Chapter 23
172 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“And you are?” Minako asked

“Madoka. I am Hinata’s little sister”

“Ho…”

“Hinata. Takashi. Why don’t you two go get us some drinks?”

“Eh…” Takashi cried

“Yeah… I am thirsty too.” Minako said, “Get me a smoothie Takashi. You know, the one you used to make for me when we were kids.”

“You still drink that?”

“Yeah… It’s the best.”

Her bright smile could blind anyone, even if they had shades on.

“Fine… Shall we?” he asked me.

I simply nodded and followed him. Behind, I left my sister and my best friends with Minako. I hope nothing bad will happen.

“Sorry…”

As I was thinking that Takashi spoke.

“She was being rude to you earlier… I should have…”

“It can be helped… She is your childhood friend… It is only natural that you didn’t force the issue, and it’s not like she said anything untrue.”

 My voice trailed off on the last part. I always thought I would never regret my past action but I am. How I wish I could turn back time.

“Hinata…”

“It’s nothing honestly…”

“No! She may be my childhood friend but you are my girlfriend. If she can’t treat you with respect then we are going to have a problem. I won’t stand idly back next time.”

My heart started to beat fast again, when I heard him say those things. A quickly turned my blushing face away from him.

What would he do if he found out she was only acting like this because she wanted them to be together?

Haruko warned me against telling him. When she called to tell me what happened after I left her and Kurumi with sensei at the school, she said that Minako had an interest in Takashi and was using her family's power to come in between us. It shocked me to hear that. It meant that sensei's arrival was nothing more than a ploy on her part, rather then coincidence or him returning to me.

It bugged me to think about it, but now it doesn't.

Sensei may have returned, but I can’t deny it anymore. My heart no longer has any doubts. I have fallen in love with Takashi.

My sister told me to talk to him about my past and about my feelings, but Takashi doesn’t care about my past. His focus is on my future.  

He is worried that I might break up with him. 

When sensei appeared,  he must have figured out my connection with him. I am pretty sure he must have been super worried about it.

And here I was only thinking about myself.

“Hey look at that girl in the green shirt. She is pretty hot.”

“Yeah… Think that is her boyfriend?”

“No way dude. Must be a relative or some guy in the friend zone.”

“Should we ask her out?”

“Hmm… Why not. I would like to touch those boobs later on.”

I heard some guys talking with my keen hearing. Strange. When they assumed that Takashi and I were not going out, it kind of pissed me off.

Why would they assume such a thing?

Takashi is… He is…

“Takashi…” I called out his name

“Yeah…”

“I love you,” I said before grabbing his hand and kissing him.

He blushed when I did that. It was so cute. I want to see more of his cute side. I want to tease him over and over again.

“Tch… They are a couple.”

“Let go somewhere else…”

“Yeah…”

“Hey… Look, there are some hot babes over there.”

“Let’s check it out.”

I heard them say that before walking off in another direction, but I didn’t care. My focus was solely on Takashi.

***

“What are you doing?”

Takashi’s order for smoothies was weird. I order four smoothies for me, my sister, and my friends and he ordered three, which didn’t make any sense.

“Minako likes these two types of smoothies being mixed together. So I used to drink half of one kind and pour half of the other in it.” He answered

“Oh… Eh?” Wait a minute, isn’t this an indirect kiss?

Just as he was about to put his lips on the straw I stopped him.

“Wait… I will do it.”

“Really?”

“Yeah… I like that flavor anyway.”

“You like this flavor? Hmm… I guess you drinking it would be better than me.”

“You don’t like it?”

“Not really.”

“You know, it’s okay to refuse or you could spill half of it.”

“I find it hard to say no to people’s requests and I hate wasting food.”

He doesn’t like to waste food… And he finds it hard to say no to requests… I didn’t know that about him. I wonder if Minako knew. If she did, then she was making him do it on purpose… Sorry, no indirect kiss this time…

“Here, let’s swap.”

“Okay…”

We slowly walked back after I had made Minako’s smoothie. Takashi wanted to drink the other half which still remained. It was at that time that the old lady who runs the shop gave us a lovers double drinking straw.

8c26f0e736b6195a4de515da4d9c23b5.jpg

Good Job

Takashi was blushing as we drank together and I blushed as well. How couldn’t I? He looked so cute.

I have never felt something like this before. It felt good. No. It was amazing.

When we arrived back we were met by a chilly atmosphere. You would be forgiven for thinking it was winter by just how chilly it was.

Off in a distance, the earlier guys that were talking about me looked gloomy and dejected.

Just what happened here?

3