Chapter 11: Using a Tigers Pelt
94 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The soft voice from the back caused all those gathered to turn their attention to the youth in front of the palanquin in the VIP area.

As they did a guard silently unrolled the Black Tiger Banner hung on the side of the carriage.

A wave of intimidation washed over the crowd as the Black Tiger roared at them.

“I hope you can concede here and offer our Houses Young Master some face.”

Xiao Wan humbly said as he cupped his hands and saluted the stunned audience.

“D-did you say 1000 taels?”

“Yes, indeed the Young Master is willing to pay 1000 taels.”

The auctioneers face visibly lit up and as no one dared to bid again, immediately brought his gavel down.

“1000 going once.”

“…”

“1000 going twice.”

“…”

“For the whole lot.”

The auctioneers face immediately became shades of black and green as soon as he heard the youths statement. The falling gavel faltered in mid-air.

One thousand taels of silver for the whole auction lot! Shameless highway robbery, who would dare to do something like this. He raised his head to curse the individual out, but his gaze met the fiery pupils of the Black Tiger Banner and the words stuck in his throat.

The rest of the customers were equally livid.

Did the Young Master become such a Eunuch that he instinctively wanted a harem to guard?

“Why are you stalling? My Young Master has made you a fair offer. Will you accept or are you waiting for another bid?”

Had any of those proud Sect disciples been in the crowd then maybe but what resident of the Azure Sky Kingdom, bar the Royal family, would willingly throw themselves at Young Lord Ren's feet just to be kicked.

The auctioneer sent pleading gazes around the stands, but no one met his gaze. The fierce Elder Fan seemed to be staring intently at a passing cloud while the lecherous Fatty Tang was busy polishing the jewelled ring on his thick pinkie finger.

With no option left the pale-faced auctioneer gritted his teeth and slammed the gavel

“Sold to Young Master Ren. The entirety of Lot 8. Congratulations.”

He felt his heart twisting, and he coughed up  a mouthful of blood afterwards.

To gloss over it, he quickly brought out the next lot and cast a couple of furtive glances at the palanquin praying none of it took its occupants fancy.

Ren Yao sat in the serene carriage uncaring about what was going on outside. He had gotten what he came for and quicker than he thought. Xiao Wan had his uses, as long as he remembered it was only a tigers pelt and not an actual tiger, then he’d be fine.

After several rounds of subdued bidding, the auction regained its vigour, and the 10th lot was brought out.

Ren Yao gave it a quick scan, saw nothing of interest and ordered the carriage on to collect his goods.

Thirteen women in white, almost see-through, gowns stood in a line awaiting their new owner. They witnessed the ornate carriage shouldered amidst the procession of black armoured guards.

Their new owner's carriage.

When it stopped the auctions sales representative approach, Xiao Wan, who brought him to the side of the palanquin, the door of which slid open, but no one emerged.

Lounging inside was Ren Yao.

He lazily looked at the clerk.

“1000 silver taels as promised.”

With that Xiao Wan withdrew a banknote from his person and handed it to the grateful clerk.

Transaction complete the auction guards led the girls over to their new owner; Ren Yao noticed the lustful gazes they were giving his new property. He raised a hand to halt the clerk before he turned to leave.

“I take it that these women are as described?”

Captain Da Laoban had always considered himself good at reading the mood of the Young Lord; it was a skill everyone needed to develop to survive.

So when his Young Master began to question the clerk, he instinctively withdrew his large vicious blade and placed it against the clerk’s neck, resting it on the petrified man's shoulder. Then using that as a pivot point, he slowly angled the sabre blade till the clerk’s chin was pointing skywards.

“Y-yes! All these women are certified pure.”

Satisfied with the answer, and that the teary-eyed clerk understood the consequences of lying, he took custody of his latest purchase.

The auction guards breathing became laboured as they could do nothing under the bloodthirsty gazes of the entire Black Tiger squad. Nothing but be thankful that Young Master Ren had paid for his purchase instead of stealing it outright.

Now thirty odd burly black armoured men guided thirteen pure white maidens through the capital and directly back to the Ren Estate.

After separating from Young Master Ren, Xiao Wan returned to the side of Steward Wan to give an account of today’s expenditures.

They spent little more than 1500 silver taels from what remained in the allowance.

As for the several chests of extorted silver, those were deemed to be Ren Yao’s private money given as proper compensation for being subjected to such blatant sexual harassment.

The old steward looked at the receipts his heir had handed to him and sighed.

It was indeed an odd sort of day.

With his coffers now full and his purchases paid for Ren Yao once again returned to his courtyard. This time 13 maidens followed meekly behind him, their heads down so as not to meet the gazes of any of the servants they passed.

These women were vital for him, but as he was, he wasn’t quite at the stage yet to fully utilise them.

Once the doors of this room closed, he set about inspecting the girls from head to toe. He was gratified to find that every one of them was indeed an untouched, unblemished flower.

He took their pulses and checked the circle of symbols drawn around their belly buttons.

These seals on their bodies would at least hold until he was ready for their contribution.

He gave instructions, to his awaiting maids to take care of the girls; wash, bathe and clothe them appropriately till he was ready to receive them. They led the still fearful girls away.

He was then left to conduct the most necessary part of his masterplan.

1