chapter 33
166 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minako had a huge smile on her face. She looked a kid had just received the present she wanted from Santa Claus, which was funny because I am sure the only thing she would receive is a lump of coal.

“I was just helping Hinata-san, to find Takashi-san when she suddenly looked ill,” Hitoro replied

“Are you alright Hinata?” Takashi asked before coming to my side.

“I am fine… Honestly… There is no need to worry.” I replied

“How lucky that your ex was nearby to help you Hinata,” Minako remarked with a smile

This vixen really knows how to use her words to attack. I couldn’t think of any counter to that.

“Should I take you to the nurse’s office?”

Takashi paid her no mind and continued to look concerned about my health. It is times like this that I am reminded of how lucky I was to meet him.

“Thank you for worrying about me but I am fine. More importantly, we should go on our festival date.”

“Eh… But…” he uttered before looking at his class’s booth.

“Don’t worry about the class Takashi. We will manage without you. You should take your girlfriend to see the festival.” Hitoro said

“Is that alright?”

“It is…” he reassured Takashi

“Hmm… Mind if I tag along?” Minako asked, “I haven’t yet seen all the stands… We could make this into some kind of adventure for the three of us.”

Didn’t she hear me call it a date? She did, she just doesn’t care.

“Sorry, Minako-san but I want it to be just the two of us. This is going to be the last semester before he starts to prepare for his finals... so I would like for the two of us to make as many memories as possible.”

“Hinata!” Takashi uttered with a surprised look on his face.

“Come on Hinata… It will be fun if all three of us go together.”

“Sorry, Minako but can I ask you to drop the idea. I also would like to spend the festival with just Hinata.”

“Is that so? Can’t be helped then.” She said before walking away.

***

Takashi and I went from place to place. We visited the various cafes that were opened, art displays, games, and my personal favorite… a hunted classroom.

‘Takashi is always so calm and composed… This was my chance to see him scared’

In the end, it was I who screamed.

“Are you alright?” he asked me

“Yeah… Just a little embarrassed, that’s all.”

“You look cute like that.” He teased

“Don’t say something like that or I will get super mad.”

“Sorry… I couldn’t help it.” He said before laughing.

As the festival was coming to a close, called out from the bottom of the stairs.

“Want to watch the fireworks together?”

There is a legend at the school that a couple that watches the fireworks together will be never break up. I am not a fan of stuff like that but for once in my life, I truly wished that it was true.

“There is only one month before Christmas.” He uttered

“What are you going to do for the holidays?”

“Hmm… My parents haven’t yet contacted me about that. I usually fly out to meet them but my mother was saying something about coming here instead.”

“Is that so?”

“How about you?”

“It looks like my dad will be coming for the holidays. This will be the first time I have seen him in ages.”

“Really... Hmm… Maybe I should pay my respects when he comes.”

“Eh?”

“Will that be a problem?”

‘He wants to meet my dad? Why? Don’t tell me he is going to ask for my hand in marriage?’

I began to daydream about a marriage between me and Takashi.

It was a sunny day in the park. My dad walked me to the altar where Takashi was waiting. My best friends and sister were my bridesmaids. Even Minako, showed up to wish us well. Okay that might a bit of a stretch, but that doesn't change the fact that It was the happiest day of my…

 “Hinata!”

“Eh?”

“You looked like you were spacing out.”

“Sorry… I was thinking about something.”

“If it will be troublesome for me to meet…”

“No! It won’t be troublesome at all… so… please do?” I couldn’t look him in the eye when I uttered the last two parts.

This was even more embarrassing than when I screamed.

Just then the fireworks began to explode in the night sky but my head was firmly focused on the floor.

Takashi gently placed his hand on my chin and raised my head, “You are too cute when you are like this.” He said before kissing me.

I wished this moment would last forever and ever.

***

The cold month of December had arrived. The school was still some weeks away from closing and it bothered me. Next semester, Takashi will be busy with his final exams.

He will be coming to school less often as he plans to study from home. While I did trust Takashi, I was afraid Minako might do something. She has been quiet for that past month.

I know she has been looking for embarrassing photos or videos about me. I confronted her about it and she only replied, “What is wrong with that? Are you ashamed of your past? If you are then do the decent thing and break up with Takashi. Someone like you is undeserving of him.”

As usual, her words cut deep.

As I prepared to meet Takashi for lunch I received a message from my sister. To be more accurate, she forwarded a message from my father.

The message reconfirmed that he will be coming for the holidays but what caught my attention was the part about my engagement to Takanori. My eyes opened wide as I read what was written.

“You got to be kidding me” I yelled

4