Chapter 3. Court intrigue
562 10 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After opening the door, a flash of disappointment ran through the girl’s face as her eyes landed on Adrian. 

 

“Is your father's name Revl?” Adrian asked.

 

“Yes?” she confirmed nervously in a high-pitched voice.

 

“Your father is dead.”

 

Death was a concept that was always close to him, but he tried to show empathy by lowering his gaze.

 

The girl clenched her fists and her eyes widened at first, but it was soon replaced by a vacant but understanding expression.

 

..

 

“Would you like to come in?”

 

The girl looked to be around 14, the same age when Adrian started killing. Her hair was a dirty shade of blonde due to the dirt and other filth it had gathered, as she clearly hadn’t bathed in a long time. She was thin, practically skin and bones. Her eyes were green, but the shade was lighter than Adolenes’.

 

She served Adrian some red liquid, which he assumed was tea. 

 

“Sorry, this is all I have. I didn’t expect other visitors than..” she said with a pitiful voice.

 

He stared at the almost transparent liquid in what appeared to be a bowl made of wood. The fact that she had offered him anything in the first place was ridiculous.

 

“You don’t seem very shaken,” Adrian said in a questioning voice.

 

She opened her mouth, not sure what to say. 

 

“He wasn’t.. a very good man.”

 

“Did he hurt you?”

 

“No!” she immediately yelled.

 

“Nothing like that.. just.” The girl had an unpleasant expression on her face, she was at her breaking point.

 

“Just what?” Adrian wasn’t relenting.

 

“He was addicted to throwing dice! I tried my best to sell the things I knitted, okay? But he kept taking all the money and.. and..” Tears gathered in her eyes. 

 

No matter how much of an adult she tried to be, she was still just a child. She wasn’t explaining well, but Adrian quickly picked up the pieces while she shut her eyes and started sobbing.

 

Without any expression, Adrian stood up in front of her and patted her head.

“There, there.”

 

She girl stopped crying and looked up at him dubiously.

 

“My big sister does this to me when I’m angry.”

 

“But I’m not angry?”

 

“..”

 

Adrian didn’t know how she was feeling. He was usually either angry, or he’d feel nothing.

 

The girl looked ready to talk again, so he assumed the headpats worked.

 

She wiped a tear from the corner of her eye.

 

“He tried to redeem himself at the end, bragging about how he would slay one of those monsters and we would move out to a better area. And I actually believed in him..”

 

She smiled sorrowfully before shaking her head.

 

“It reminded me of the past, when he took care of me and mom. But now they are both gone.” Her expression was still heartbroken. 

 

“Ah. He killed two warriors.” Adrian quickly took out a white envelope that was filled with gold coins. The amount covered twenty years of the average person’s living expenses.

 

Adrian’s life was dull outside of battles. He would usually speak and be with Adolenes, but when she was busy, he spent time in the slums. 

 

He would go through the casualties and see if any families that wouldn’t survive on their own had been left behind. With the massive fortune he had garnered through killings, he could afford to ease their despair as he felt somehow responsible for the people of the slums.

 

She blankly looked at the envelope which Adrian threw on the table. Shiny, yellow coins were spilling out. These coins weren’t used in the slums, they were too precious.

 

“I see. So he kept his promise, after all!” she smiled proudly, dimples forming on her happy face. Even though she was smiling, her eyes soon welled up with tears again.

 

Adrian did his best to smile, but it didn’t come out well judging by her disturbed expression.

 

“I should get going.”

 

He picked up his dark cloak which he used to hide his pure white military uniform, which gathered a lot of attention in the slums.

 

“Goodbye mister!” she bowed when they reached the door. Adrian walked a few steps outside, until he noticed a bald man shooting a dirty look towards the girl he had left behind.

 

He still remembered his time in the slums. A girl like her wouldn’t survive a week. Adrian stopped in his tracks, but didn’t move. He was thinking of what to do, his own experience with the place telling him to act.

 

He turned back, and the girl was still looking at him.

 

“What is your name?”

 

“Ah. I’m Hannah,” she said, embarrassed by the lack of introductions.

 

“Pack everything you need, Hannah. You’re leaving this place.”

 

They arrived by a gigantic manor. It was by the outskirts where the slums had ended, a tall wall separating the two areas. They went through the gates, Hannah staring into every direction. She seemed frightened.

 

“Sir, are you selling me to a noble?”

 

..

 

They went through the door and arrived in one of the rooms. 

 

“Stay here for now, do you understand?” Adrian finally spoke.

 

She seemed a bit reluctant, but finally nodded her head obediently.

 

“Sit down, I’ll be back soon.” She sat down on the bed, still nervous.

