Chapter 10
226 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Takashi and I ate lunch together on the rooftop I found myself amazed by his bento. It looked even better than what Kaya had made for me.

I couldn’t resist the temptation to ask for a bite.

It’s good. It’s really good.

“Where did you buy this?”

“Eh… I made it.”

“Really?”

“Yah… Ah no… can I have a bite of yours?” He shyly asked

“Sure.”

“Wow, it tastes good. You are an amazing cook.”

Liar. While I normally hate liars, I will late Takashi’s lie go this time around. Not because I like him or anything, it's just that I couldn’t bring myself to correct his assumption of me being the cook.

However, it still kind of bothered me that he lied. Maybe it was to protect my feelings?

Sorry, but I didn’t cook this.

In fact, I can’t cook.

Kaya did and compared to yours, this is average. Sorry Kaya but it’s the truth.

When I later told Kaya of my thoughts she said something on the line of, “I will not lose to a schoolboy.”

She was fired up to make a better bento than him. But the bar was set high I must admit.

As I enjoyed my meal with Takashi I was unaware of the things happening in school.

***

“Ohiyo… Taniko.”

“Eh… Haruko-san, why are you talking to me?”

“Do I need a reason to talk to a classmate?”

“Umm… no, but we never really talked before.”

“That was then, this is now. That is an extra big bento you brought today. Why is that?”

“Eto… I thought I was going to be super hungry today so I made extra.”

“Is that so? Then let us join you then.”

“Eh… No. You don’t have to do that. You always eat with Kurumi and Hinata…?”

“If you’re wondering about Hinata. She went to have lunch with her boyfriend.”

“Is that so?”

“It is.”

“I see.”

This girl. I knew she would fall for Takashi. She was peeking at Hinata the whole day. She was probably planning to make a move on him. I guess I will keep an eye on her for Hinata's sake. As they say, ‘keep your friends close and your enemies closer

***

In class 3-A five boys talked amongst themselves as Hinata and Takashi slipped away.

“Was that really Hinata?” the first bay said

“Dude, are you telling me to don’t remember the face of the girl you fucked.” The second boy question

“I am not saying anything like that. It just that, she seems different.”

“O please; once a slut, always a slut.” A third boy joined in

“What does it matter to us? We all hit that and dumped it. Does it really matter if she has changed or not?” a fourth argued

“I guess you’re right. But to think Takashi of all people would be the one dating her now. I guess she will fuck anyone who comes her way.” The first one sneakered as he said that.

“I wonder about that.” The second uttered

“What do you mean?” The fourth one asked

“He still gives of virgin vibe. I bet they haven’t done it yet.”

“Eh…? What is he waiting for then?” The third one asked.

“It is only a rumor but I heard that Hinata had been dating the same guy for a month now. I guess it was referring to her and Takashi.”

“Seriously.” The first asked, “What is wrong with him. Everyone Hinata is just slut. He should hit that and let the next guy have a go.”

“Didn’t you see the bento she was carrying? I think this a serious relationship.”

“Really? Now that I think about it, I guess she never gave me a bento when we were together.”

“Me too”

“And me.”

“Same.”

“This makes me irritated.” The fifth finally spoke. He was the ikemen of the group of average-looking guys.

“What wrong Sakurano?” the fourth asked

“That Takashi taking Hinata all for himself. Doesn’t he know that she belongs to everyone?”

He wasn’t hiding his thoughts and voiced them loud enough for the girls nearby to overhear.

The girls didn’t like Hinata but his words still made them look at Sakurano with irritation.

“Calm down Sakurano. What does it matter? You already tapped that ass. It doesn't matter what she does next?” the fourth pointed out.

However, Sakurano wasn’t going to let this go so easily. When he was with Hinata, he often called her out for not putting more effort into their relationship. Now seeing her coming to ask her new boyfriend out to lunch made his blood boil.

That bitch, was she playing with me this whole time?

“Sakurano, I don’t need to remind you but don’t do anything that will get the student council president’s attention.” The fourth spoke

“Tch…”

***

It has been nothing but smooth sailing between me and Takashi for the past few weeks. We have gotten into our own little routine.

He would pick me up from the train station and walk me to school. We ate lunch together and chatted. He was trying to get me to join this PVP challenger game called mon-kon.

