Chapter 8
222 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I clearly remembered that voice. It had a distinct impact on my life.

When I turned to look at who had spoken. I saw an ikemen standing in front of me.

His name was Kawamura Taysuke, a second-year like myself. He is currently traveling with the baseball club and is the ace player.

Next to him was a classmate of mine but I had never really talked to her.

As I turn my attention back to Taysuke he had this glee in his facial expression. His vibe was totally different from the guy who asked me out before summer break last year.

We ended up having sex on the spot where confessions usually happen at the school just moments after his confession to me and broke up shortly afterward.

That was probably the reason the spot is now called ‘the easy lay spot’

“I can’t believe it is actually you.” He said

“Hi Kawamura-san, it nice to see you again. “ I was suppressing a wry smile as I answered.

I looked around for any sign of Takashi returning. I needed to end this quickly. I didn’t want Takashi to run into him.

Wait...

Why don’t I want Takashi to meet him?

It’s not like I am ashamed of my past or anything. If Takashi has a problem with my past then he should break up with me…

That’s right he should… wait… no… I don’t…

“It truly is. The team is playing a game with a local team in Tokyo. Did you come to watch the game?”

“Ah…no. I came for the cheery festival.” Please leave

“Is that so? Well, it is a beautiful thing to see. I came here with Taniko-san here.”

“Hello,” she said with an irritated look on her face.

“Hello.” I also don’t want you here. Please go.

“I have an idea. Why don’t you join us?”

“Eh…” Taniko said when she heard Kawamura’s words

“I am sorry, but I came with someone.”

“One you girlfriends? She can join us too…”

Is this guy dense or what? “No. I came with my boyfriend.”

“Eh…” Now, it was his turn to act surprised, “Is that so? You’re dating someone.”

“Yeah.”

“Come on Taysuke, let’s not disturb her on her date,” Taniko uttered but Kawamura brushed off her attempt to drag him away.

“It not like it is serious or anything right? He will understand if you tell him that you want to hang out with me right.”

Is he serious?

I looked him straight in the eye and could tell that he was serious about it.

I can’t let Takashi meet this guy

“I have been going out with him for close to a month now. So it is serious. Umm… I don’t want to be rude but can you leave.”

Taniko seems to be surprised by what I said. She whispered to herself, ‘Hinata is in a serious relationship; and for a month.”

I heard what she said, even if she herself thought I couldn’t. I have sharp hearing after all.

“Don’t screw with me,” Kawamura shouted. “What do you mean you’re in a serious relationship? You are Hinata the slut, you can’t be in a serious relationship.”

“What I can and can’t be has nothing to do with you.”

“It does. Right after we did it, I played my best ever game ever, and from there I grew from strength to strength; but lately I have been sluggish. That is when I realized it is all because of you Hinata.”

“What?”

“Don’t you see? You are destined to be mine?”

This guy... What is he saying? I am no lucky charm.

“Oi Oi…I think you have a screw loose somewhere. What you’re saying is ridiculous.”

“Don’t say that I have a screw loose you bitch.”

“Taysuke. Let’s go.” Taniko said after his shouting gathered some attention towards us.

“Not yet. I am not finished here.”

“I think you are.”

I turned and found Takashi had returned.

Oh no. My fear has come to pass.

“You are kidding me. You’re dating this nerd looking guy? Are you serious?”

“Taysuke let's go please…”

“Get off me bitch.” He said before shrugging her off him. She fell to the ground before looking back at him with a pale face.

And who would blame her? Taysuke looked like a crazy person. He was glaring at Takashi before directing it at me.

Luckily, I did know some basic defense but I was still concerned whether they would be of any use against an athletic person like him. Plus my kimono made it hard to move.

Just as I was thinking that when Takashi stood in front of me. I couldn’t see what facial expression he was making. All I could see was his back. Was it always so big?

“Oi this nothing to do with you,” Kawamura shouted

“On the contrary, it has everything to do with me. You are the one who doesn’t belong here.”

“Don’t get cocky. Do you know who I am?”

“Nope. But I will gladly direct you to the nearest police station. Maybe they can help you find your parents.”

Eh… Did he just make a joke? In this situation?

“Why you.”

Kawamura swan a right fist wildly at Takashi’s face but Takashi moved his head slightly backward, avoiding the fist, before head butting Kawamura who was carried forward by his wild swing.

Kawamura fell on his ass from the impact. His nose was bleeding.

“Dam it all. You…”

“Are you sure you want to continue? If word gets out about what you did here I doubt your career will be as bright as it is now.”

So he did know who he was.

“Tsk…Lets go Taniko.”

“No…”

“What did you say?”

“I am going back home. I don’t want to be near you.”

“You little bitch…”

“EEEE” She cried as Kawamura moved closer to her but then

“Leave! Right now.” Takashi said in a threatening manner

Kawamura got up and started to walk away, but he couldn’t leave without taking one final swing.

“Hey. Did you know I fucked your girlfriend just moments after meeting her?” He shouted back before running away.

That bastard…

I was fuming so hard inside that I didn’t immediately notice Takashi apologizing to the onlookers about the trouble we had caused.

He then went to check up on Taniko who was still on the ground.

“Are you alright?”

She blushed before accepting his hand and getting to her feet.

I don’t know why but I didn’t like it. I wanted to voice my complaint but was I in a position to speak.

This happened because of me. I ruined this date.

“Hinata” he called out to me.

“Yes."

"Can you hold this for a moment?”

He handed me a tray with two drinks and two hamburgers and some packets of fries.

He fought while still holding on to this. I didn’t notice.

Takashi has always looked to me as a nerdy kind of guy but was he?

As I wondered that Takashi guided Taniko to the bench.

As she sat there he began to inspect her right leg.

Did she sprain her ankle?

“It looks fine but I think it would be best to not put too much pressure on it for a while.”

“Ah…thank you.” She replied while blushing

It was irritating to watch.

“How are you going home?”

“Umm, I have an aunt who lives here. I will spend the night at her place before heading home. There is no need to worry about me.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes.”

“Then I will go and arrange for a taxi. You rest up here…”

“No… I can’t possibly inconvenience you guys on your date like this.”

“It’s not an inconvenience. We have already seen everything here, plus there is one other place I would like to show Hinata before we head back, so it’s fine.”

“Eh…”

“Sorry… It was supposed to be a surprise.” He answered to my surprise.

“You see… I am definitely inconveniencing you two.” Taniko said in a panic.

“No, you are not.” I said, “Just let us do this, otherwise it will really be an inconvenience if we spend the rest of the day worrying about you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay then, sorry, but I will impose on you two.”

“Alright… I will go and arrange for a taxi. You two guys rest up and eat up as well.”

“Eh… is that alright?” Taniko asked

“It is. I will grab something on my way to find a taxi.”

“Okay”

I watched as Takashi went off. I couldn’t put two thoughts together as I watched him walking away.

“Ah no… Hinata-san.”

“Yes… Ahhhh….”

“Just call me Taniko.”

“Alright, Taniko-san. What is it?”

“Who is that guy?”

“That’s Sano Takashi. He is a 3rd year at our school.”

“Senpai Sano-san.” She said while blushing.

I didn’t like it.

 
7