Chapter 7
323 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I told Haruko and Kurumi what had happened between sensei and me and Kurumi was the first to speak, “AV actress.”

“Huh!?” I glared at her

“I mean, your ice cream is finished. Let me get you another.”

“Geez, that girl.” I complained

“Hinata…” Haruko called out. She had a serious look on her face. It made me nervous.

“What it is Haruko?”

“Do you really want to forget sensei?”

“Eh… Why are you asking that?”

“Noting… forget I asked the question.”

“O-okay”

“So. When are you and boyfriend-kun going?”

“This weekend. We will catch the early train to Tokyo and catch the late train back.”

“I see. Don’t forget to bring some gifts.”

“EEEH… Then hand me some money.”

“Come on. Don’t be so cheap. Even a festival toys will do.”

“I am not good at playing those games.”

“Get boyfriend-kun to do it.”

“I don’t get the impression he would good at it either.”

“Because sensei wasn’t?” she glanced in my direction with sharp eyes. She clearly had something on her mind.

“No, he just seems not to be good with physical games,” I said firmly

“Didn't he... Never mind... Okay…”

I wonder just what she wanted to say.

It was the day of my date with Takashi. I woke up super earlier. I am not good with mornings and today I had to get up earlier than when I go to school.

Kaya was kind enough to come and help me put on my kimono.

“You look, beautiful miss. Your boyfriend is going to be so shocked.”

“Thanks, Kaya.”

Kaya never asked about my personal life but she was clearly interested in Takashi. She pounded me question after question.

It made me realize just how little I knew about him myself.

Maybe I should ask him on the train ride.

Wait… What is this? Have I ever asked my exes about their personal information?

I haven’t, haven’t I?

Maybe I should put some more effort into these things.

[​IMG]

“Cute.” That was the first thing that came out of Takashi’s mouth when he saw me. He was waiting for me at the train station like he always does in the morning. Having someone wait for you feels kind of nice I have to admit.

None of my exes ever did something like that for me. We would meet up at school or the movies or just meet up at the motel. Waiting for my arrival at train station never happened.

As the train started off for Tokyo. Takashi was polishing what looked like a professional camera. Looks like he is going to take pictures of the cherry trees.

I took this opportunity to ask him some questions.

Turns out he is in class 3-A. I never really knew the class or maybe I never paid attention before.
He is an only child and lives in an apartment alone. His mother is an international journalist while his father is a businessman in America.

Seems like he hardly sees his parents but he is not lonely at all. They talk a lot online and he likes the fact that his parents are not always around to nag him.

I couldn't help but chuckle when he said that.

He has already decided to go to Tokyo University. The one university in all of Japan.

That’s one place I will never get into.

He answered all the questions I had for him but his questions never really touched my private life.
What’s my favorite color, TV, games, things to do? He never asked about my exes or why I had such a reputation at school.

Did he not care or was he being considerate of me?

We finally arrived at the cherry blossom festival. As you can imagine it was a beautiful sight to behold. The beautiful cheery blossom tree was in full bloom in the park.

The vibrant color of the flowers was eye-catching.

I turn to take a glimpse of Takashi, only to find him staring directly at me. His face turn red and he turned away while saying sorry over and over.

He is always too quick to apologize but I was happy he did that. I could my face redden as well. It was lucky he didn’t see that.

We walked through the park while taking pictures of the tree. For some reason, he was taking pictures of me in front of the trees. Looks like I became a model.

We then head where street stalls were set up. There were stalls for food, games, and alcohol.
It was almost like a cultural festival that we hold at school.

“Where do you want to go?”

It was rare for a guy to ask me my thoughts on what we should do. If sensei just dragged me around that time.

No…no thinking of sensei.

“Ah… Haruko made me promise to win her and Kurumi some toys, but I am not good at these kinds of games.”

“That sounds fun, let’s give it a try. You will never know. Maybe this is our lucky day.”
Despite him saying that I wasn’t expecting anything. To my utter surprise, I was mistaken.

“Winner. Nice shooting youngster. The prize is yours.”

“Thanks very much, mister.”

“That is some skilled boyfriend you there miss. You’re lucky.

I could give a wry smile and bow in gratitude at the stall keeper’s words. That was his 22nd game victory. He was now carrying 22 stuffed toys. Two of which were giant stuffed animals that I was sure Kurumi and Haruko would love.

I hadn’t won anything yet. I guess I am going to have to disappoint them…

“Do you think your friends will like these?”

“Eh…”

What is he talking about?

“You are going to give these to my friends?”

“Isn’t that why we were playing the games?”

I was surprised by what he was saying. I thought he was just along for the ride as I attempted to win toys for my friend but he was playing for me too?

Why would do that?

There is no reason for him to do that. I was the one who made a promise to Haruko. This has nothing to do with him.

“Are you sure?”

“What do you mean?”

“I am the one who made the promise with my friends. There is no need for you to hand over your winnings.”

He looked surprised by what I was saying for a moment and then spoke.

“But the only prize I want is to see is your smile.”

I opened my eyes wide when I heard those words. For some reason, I didn’t want to see his face and quickly turned around.

“Hinata” he called my name. I could hear the worry in his voice but I couldn’t turn around. Why was my heart beating so fast?

“Hinata..?”

“I am fine. Just a bit tired.”

“Then we should rest. I will get you something to drink.”

“Sure thing. I will hold on to the toys.”

“There is no need for that. I will have them shipped to your house.”

“Eh… What do you mean?”

“There is a shipping stall owned by a shipping company nearby. I will have them ship the toys to your home, otherwise, it will be a hassle to carry these home even if we split them between us. You can then give your friends directly.”

“I see. Thanks.”

“You can rest over at that bench. After I drop off the toys I will buy us a drink and some food. What would like?”

“Surprise me…”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Okay then.”

As I sat there thinking about what had just happened I could help but feel that something was different.

In the past, I formed a relationship with boys after sensei because I wanted to fill the emptiness I felt after I broke up with sensei. I admit that I never put much effort into the relationship but neither did the boys. They just wanted to do me and move on, but I didn’t care about that.

In the brief time, I was with them the hurt lessened. I used them just as much as they used me.
But this is different. Takashi is different. I have dated many virgins who were nervous but this different from that.

He isn’t nervous about losing his virginity; it’s a different kind of nervous vibe he is giving off.
He is different from the other boys.

No. He is also very different from sensei. Sensei never treated me like this. He always dragged me off into his own little world, but Takashi is different.

Rather than dragging me off, he is more like trying to get into my own world.

My own world?

What does it even look like? What have I been doing all this time? Was what I felt for sensei wrong?

“Is that you Hinata?”

My heart sank when I heard those words.

9