After a while, I accepted. He often challenges me to games. I am pretty bad at it has been practicing behind his back with the help of Kurumi and Haruko.

For some reason, Taniko joined our circle. She was really excited when I introduced the game to her. Haruko bumped her on the head while saying, ‘don’t get any funny ideas, you hear?’

I don’t know why she did that but whatever.

With summer vacation fast approaching I am worried that I will have to take makeup classes if my grades don’t improve but luckily Takashi has agreed to help me out.

He is going to start coming over the weekends to tutor me. He will be the first tutor since sensei… Stop it Hinata.

I promised myself that I would focus all my attention on making it work with Takashi. That means no thinking about Sensei.

I was standing outside the school gate waiting for Takashi to come out. He was called by the student council and asked me to go ahead but I want to surprise him, so I stayed.

Kurumi and Haruko couldn’t help but tease me when I said I will wait for him. Taniko said nothing and just watched on before being dragged by the other two.

“Hinata?”

The person that had called to me as I was waiting, was Takashi’s classmate and my ex-boyfriend Sakurano. He was one of the five boys I saw hanging out in the corner of Takashi’s class the first time I went to pick him up for lunch.

Ever since then we just meet up on the roof.

“What is it Sakurano-san?”

“So you remembered my name?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Nothing. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you have left a while ago?”

“I don’t see how it is any of your concern but I am waiting for Takashi.”

His cheek twitched when he heard that. He seemed irritated for some reason.

“Is that so? Tell me something. What is so great about Takashi anyway?”

“Great?”

“Yah… What is great that a bitch like you would go as far as to wait for him?”

Dam it. Another Kawamura has appeared.

“Why aren’t you answering me?”

“Sakurano, I think we should end it here.”

“Don’t give me that crap bitch. I am the one who gets to end it not you. You think you’re hot stuff just because you’re pretty? Don’t kid yourself. You have nothing I haven’t seen before.”

It pained me that I couldn’t fight back. What he said was true. He had seen everything I had.

“Just what do you want?”

“An answer. Why are you treating him different from the way you treated me?”

“Eh…”

“I asked you put in more effort when we were dating but you never changed. It was always sex and nothing else. Admit it. You used me.”

He had such a pained look on his face when he said that. I don’t know why but I could relate to that pain. It was as if I had felt that pain before.

I knew this wouldn't end unless i answered him honestly.

“Your right, I used you just like I used all the others.”

“You bitch…”

“But! It was not like you didn’t use me either.”

“What are saying?”

“You could have said no, but you didn’t. The moment I mentioned sex, you jumped at it with open arms and even started to ask for it yourself.

DON’T PLAY THE VICTIM HERE.

I admit I didn’t put in the effort but neither did you. Did you ever take me out dates? Win me presents at a festival, or even just hold my hand and walk me home?

You didn’t.”

“I… I…”

“Sakurano” I called out his name as he struggled to speak, “I accept most of the blame for our relationship failing. You probably think I don’t understand what you’re going through but I do. The reason I jumped from relationship to relationship was because I was trying to forget someone. Someone who I loved very much, but that person broke my heart and it was so painful. I just needed something to fill in the void, and I used you and others to do so. If I have caused you pain I am sorry. I just wanted to not feel empty anymore.” I cried out.

My eyes were teary. This was the honest truth and I had said out-loud for the first time.

“I see. And Takashi has filled that hole?”

“Not yet… But I am hopeful.”

“I am sorry. I never noticed that you were in pain. I was just forcing myself delusions on you." he looked depressed when he said those words. I never really connected with him outside of physical connection, so i couldn't understand what he was thinking, "I hope you will finding happiness in your life Hinata.”

“Thanks, Sakurano...”

Sakurano headed off and I began to dry the tears in my eyes. I didn’t want Takashi to find me like that.

A while later Takashi appeared. He had finished his business with the student council and arrived at the gate.

I greeted him with my brightest smile but for some reason, he didn’t seem that surprised that I was waiting for him.

He handed me an extra cola he had bought from the vending machine and we headed off for the train station.

He seemed to be thinking about something and wasn’t really paying attention to me.

‘Not yet’ he mumbled to himself…

It couldn’t be that he heard my talk with Sakurano, could it? I wanted to know, I wanted to ask but I could bring myself to do so. For the first time in a while, we walked in silence.

7