 

--

 

Adrian was headed towards the palace. He didn’t know what to do, so he would do what he always did: ask for Adolenes’ advice.

 

The palace was full of military advisers, nobles, and other personnel. An old man with a gray beard that Adrian didn’t recognize shot him a sharp look.

 

Adolenes was in a map room, fervently speaking with two people at the same time in a commanding tone:

 

“If they attack from the East, send the third division here and wait for further orders.”

 

Adolenes was wearing a red empress’ dress with golden markings on them. The dress didn’t reveal much, as if she was purposefully hiding her figure. She had a dissatisfied look on her face. As the Saintess, she would always smile when speaking to the public and when she was with Adrian. 

 

He knew that she was faking her happy demeanour with him. Adrian had found out her fake persona early on, because he used to follow her around everywhere and saw how she acted with people when she was dissatisfied. Her face now seemed much more natural than the one she presented him with.

 

At 14, Adrian had confronted her and told her to stop acting whenever she talked to him. However, she never stopped.

 

“Ah. Adrian.” she noticed him standing by the door of the planning room. 

 

“Just when I needed you! You must have known, right?” She smiled brightly with her gentle eyes.

 

The two military men beside her seemed shocked by her tyrannical setting having completely disappeared.

 

“What do you need me for?” Adrian asked, not hiding the dissatisfaction in his voice as she led him forward by pushing against his lower back.

 

“Hm? It’s nothing, just a small matter.”

 

Walking behind him at a close range while pushing him, she suddenly stopped and grabbed him by his waist. 

 

“Adrian.” She said in a grave voice, all the playfulness in her tone suddenly gone. 

 

She picked a strand of long, blonde hair from the back of his neck. 

 

Adrian turned around to see her face: it was twisted in a way he had never seen it before. Her nose and mouth were wrinkled in what seemed to be disgust.

 

She put her hands on his head and pressed his temples to make his face stay still so she could see through him.

 

”Have you slept with some whore?” She was furious. It was the angriest she had ever been at him. 

 

Adrian’s face remained stoic despite the shock. After a few seconds, he calmly answered. 

 

“No.”

 

Adolenes stared into his eyes for ten seconds before she sighed, closing her eyes.

 

“How did a girl’s hair end up on you? To whom does it belong, Adrian?” 

 

Adrian knew Adolenes didn’t like it when he lied. He also saw no point in lying to the only person he trusted. 

 

“A girl named Hannah from the slums. She was orphaned so I went to give her money and..” 

 

A servant cut in. Adolenes shot her a frightening look, which greatly affected the servant.

 

“Em..Empress. The meeting..”

 

“Tch.” Adolenes pulled Adrian with her towards the direction the servant pointed at.

 

“Where are we going?” Adrian asked.

 

“It’s the useless emperor’s useless cousin,” Adolenes still looked angry, but dragged him on.

 

“Why do I have to..?”

 

“He’s an arrogant bastard. Are you done?”

 

“What do I have to do?” 

 

“Just look scary.”

 

Adolenes seemed distant, not looking in his direction as she dragged him while giving short answers. 

 

--

 

“What do you want?” Adolenes snapped, the residue of her anger still showing no signs of calming.

 

Adolenes sat on her throne seat. Two assassins dressed in black were by her sides acting as bodyguards while Adrian was standing directly behind her, in his white uniform.

 

It was the same man with a gray beard he had seen while walking to the palace. He also had two bodyguards. He looked at Adrian, before turning his eyes to Adolenes.

 

“Ah, how it pains me. When I heard that the beautiful and kind Saintess had claimed the seat of the empress, I almost couldn’t believe my ears!”

 

The man continued, “To think that my dear cousin had managed to marry the most beautiful woman in the whole kingdom!” he celebrated.

 

His voice that had been dripping with sarcasm turned grave at once, a wrinkled expression showing on his old face. “Or so I thought.” 

 

He slammed the table “Adrian! Boy, have you no shame! Who took you in when you were nothing but a slum rat?”

 

Dissatisfied with Adrian standing there like a statue, he sighed as he placed his head in his hands.

 

“Maybe you had nothing to say in the first place, and the whole purpose of this visit was to see if the palace was unstable, in which case you could usurp me.” Adolenes guessed, having no patience for his antics. 

 

The old man tapped his finger on the table, in deep thought. 

 

“You must have been planning this for quite a while, Adolenes.” His voice was now calm.

 

He stood up. “At least do a better job than my cousin. The slums are still a shithole,” he said as he shot a final look at Adrian while buttoning his shirt. 

