Chapter 31
143 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cultural festival was a few days away and I was helping my class prepare for the event. Everyone was busy decorating the class, placing the tables and some went out to buy ingredients for the café.

 We had decided to do a bunny café this year. The idea was suggested by the guys with evil intentions but we girls simply altered the design of the waitress costume to something cute.

“Wait… A bunny café.” Takashi said when I told him what our class had decided on and he immediately blushed.

I wonder why he would….

“I am not wearing that silly…” I said before puffing my cheeks

“Right… I suppose the school wouldn’t allow such a thing.”

“Huh… What do you mean by that?”

“Well… You looked sexy in that costume… I just thought that umm… I wouldn't want anyone else seeing that...” his face was bright red as he mumbled that last part.

So Cute…

“Umm… what about you guys? What are you doing?” I asked in the hope of changing the topic before we both embarrassed ourselves to death.

“We decided to keep it simple. We will be doing a food stand, with a focus on western foods.”

“Amazing idea… It will surely attract many customers.”

“It was Minako’s idea…”

Shit...

“She came up with it after testing one of my burgers.”

Wait… what did he say?

“You cooked a burger for her? When? Where?”

“Umm… Over the weekend… She usually comes to my place to study…”

I was beyond shocked. I was floored… I was wondering why that witch wasn’t disturbing our lunches recently.

“Is something the matter Hinata?”

A normal girlfriend would raise a fuss about her boyfriend allowing a girl to enter the apartment he lives alone in, over the weekend.

However, doing that in my case might be bad. I mean… what am I supposed to say?

"Sorry virgin boyfriend but I feel like it is inappropriate for you to allow a girl into your apartment. I, your none virgin, and very experience girlfriend forbid it."

Even I have to admit that it would be a pretty bullshit thing to do. On top of that, he answered my question so honestly and without hesitation which means that nothing is happening between them.

Minako must have not made her move yet...

What should I do? I can’t stop them from meeting… Not without a really good excuse to do so.

“Hinata!”

“Ah! Umm… Sorry. You were saying something?”

“I was calling you out but you weren’t answering. I got really worried.”

“Sorry… I was just wondering.”

“Wondering about what?”

“Umm... Would it be alright if I came to your study sessions with Minako? I promise not to get in the way or anything.”

“You won’t be getting in the way… But our next session will happen after the festival. I will text you when we set it up.”

“Alright... And thanks” I replied before kissing him on the cheek.

***

“Come on in. Welcome to our bunny café”  

The school festival was well underway and I was welcoming guests and calling out to potential customers in the hallway.

Our business was doing pretty well and our uniforms were pretty. We wore a pink shirt with a white bunny on it. We also wore bunny ears, which was the only concept of the original costume the guys came up with that we kept.

“Welcome come to bunny café,” I said with a smile until I realized who I was talking to. “Oh… What do you want?”

“Is that any way to speak to your sensei?”

Sensei Hiro came to check on the progress of our café and I had the misfortune of running into him.

“I am busy right now…” i said as I tried to shrug him off.

“Hinata… I need to talk to you…” he said seriously

“The feeling is not mutual…”

“It is important…” he urged.

I sighed before ushering him to an empty table.

“What will be your order?”

“I was hoping to speak in a quieter place and aren’t you supposed to add master at the end of that line?”

This asshole is pissing me off.

“Oi… This isn’t a maid café and even if it was, there is no way in hell I would speak like that to you.”

“But... you did that one time when…”

“Secondly!… Being alone with you makes my skin want to crawl. Tell me what you want or piss off.” I said in a harsh tone while glaring in his direction

He gave me a wry smile before speaking, “It is about that boyfriend of yours. You should break up with him.” He said before giving me a serious look.

“That’s not happening.”

“Listen to me. That girl that likes him is dangerous. If you are not careful she will ruin your life.”

“Thanks for your concern but it is unneeded and unwanted. I am not giving up on Takashi.”

“Why? There are other fishes in the sea.”

“What does have to do with anything? The heart wants what the heart wants.”

“Jeez… I don’t get what you two see in that boy.”

“Humph… In my eyes, he is a man and you are the boy.”

“Ouch… Has words Hinata.”

“The truth often is.”

There was a brief silence. Sensei Hiro looked like he wanted to tell me something but said nothing.

“If that is all, then please settle your bill… We have other customers waiting to come in.”

“But I have eaten anything yet?”

“Your bill customer.” I forcefully said before placing a bill on the table.

“2000 yen?” I heard him cry.

He called my name but it was time for me to switch with Haruko. I gave my notepad to her and pointed at sensei’s table.

“Dear customer… Please settle your bill.” She said with a scary aura.

My last image of sensei was that of a man who lost his will as he reached for his wallet.

I was now making my way downstairs to the ground floor. My destination was the food stand that Takashi’s class was doing.

I never thought I would feel this feeling just because I was going to see someone. My heartbeat was beating faster as I got closer to their food stand.

I now see why they say that love is an addiction. Even if meant I was the most selfish person in the world, I would never want to let go of this feeling.

When I arrived I was met by a long line of people in front of their food stand. It looked like their idea was a success… or rather, Takashi’s cooking must have been a success. In the distance, I could see the defeated look on Kaya’s face as she held a burger in her hand.

It was my sister who first noticed me. She had come with Kaya and some friends from her school. I waved in her direction and she waved back. I then turned my attention to the food stand but I couldn’t see Takashi anywhere…

“Hinata-san” a voice called out to me.

I turned and found myself face to face with an ex of mine.

4