Chapter 5: Old Memories
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Sia took her things from her original room, she returned to her room quickly without noticing anyone since there is her mother photo.

Although three days are long, Sia passed them quickly by studying. And , the day that she have to leave her house comes.

She prepared her luggage by putting her own clothes, school uniforms and other things that are related to her.

And, she left the room.

When she reached the entrance, she saw her father, two brothers and sister. Her sister is wearing school uniform while carrying her bag. And, her twin brothers wore casual clothes to go to college. Although they were wearing simple casual clothes, one can tell with one look that they are the sons and daughter of conglomerate.

' That's right! This is thursday. So, the school and office are still opening. Since I shedchuled to leave the house in the morning, I have to see them '

Sia suprised but quickly composed her body.

' Well, it's undeniable '

Sia walked towards the entrance without hesitating while carrying her luggage. The luggage wasn't so heavy since her clothes are only a little. At the entrance,  she only bent down her head to her father for a brief and left the gate.

Since she has told her father through the butler that she would leave in the morning, she saw a car and a driver prepared for her. Although the car was luxurious, she didn't care about at all. She put her luggage at the back and sat on the opposite side of driver seat. When she looked at the mansion from the window for at last,

' It's the last time that I will be seeing you.

Let's not see each other again '

The car started and left the house after her thoughts finished.

Along the way to her apartment,  Sia saw many people working, running, selling, etc.

At the traffic light,

Although it's the morning, the city was bustling with crowds. She spotted a girl holding a small doll and flower came out of present shop at the corner of the street. Although her clothes seem poor, she was excited by looking at the things she bought.

Although she didn't wgo she bought for , Sia was reminded of her old memories when she looked at that girl.

' I too once excited to get the presents for the people I love, but ___ '

Sia shook her head and cut her thoughts.

She looked away and changed her scene.

Car horns and people talking.

There were many cars passing and people enthusiastically walking hard to their destination. Some seemed relaxing, but most of the people were hurrying. She sometimes saw some smiles on their face although she didn't know what meaning it would be.

After 20 minutes later,

She reached her destination.

Now, she was standing at the entrance of the apartment building. The driver left by giving her apartment key in front of the gate.

' He also said my floor and room number, too '

It is a tall building about 15 floors.

Although it wasn't luxurious, it stood out among other building in neighborhood.

It is a large area where there were gardens, parking lot and even small playgrounds.

' It isn't a hotel right? '

She quickly shook her intuition and entered the building.

Thankfully, there wasn't anything like reception and only people talking and passing.

' So, this isn't a hotel '

She quickly entered the elevator and pressed 10th floor. When the doors started to close, someone step came in and stopped the doors. As I looked at it, I saw the familiar and unfamiliar person at the same time. That person was panting with sweat. Maybe he was working out since he was wearing athlete clothes. However, his handsome figure with crimson red hair and blue eyes outshine them. One that cannot simply overlooked with, simply saying, there is no one who didn't know him in my school.

' His name is James Darwin.

The third son of Darwin family. He has the older brother who goes to the same college with my twin brothers '

' If Loreins family is the third influential family, Darwin family is the second influential family in Senitaum country '

' They possessed technologies about crops, buildings, games, internet, etc. The reason they were the second influential family was because the internet became something that people have the daily routine of everyday and Loreins family has to seek out help from often nowadays because the climate of country is changing. Since they have the ways to grow crops at any weather like greenhouse effect , Loreins have to collaborate with them often '

 '' I'm sorr...huh..  huh..ry.. ''

' Don't he get cold? '

'' It's okay ''

When he calm his breath and mind, he came into the elevator and stood beside me. I move a little beside. 

'' Then, I'll go first ''

Sia press the 10th button floor after saying that.

'' Sure ''

A reply came back.

' Of course, he didn't know me even though we are in the same class. Rather than not knowing, he may have known my name but not my face. Basically, he didn't even know that I exist in his class. Even though he is an technology conglomerate's son, he doesn't interested in none of them. Rather, he interested in sports and also get good results at them. And, he may have undescribed feelings for my sister, Lora Loreins, since I have seen him looking her face with that gaze sometimes. Well, I don't know for sure though'

'' .... ''

They didn't say anything when they even reached the 10th floor. 

After reaching 10th floor, Sia stepped out of the elevator and quickly looked for her room.

