Chapter 20
211 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt like the rug had been pulled from under me. My heartbeat froze in place.

Why is he here? Why now? Did he see me kiss Takashi? Wait, does it matter what he saw? I have already love Takashi. I am over sensei… right?

“Hinata?” Takashi called out to me but I couldn’t move to look at him. My eyes were firmly locked on the face of the man who just entered.

My shocked expression must have troubled him because he spoke again.

“Ha-ha it must be a big surprise to see me again after all this time, but I hope we can get along as I become your teacher again.”

“Teacher? What are you saying?”

“Ho, my is the room not empty…” A girl's voice entered the room.

Isn’t that the girl who was with Takashi that time? She is supposed to be his childhood friend and the student council president, right? What is she doing with sensei?

“Takashi… what are you doing here?” she asked

“I was doing my summer homework Minako, what about you? Who is this?”

“This is the new homeroom teacher for class 2-D. Sensei Hirokumi. I was showing him around the school.”

“Is that so?”

“Nice to meet you Takashi, are you also part of the class?”

“Ah... no, I am a third-year with Minako there.”

“Ho… I see. And what is your relationship with Hinata-chan over there?”

Why is asking about that? What should I do?

“I am her boyfriend.”

He said it so forcefully that it snapped out my shock. I finally managed to turn my head toward him.

Did he sense that there was something between me and sensei? Wait, during my sister's outburst, she did mention I had a history with a sensei. Even if she never mentioned his name, given how I am reacting here, it wouldn’t take a genius to figure out that the person Madoka was talking about is him.

“Is that so? I am happy for you Hinata. He looks like a good catch.”

“Thank you sen-” I stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn’t bring myself to call out his name. I wanted to leave. This situation was too much for me to handle.

“This may sound rude of me, but Hinata-san and Takashi, would you mind helping me show sensei around?”

Not that… Anything but that.

“The thing is Minako…”

I could hear Takashi getting ready to give an excuse. He was clearly doing this for my sake, but I didn’t want him to have to do that for me… I didn’t want to be a burden to him, but…

Just then the other door to the classroom opened…

“There is no need for them to do so… We will help you out president.”

“Kurumi? Haruko?”

They looked exhausted. They must have run here. Haruko was glaring at sensei. She had met him before, although it was only for brief moments at a time. From the look on her face she must remember him.

“Takashi… sorry to ask you, but can you take Hinata home? She looks really pale. I think we went overboard with our prank earlier.”

“Um... Sure…”

“Haruko” I called out to her

“Sorry for earlier Hinata. I will be sure to hear all of your scolding later, but for now I think you and Takashi should head home.” She answered with a smile.

For someone like me to have a friend like her… I am truly lucky…

As we left the classroom I thought I could feel a cold glare directed at me. I wonder from where it was coming from?

 

***

Because it was a weekend the trains were virtually empty. We sat next to one another in silence.

Takashi wasn’t asking me anything. He was probably trying to give me space. I was grateful for this.

Had he asked me a question, I don’t know how I would have answered. My mind was a mess. Sensei had returned and was going to be my homeroom teacher.

How am I supposed to feel about that? I have feelings for Takashi, but I don’t think my feelings for sensei have vanished. If they did, i wouldn't have acted the way I did. Just how am I supposed to handle this situation?

He dropped me off at my house and said a simple goodbye.

“Was that Takashi?”

My sister, who for some reason was wearing a bikini asked.

Ah… The trip to the beach.

Takashi had arranged for all of us to go to the beach for the summer. She must have bought that and was trying it on.

“Maybe I should pop out and say hi.”

“Not dressed like that, you are not.”

“Eeeh… Afraid I will steal your boyfriend?”

I didn’t answer her question. The expression I had on my face must have hinted to her that I was troubled by something.

“What is going on Hinata?” she asked me firmly.

“My class is going to have a new homeroom teacher after summer vacation.”

“So?”

“It’s Sensei Hiro.”

Her eyes opened wide when she heard what I said.

4