Chapter 2
8.5k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"DAMON!"

"DAMON!"

"WAKE UP NOW!"

"YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

Loud calls came from the other side of my room.

"So it is true." I whispered. After that curtain of light disappeared, I immediately found myself looking at the vague image of my room from ages ago.

"HAHAHAHA!" I laughed as loud as I could until tears were freely falling down my face.

"Damon?" a concerned voice sounded.

"BANG!"

The door flew open and I found myself embracing the familiar figure of my mother. She was a thin middle aged lady and shared vast similarities to my features. I'm finally home, I thought and continued to cry in my mother's arms.

"What's wrong, Damon? Did those boys bully you again? Tell me what they did and I'll teach them all a lesson." my mother offered a brave front. I knew of her difficulties. She can’t even catch a fly with how weak her body was due to malnutrition.

"Nothing, mother. I'm just happy to see you." I replied.

"You sweet child. You saw me last just hours ago." She smiled and returned my embrace.

“You should go now, Damon or you'll gonna be late for the entrance exam." my mother advised.

"Okay, mom. I love you." I replied and kissed my mother's cheeks.

"I love you too, Damon." she smiled at me while she said these words.

"Hmmm... What to do now?" I asked myself after i locked the door of my room. I chose to go back at this time because this was the day where my life had changed completely. Time to change the past, I thought and faced the new day with a positive start.

"I'm going to school, father." I bade my goodbyes to an emaciated man who lied on the bed. He was immovable and could hardly even move his head around.

Only his eyeballs roamed freely from their sockets to let me know that he heard me clear enough. I dropped a kiss on his forehead before leaving him alone in his room.

"Are you going, brother?" I heard a voice called for me when I was about to exit the house. I turned around I saw a 15 year old girl who shared the bodies of my family. We were dirt poor.

"Yes, Kiera. What do you want brother to give you when i return later?" I wanted to hug her but i stilled myself instead. There was more time for that later.

"Do you have money?" Kiera's eyes grew big the moment she heard my words.

"Of course, Kiera. Tell me and I’ll give you anything you want." i answered.

"I want a cell phone, brother. Make that two. I also want Stephany to have one." she requested.

"But maybe you should just buy food, brother. If you have money, then please just buy us food. Mom and dad need it." but she added after a breath. Tears were slowly gathering in her bright blue eyes.

"Don't cry, Kiera." I couldn't help myself but take her in my arms.

"Don't worry, Keira. From now on, we will not starve any more okay? We'll never lack food from today onwards. I promise you." I whispered.

"Really, brother?" she motioned her head upwards to look me in the eyes. With 3 years of age difference between us, I stood a head taller than she was.

We were all thin and undernourished but our parents took the most sacrifice of us all.

They ensured that we were fed enough to not starve to death and what little was left were shared by them two.

With how expensive the rent was today, it took most of my mother's income.

She was a newbie romance writer.

"Yes it's true, Kiera." I smiled at her.

"So tell Stephany that she's going to have a cell phone later okay? And lots of food."

"Hehehe. We'll be waiting for you, brother! Take care!" she said and tiptoed to kiss me on my jaw. Hahaha. What a cute little princess.

When i got down from the apartment, the busy streets flashed before my eyes.

Not only the roads were full of people, but the sky was also teeming with traffic and commuters.

30