Her driver said it was No.109.

When she was searching her room, 

'' Excuse me...? ''

She heard James voice.

'' Yes? ''

' Why did he follow me here? '

' Maybe his room is in this floor? '

'' Have we met somewhere before? ''

' Excuse me, I'm in your class though '

'' I don't think so ''

She lightly smiled and waved her head.

When she was looking around, she saw room No.109.

She walked to her room and quickly opened with her key and went inside.

' Why did James Darwin here? I thought he would be in dorms? '

' Well, it's not like we'll see each other anyway'

Sia cleared her thoughts and looked around her room. Her apartment was normal. However, this is the first time she get an apartment like this size, so she feels a little excited.

' Though I'm not gonna use for long... '

She smiled bitterly.

The living room was seats with TV. The right side was bedroom, kitchen and the left side was bathroom. It was about 75 square meters so it was a little larger than normal ones. She checked the bedroom. The bedroom was clean and there were new school uniforms and some home clothes in the wardrobe. She checked other places too. All rooms and spaces were clean, too. Basically, the whole apartment was clean and there were foods, fruits and other things to eat in the refrigerator.

' They put in a lot of effort. With that food, I can stay about two months without doing anything '

She drank a glass of water since she suddenly felt thirsty and sat down on the sofa.

When she sat down on the sofa, she found the small box and her usual notebook on the sofa. She remembered her notebook but,

' What's that small box? '

Curious, she opened it instantly. She saw the phone.

' Ah.. '

Her phone broke when she committed suicide. Though she didn't want to use it since her father gave her,

' It can't be helped. Since I need it '

And, she opened her phone. Her phone has changed but her old phone memory was still there. There were accounts that she used to write novels and her bank accounts are still there.

' It's good since it is my ususal phone memory. But, where's my bank card? '

Sia looked around the box, but there was nothing. She noticed her notebook and opened it.

Then, something slipped and fell from the papers of notebook. She picked it up and knew that it was a bank card.

'' Hmmm... ''

When she was trying to close her book, fews line in the book caught her attention. She didn't closed it and read it.

'  March 10, 2019

  My father brought me into his house. 

  I was happy and excited. 

  Although he seemed a little shy, he

  introduced me to my new family members.

  I politely greeted them as my mom taught

  me. However, they seemed a little mad and

  didn't like me. But, I don't worry. If I became 

  obedient and listened to their words exactly,

  they will love me right? I have to try hard.And,

  .... 

  ....

  .....

  ..... '

Sia read her diary with no change in her expression. Since the diary is from the day she arrived at the mansion, they were long.

So, she skipped pages and only read a few lines.

' April 1, 2019

 My stepmother told me to do housework

 everyday from now on.

 Since she would be happy, I do housework 

 started from today. When I finished cleaning,

 washing, she would treat me better, right?

 When I told her that I finished, she has an

 angry expression. Did I do something wrong?

  ... '

' July 7, 2019

  I still did my housework even though madam 

  wasn't happy. Today is my father's birthday.

  I gave him the present I bought with lent

  money from some employees. But, he throw 

  away the present I bought in front of my eyes

   Did I do something wrong?... '

' September 4, 2019

  Today is my sister birthda...

   I gave her present but she threw away....

   Did I do something wrong this time too? ...'

' December 27,.....

   ....

   did I do something wrong?... '

' Januar...

  Did I do something wr..... '

' Febru... 

  Did I do somethi... '.

' Dec..

   Did I d.....  '

After a few pages reading the same line, Sia reached to the end with only a few lines now.

' December 31, 2025

  I gave up. I don't care anything anymore.

  I just wish to die '

'' Really, although I wish to forget the past, I

  still thinking about it now. Well, I have to 

  take time ''

Sia wiped her tears which were falling unconsciously. 

'Since the bank card is here, it must have

 meant father has read it. Well, it doen't matter'

 

She put away the phone with its box and

She threw the notebook in the trash.

Then, she took out a new book from the school bag in her luggage.

She took a pen from her pencilbox  and write a few lines on the first page.

' Well, although there are many sad things 

  have happened, it's still good to keep good

  old habits '

In her new notebook,

' January 14, 2025

   I died in January 1.

   But, I came back alive.

   I will live this life as I wish to.

  Start from today. '

1