Chapter 13: Investing for the Future
84 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night wore on, and the candles were burning low by the time he’d made the last cut and sealed in the final bead. A ridged spiral pattern was now visible through the small traces of blood. Every ninth knob twice the size of the eight before.

The beads of sweat of his forehead were like beans, and his face was ghastly pale.

If not for sheer willpower, he doubted he’d be able to do something that extreme even at Yellow Qi realm.

When he was finished mutilating himself, he washed it down gently before slathering the last of the doctor’s ointment on and bound it in gauze before withdrawing to his bed.

He didn’t sleep.

He just lay awake infusing a little inner energy into his array to ensure it healed at full capacity so that there’d be no tearing or rupturing when he activated it in the future.

The maids were getting a little worried.

It had been three days since the Young Master left his room.

Which wasn’t so unusual but of late he hadn’t been out so nursing a hangover or trying to sleep it off was out of the question. He even had those thirteen slave girls that he’d bought but hadn’t touched yet. They were being treated suitably, well fed and cared for as instructed.

Eventually, one got up the courage to scamper forth and knock gently on the door. In a voice of concern, inquired if the Young Master required anything.

Finally, the door opened swiftly, and the Young Master stood before her with an enigmatic look on his face. He was wearing a set of clean sky blue silk robes over his casual morning dress, a dashing hero.

She had never seen him like this before and couldn’t help but blush and look down.

Her eyes went wide as her downturned gaze brought her in line with the tent he was pitching.

She blinked in disbelief, but it had vanished beneath the fabric folds of his silk pants.

Ren Yao was very pleased with the results of his little operation. There had been some bonuses that he hadn’t expected. Not only had he regained the ability to become erect, but his member had also grown. As the saying goes; one-inch longer is one inch stronger.

He may never father a child, but he could now pleasure a woman, and with his additional modifications, they would never be able to forget their time together — a thing neither of his selves had done before.

With his wounds finally healed, when he got up this morning, he'd accomplishing 80% of his grand scheme.

The cultivation technique he was about to train in had such high cost, and those thirteen maidens would only be the start. After that, he would need to set up the 108 Furnaces if he wanted to continue to improve.

“Summon Xiao Wan and bring some breakfast to my courtyard. I feel like enjoying a little wine outdoors today.”

The still blushing servant girl bowed and left immediately.

Xiao Wan appeared not five minutes later, a little red-faced as he’d hurried over.

“Young Lord, how can this Wan serve you?”

He looked at the bowing young servant, and a small smile floated across his face.

“Xiao Wan. You as the future Steward and I as the Young Lord who stays home most, naturally we will be working together closely. Come sit, let us have some wine and talk of future endeavours.”

He indicated the stone stool across from him and watched as the grimacing servant sat. He could see Xiao Wan was wondering if he had just walked himself into the spider’s web.

Ren Yao first poured himself a cup and then poured one for Xiao Wan.

It was better wine than they’d had at the Water Lily Inn and the little servant was very careful to pace himself as he watched the Young Master sip at his cup slowly, staring aimlessly at the distant sky.

“Lately, I’ve been listless. I think it’s about time I did something with myself.”

“We should put the silver in those trunks to good use and see if it can’t attract some more along.”

Xiao Wan listened attentively, nodding at all the correct places as he drank in only the fragrance of the proffered wine.

“Putting my knowledge and talents to use, I have the feeling I’d do well running a brothel.”

When Ren Yao said that in such a sincere and straightforward manner, the little servant almost fell off his stool, thankful he hadn’t been drinking, or he’d have either spat it out or choked on it.

When he steadied himself, he looked up to find the icy cold eyes of the Young Master staring directly at him. His face was smiling, but those eyes weren’t, they measured every movement the little servant made.

Appraising and judging.

“As such, I will be relying on you to find a suitable location, build and to complete all the necessary paperwork. If we could purchase an existing establishment that would be much better, they’d already have a reputation.”

He took another leisurely sip from his wine cup, and when he put the cup back down, his eyes were now soft and gentle, just like the smile on his face. Their chilling light a fleeting memory.

“Of course, I’ll also require a detailed investigation of our competition; the other establishments, their proprietors, profits and losses, market value, clientele, the sphere of influence and their girls.”

“A very detailed report especially regarding that last part.”

With that, the Young Lord concluded their meeting and with a swish disappeared back into his room. Xiao Wan, on the other hand, downed his cup of wine like it was a shot of hard liquor then stumbled off to consult his adopted father.

Even well into the evening, neither Wan could understand the reasoning behind the Young Master request.

The current mental state of the servants didn’t concern Ren Yao, as the 13 women he’d bought from the slave market auction were lined up neatly inside his bedroom. Dressed in beautiful white silk gowns, while he lounged in a half-open robe.

As women forced into slavery, they had resigned themselves - even more so as unplucked women, but from the rumours around the Estate that they'd heard over the last couple of days, they still couldn’t understand.

Wasn’t their Young Master a eunuch!?

For what purpose had he bought them if not to service his needs and desires?

1