 

--

 

Adrian followed Adolenes to her chambers. She looked like she had still not forgiven him, but let him follow her anyway.

 

“I still need to talk to you later,” Adolenes stated, as she picked a stack of letters and started flipping them. She seemed very busy.

 

She turned to look at him. 

..

 

“Did his words anger you?” she asked knowingly in a monotonous way while examining his expression. 

 

Adrian didn’t need to answer.

 

Adoneles sighed and pulled her underwear down. She raised her dress slightly over her plump butt that it somehow managed to hide, and rested her hands on an expensive table that was in her royal chambers. 

 

”Here. Make it quick, I need to meet envoys from other kingdoms soon.” She was loosely confirming the letters in her hand while she raised her ass at an angle. 

 Adrian was startled by her sudden proposal.

She was in her normal, tyrannical mode. The kind and gentle behaviour she normally had towards Adrian was nowhere to be seen. 

 

She was still sulking.

 

Her two ripe melons were hanging from the dress, the lumps of fat trying to break through the fabric as they were pointed downward. With her long royal dress pulled over her back, her legs and ass were left completely visible. She had heels on, which didn’t help since she was already taller than him. 

 

Her perfect, lascivious ass was thick enough so that her holes barely showed unless they were opened manually, using hands. 

 

He knew she was older and that he would grow taller than her eventually, but her monstrous ass made him feel slightly threatened. Just seeing it made Adrian want to hump it, not caring where his cock landed since cushion was everywhere. 

His head was still overworked from how much new sexual experience he had only recently gathered. But staring at her ass she had offered him, he decided to not look a gift horse in the mouth.

He couldn’t get distracted. Making her moan again was the goal. He couldn’t finish too fast, and he had to reach deep enough.

 

”Are you doing it or not?” She quipped impatiently with a pissed off look. 

 

Was she in such a hurry to address some menial kingdom business? She would rather do something so boring than have sex with him!

 

Adrian grit his teeth.

 

He immediately went behind her awkwardly, trying to reach the height of her ripe ass. It was like reaching for an apple that was growing too high. She quickly realized what was going on, lowered her ass a bit before engulfing herself back to those letters.

 

Angry and without knowing any better, he plunged into her hairy crack without any foreplay. Sure enough, it went in. He began plummeting away as if his life depended on it. He ravaged and plundered, until every pleasure he could get out of her body to satisfy his selfish carnal desires would be taken. He grabbed her hanging breast through the fabric of her dress, but she simply moved his hand away in a calm motion while changing a letter.

 

With his desperate thrusts, he pressed his head against her glistening lower back to support him to make sure he could redirect all his energy to his lower half. She smelled like lilacs at a hand’s reach, but when he was this close he could tell it was mixed with something pungent as she was starting to break a sweat. Adolenes was a mature woman. 

 

He quickly surrendered to his lust and, in his extacy, he decided that this momentary pleasure was more important than finishing his mission of making her squeal. It was the first time he gave up on a mission. 

 

His head was filled with shame, which only made cock thrust harder into her softness. 

 

Ridden by guilt, he planted his nails deep within her waist to support his orgasm. 

 

His nails quickly disappeared into her skin as the pressure of the fingers made her springy meat give way, marking her skin around his fingers red. He also took some of the little excess fat from her lower back into his mouth, holding onto it with his teeth as he tried if it tasted anything like it smelled.

 

”MMMHBBBA!” gagged by her skin, the muffled sounds were coming out from his mouth. Streams of pleasure that were shooting out were making Adrian’s legs quiver. This time he was able to control his orgasm, and fully utilized her flesh by pounding only at the right times to enhance his ejaculation. The feeling was ethereally rejuvenating.

..

 

”Ah. You’re done.” When she felt that the latest spurt of cum wasn’t followed by another, she effortlessly scooped his half-erect member out with her hand. Her vagina made a wet sound at his exit and was slightly pulsating as his member sprung out. Her aghast hole was trying to close the entrance that was left empty. His nails had left clear marks on her skin.

 

As she straightened her back and rubbed her lower back a bit while complaining how strenuous it was, semen was dripping out of her love nest, touching her black pubic hairs along the way.

 

She quickly pulled the panties up and started walking towards her next destination. She then noticed his gloomy expression and walked up to him. She patted his head a few times. ”I have to go now, but you still have something to tell me, alright?” There was a hint of pressure in her voice.

 

Adolenes then rushed straight into the meeting room without washing up. It made Adrian erect again. 

 

As he watched her backside disappear, he made a discovery. A speck of light disappeared from her right hand's finger.

 

Adrian’s expressionless face that barely even changed during his orgasm broke down from what he saw.

14