him to see the Cherry blossom in Tokyo.”

“I can’t do that.”

“And why not…”

Haruko had an annoyed look when I stopped to talk properly after her question.

“I can’t understand your mumbling. Speak properly, dummy.” She said before bumping me too.

“He already asked me to go with him.”

“Eh!!”

“Seriously,” Kurumi said in shock

“Why didn’t you say that earlier? We need to make preparation. Do you have a kimono?”

“About that.” I presented them the kimono rental ticket Takashi had given me. It allows one to rent a kimono for a whole two days. Perfect for those who need to borrow a kimono for one whole day.

“He thought this far ahead. We will need to go and choose a kimono for your big day ASAP”

As Haruko was making plans,

“Excuse me Hinata.” A boy came up to us

“What is it?”

“I was wondering if you got my message in your shoe locker yet. I have been waiting at the usual spot all this time.”

“I did…”

“Then?”

“I am sorry but I am in a relationship right now.”

“Eh…Still.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” I glared at the boy.

“Nothing… Tch… So when is it ending.”

“Oi” It was Kurumi who spoke

“Eh… Miyashiro-san… what do you want?”

“To no longer see that ugly excuse for a face. Can’t you see that we are busy here?”

“But…”

“No buts or do you want to anger Haruko here even more.”

When it came to romantic stuff and fashion planning. Haruko becomes even scarier than me when someone interrupted her.

The evil smile she was giving off right now would scare the devil.

[​IMG]

“Excuse me!!!” He said as he ran with the tail between his legs.

“Now that the distraction is gone. Hinata, are you still receiving notes in your shoe locker?” with her dark smile now gone Haruko asked me a question

“Not really. Today was the first day after I started going out with Takashi. Maybe he assumed we broke up because I didn’t arrive with him this morning”

“Eh…You guys come to school together?

“Yeah… He always waits for me at the station.”

“And he didn’t this time?”

“I sent him a line message not to. I figured it would be best if we spend a little time apart after what happened.”

“Oi Oi… Aren’t you like totally in a relationship if you’re acting like that?” Kurumi uttered

“Eh?” what was she saying, “We are dating right now. So you could say we are in a…”

“That is not what Kurumi is trying to say. Hinata, it is unusual for you to act like this in your past
relationships. You are basically acting like a girl in love.”

“What are you saying Haruko. Me in love? That is crazy.”

“Then prove it. Go to his class right now and make plans to go home together.”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

“It’s not my style”

“Eh?”

“I have a reputation to protect♥.”

“You dummy.”

 

***

I was standing outside my school waiting for Takashi. Haruko used my phone to send him a message to suggest we go home together. He replied that he was on cleaning duty for his class and that it was alright for me to head off first.

“Listen here. You wait for him right here, you hear. I find out you left without him, expect a lecture from me.”

“Hai…”

Seriously, that girl can be scary when she wants to. And she didn’t take my reputation joke well.

“Hinata-san?”

After waiting for a while a familiar voice called out to me. He was standing there with a nervous look on his face.

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to trouble you with my foolish idea.”

“No, you didn’t. I was just overwhelmed by the video I saw; thats all. It was a really sweet thing to do. No one has ever done something like that for me, so. Takashi, thank you very much.”

[​IMG]

I smiled when I replied. I don’t know why but this wasn’t the usual bright smile I gave my boyfriend. It felt different. More natural. Like my past efforts were all an act. This must have just been my imagination.

“If there is anything I can do to repay you, just name.”

“Really?”

“Sure.”

If my past experience is anything to go by then what he will most likely ask would be…

“Can I hold your hand when going home?”

“Eh...”

“I would like to hold your hand when going home. If that is alright with you.”

“Are you sure?”

He nodded to my question. This is the sort of thing that a couple does right. I never really did this in the past. Sensei would do it sometimes but that was only when there were no people around us.

Could my friends be right? Does Takashi really want that sort of relationship with me?

I wanted to ask him. I wanted to know what he wanted. Did he not know of my reputation?

As it stood I wouldn’t mind going to a shady motel if he asked.

I wanted to know, but the words couldn’t escape my mouth.

I didn’t know why they wouldn’t.

I stretched out my hand and grabbed his. And together we went home with our hands holding.

9